6 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Wait you have a kill? Neat!

A troll helped you out, I assume

Does it make a difference who does the deed?

I'm thinking of shooting another player tbh. I don't have a Troll guaranteed, but I can't risk the elims Trolling me if I attempt to protect someone. It's up to you if you believe Silho's vote manip claim. If that's true, then he could have easily broken the tie yesterday and let Danex's role die out. I may lean v!Silho here personally.

Edited by Amanuensis

15 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

@Matrim's Dice opinions on Biplet, Sart, and JNV?

Bip you could tell me is either alignment and I’d believe you. Sart I lean village based on how disconnected he’s been (the ‘doing his own thing’ I mentioned earlier) and also voting last turn, probably not e/e with Bip at least. JNV… is in this game, yeah. Is it even possible to have an opinion on them? :P.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH, if his role claim is true, then he could have easily broken the tie yesterday and let Danex's role die out. I may lean v!Silho here personally.

Yeah, but that’s a death sentence once we start asking for roles. e!Shining works best with v/v trains last turn which I can see, and I can also see him opting to let the info come and claim later, betting on getting out of it with his role. For me the claim is NAI.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Bip you could tell me is either alignment and I’d believe you. Sart I lean village based on how disconnected he’s been (the ‘doing his own thing’ I mentioned earlier) and also voting last turn, probably not e/e with Bip at least. JNV… is in this game, yeah. Is it even possible to have an opinion on them? :P.

Yeah, but that’s a death sentence once we start asking for roles. e!Shining works best with v/v trains last turn which I can see, and I can also see him opting to let the info come and claim later, betting on getting out of it with his role. For me the claim is NAI.

If you could shoot two players tonight, who would they be?

49 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Well, the reason I didn't claim is cause I was worried about RPers and such stealing my role. Speaking of which, @Ashbringer, can RPers steal your role and become immune to the next cycle??

I'm a discussion leader and can move a vote if I so chose

I doubt there's two elim RPers and there's not much point for a villager to take that step to be exe-immune next cycle since that wastes a cycle. Full on moving a vote is powerful for elims but I don't see village you being this afraid of having your role taken.

I'm more inclined to see Orlok as a village pinchhitter than Steel but wouldn't kill the latter just for that. I'd vote Steel over TJ or Archer though.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

If you could shoot two players tonight, who would they be?

I’d RNG between who lives in [JNV/Bip/Shining]

Ash would be in there but his claim gives me pause, paranoia says that’s the point but idk. Everyone else seems more like a later problem, or at least one we can solve without CSing them. Those three feel unresolvable either way.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I’d RNG between who lives in [JNV/Bip/Shining]

Ash would be in there but his claim gives me pause, paranoia says that’s the point but idk. Everyone else seems more like a later problem, or at least one we can solve without CSing them. Those three feel unresolvable either way.

Lines up with my set of Bip, Sart, and JNV for tonight. On the first right now but considering until the last moment.

While I did like Sart's vote in the moment, I want to point out that it brought Bip up to 3 when Steel and Walin were tied at 4, and we later realized it was better for us to keep the pool smaller. I could maybe see e!Sart wanting to dilute the pool and gain cred for willingly throwing himself in. Most likely, the rest of his teammates were already voting, so it could have also been a request to gain more cover. Especially if on a team with Archer/TJ, for example. Or maybe with Ashbringer, who's role is closer to an extra strong thug to maybe balance out the lack of a Goalkeeper.

Kayana theory I know. Probably the least likely one I'll test.

5 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I doubt there's two elim RPers and there's not much point for a villager to take that step to be exe-immune next cycle since that wastes a cycle. Full on moving a vote is powerful for elims but I don't see village you being this afraid of having your role taken.

It's not so much that I was afraid of my role being stolen though that was a factor, but what's the point of sharing? Isn't it better to err on the side of caution as for info here than tell people?

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Personally, I’d rather not discourage activity. I far prefer this to 1-2 page turn threads. I agree there’s a line to walk here though.

Agreed.

There are a lot of things in this game I've missed but I feel like that's okay, for multiple reasons this game is one where there is maybe not as much of an expectation that you can keep on top of everything. It is good to have a game that isn't too hectic, however: a game that is shorter to read is one kind of chill, but a game where you don't have to have read everything and there isn't high stakes to always play optimally or whatever is a different kind of chill. Or at least that's my two spheres

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Well, the reason I didn't claim is cause I was worried about RPers and such stealing my role. Speaking of which, @Ashbringer, can RPers steal your role and become immune to the next cycle??

I'm a discussion leader and can move a vote if I so chose

You are free to hold your own peace and to not claim, but why exactly were you worried about RPers stealing a vote manipulation role when there are people who have claimed kill and protect roles?

Also, if you had this ability and are village, why not manipulate Tani's vote so that it was used up?

I don't necessarily disbelieve you but I have Questions:tm:

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

If Drake shoots me

I'm a pacifist!!!

My role PM says I am but a humble seeker. Seekers don't kill!

The fact that some of the past targets of this ability have died on the same night they were targeted by it is an unfortunate coincidence, but I am sure that my role doesn't cause people to die that would be morbid

I have Standards

41 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm thinking of shooting another player tbh. I don't have a Troll guaranteed, but I can't risk the elims Trolling me if I attempt to protect someone. It's up to you if you believe Silho's vote manip claim. If that's true, then he could have easily broken the tie yesterday and let Danex's role die out. I may lean v!Silho here personally.

Interesting. I suppose you shouldn't say who specifically it is hm.

Edit:

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Together Forever (Good-?): Archer, TJ

• TJ is a Wallposter (?) and Roleblocker, and has been backed up by Archer to have visited Mat N2 (and thus not Aman). 
  • Archer is a PM Spider, and backed up that TJ visited Mat N2. Thus tying these two together. Two Elim Roleblockers would be interesting, and even possible, but the other possibility is these two are our Elims. I don't really think that's the case, but it's possible. Otherwise I don't have a solid read on either of these - they both seem Village enough, but I've been focusing on actions and roles more than reads.

Can you further explain why you think the alignment of these two is entangled?

Was Aman roleblocked N2 by an elim? I am sorry I do not know what happened on N2 :P

Also, even if village!Archer implies village!TJ, does the other direction exist? Does village!TJ indicate village!Archer in any way?

Edited by DrakeMarshall

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You are free to hold your own peace and to not claim, but why exactly were you worried about RPers stealing a vote manipulation role when there are people who have claimed kill and protect roles?

You know that's a good point

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Also, if you had this ability and are village, why not manipulate Tani's vote so that it was used up?

Tani's vote when?

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Tani is a dead elim.

Dead players only have a single charge to cast a vote that counts.

Is there a reason you couldn't have used your powers to make Tani waste her vote on a cycle it didn't matter?

I'm fairly sure the removed players can't have their votes manipulated unless actively using them

Edited by Amanuensis

17 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Can you further explain why you think the alignment of these two is entangled?

Was Aman roleblocked N2 by an elim? I am sorry I do not know what happened on N2 :P

Also, even if village!Archer implies village!TJ, does the other direction exist? Does village!TJ indicate village!Archer in any way?

Aman was Roleblocked on N2 after being confirmed Village via Striker's Lynchbait. I, and I think most of us, assume that was an Elim. Xino claimed Roleblocked N1 after dying N2. Then TJ claimed Village Roleblocker who hit Shining N1 and Mat N2, but both claimed not to have used actions - and Archer claimed PM Spider who verified TJ targeted Archer Matrim.

So I'd say E!TJ implies E!Archer, and V!Archer implies V!TJ, but not the other directions. I might also have my details wrong. But it's the best alignment tie I've got outside of votes.

Edited by Ashbringer
wrong target

Also, I feel like it might actually be worth voting up Ashbringer tomorrow to prove that the roleclaim is valid tbh

Because that claim is wild

And if Ash lives we have a close to confirmed villager (caveat: unless E!Ash has just a vanilla Thug ability lol, depends on how likely you think something like that is) and if Ash dies well then they were definitely evil

8 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Aman was Roleblocked on N2 after being confirmed Village via Striker's Lynchbait. I, and I think most of us, assume that was an Elim. Xino claimed Roleblocked N1 after dying N2. Then TJ claimed Village Roleblocker who hit Shining N1 and Mat N2, but both claimed not to have used actions - and Archer claimed PM Spider who verified TJ targeted Archer Matrim.

So I'd say E!TJ implies E!Archer, and V!Archer implies V!TJ, but not the other directions. I might also have my details wrong. But it's the best alignment tie I've got outside of votes.

Interesting, yes this makes sense

So the possibilities are:

• E!TJ and E!Archer
  • V!TJ and V!Archer
  • V!TJ and E!Archer

The one we can rule out is:

• E!TJ and V!Archer
Edited by DrakeMarshall

13 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Tani is a dead elim.

Dead players only have a single charge to cast a vote that counts.

Is there a reason you couldn't have used your powers to make Tani waste her vote on a cycle it didn't matter?

Oh yeah, that's not something I've thought of. I've inquired to see if it's possible

I could do that. Might even be useful to try and trigger the Tie Guy again via Steel, with some tricks.

Well, E!TJ V!Archer would mean the Elim team has 2 roleblockers. Possible, but weird, and we can probably track down the other roleblocker eventually.