14 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Yup.

Hm.

• Spider!Wizard scans Araris on N2. Finds out that Araris targeted TKN N1.
  • UPS informs me the possible results they can get: Target's Role, Target's Alignment, Target's Target, Target's Targetee(s)
  • Spider!Archer claims to have scanned TJ N2. Finds out that TJ targeted Mat N2.

Originally, UPS figured discovering Alignment would be 1/4 odds, and I shrugged and nodded my head. That becomes more complicated if PM Spiders can discover targets from any night, past or current.

That seems... weird to me. Not impossible, but weird.

So two theories.

1. World #1: PM Spider's can't see actions that happen the current turn (redundancy with Xino's claimed role, Multiquoter). e!Archer is lying to support e!TJ's claim.
  2. World #2: PM Spider's can't discover alignments (redundancy with Vote Analyst and Tie Guy). e!UPS is lying to clear e!Mat.

ED1T:

Or, somehow, all of Archer, TJ, Mat, and UPS are village? I'm apprehensive. Especially when I'm certain the elims have a PM Spider, and it's not Wiz or Fae.

Edited by Amanuensis

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler

Does anyone open this section anymore? Please respond with a Obi-Wan Kenobi quote if you can see this :ph34r: 

• Kas and Fifth are only valid vote targets at parity.
  • The wincons are complete. 
  • Flipless implies no roles and no alignments.
  • Survivals, if any, will be written up in the standard way.

Player List: 

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
2. @The Wandering Wizard as Emma, twin of Wiz, corruptor of all, avatar of the Kaos.
3. @Steeldancer as Steel
4. @Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
5. @StrikerEZ as Kjell, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break
6. @xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.
7. @JNV as JNV
8. @Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. @Biplet as Biplet
10. @Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Cecelia, Devona, and Saponin
12. @Amanuensis as Adavantos
13. @The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
14. @The Bookwyrm as Bookwyrm, the SE deprived Sharder who's doing this even though it might be a bad idea.
15. @Tani as Mehelin, a random bystander who isn't Randby.
16. @Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. @Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er
18. @|TJ| as mad watcher
19. @dannnnnex as Danex
20. @DrakeMarshall as Drake
21. @Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. @Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. @Sart as Sart
24. @Shining Silhouette as Silho, bootleg King's Wit
25. @The last Fae in the Woods as The last Fae in the Woods

Edited by Fifth Scholar

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Araris was read as an SE player.

Now the ensuing investigation to figure out whether I was trolled or not.

...Araris would be the one to talk to about whether you were trolled or not, but I am pretty sure that doesn't work if you are trying to figure out if an alignment scan on Araris was accurate :P

my action failed -.-

i attempted to roleblock archer. I assume the other roleblocker blocked me. kas said earlier in the game that when two actions in the same order of actions interact, it's down to a coin toss, so I assume i lost one. 

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

...Araris would be the one to talk to about whether you were trolled or not, but I am pretty sure that doesn't work if you are trying to figure out if an alignment scan on Araris was accurate :P

How useless does that make this scan, then? xD

Also someone smarter than me explain what the RB is going on pls thanks

I'm just checking in for the cycle. As before I have no extra information to offer, but for those who have had trouble keeping up on the thread I'll just reiterate:

I trolled Aman N1, forgot to Troll N2, and got exed D3. I was a Village Troll. Also I'm fairly busy for the next few days so my next posts will be similarly short until I can find enough time to very lightly skim and summarize the thread, and thus be able to offer any of my own conclusions.

-------------

Walin looked at the screen. Then, he remembered that the built-in camera was up above the screen. Embarrassing. After that he checked that the webcam was on, the mic was on and functional, and that his VPN was turned off. Finally, he looked just above the screen and said "hold on, this whole operation was your idea."

He then facepalmed. Some people might run scripts to get into his computer at any moment, but those who really wanted to save time would just scrub through his files. So, he fired up OBS Studio, started recording, said the line again, finished recording, exported through VLC media player, and covered his desktop with the same video file.

There. That was it. Now to go leave his laptop unattended for several hours.

-------------

I award myself 0.5 XP.

So that's 2 roleblocks: one on TJ and one on Aman.

And TJ is already a roleblocker.

Options:

• A secret villager roleblocker was suspicious of TJ and roleblocked TJ. At the same time, an elim roleblocker blocked Aman.
  • The elims have 2 roleblockers and for some reason one of them blocked TJ instead of me (pretty darn unlikely).
  • TJ is a lying elim who roleblocked Aman and is now claiming to have been RB'd as an alibi.

This makes TJ suspicious, yea?

However, evil TJ implies evil Archer. Whereas evil Archer does not necessarily imply evil TJ. Therefore while it may be a bit counterintuitive, the odds of evil Archer is strictly higher than the odds of evil TJ.

Archer, provisionally. I am pretty sure this is a good vote to make.

Slight dilemma, though. Because on the other hand, I figure the net is likely closing in terms of role claims and the exhibited abilities of the elims. I am therefore decently suspicious of both of the roleclaims made last cycle, both of which were... Odd, in different ways. I almost want to spend this cycle getting both of the claimants to prove their roles, by voting up Ashbringer and having Silhouette use their vote manip so we can see it in action.

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

However, evil TJ implies evil Archer. Whereas evil Archer does not necessarily imply evil TJ. Therefore while it may be a bit counterintuitive, the odds of evil Archer is strictly higher than the odds of evil TJ.

Archer, provisionally. I am pretty sure this is a good vote to make.

This logic makes sense to me lol

TJ

Archer

Will note UPS PM'd me and verified that Spiders can randomly find out any night targets, making alignment scans from it even less likely. Seemed to be defending TJ and Archer a lil by proposing a third world where all four of them are village because of their misunderstanding of the role.

Lol imagine TJ/Archer/Mat/UPS team. Unlikely, but imagine

Edited by Amanuensis