Well, that’s promising. Shining and one of Archer/TJ? Idk I’ll look at it tomorrow. (Yes I know I’m in that pool too)

Other games definitely haven’t had this. It’s the longest game on record already and we’re not even done with C3. Maybe that’s because no one really dies, or because all the blackout game solving has to happen in the thread, or limited PMs… I’m honestly not entirely sure.

Honestly I’m considering asking @Random Bystander to scan me as well, as that might shed some light on things. Well, not exactly that. And it’s not up to me is it.

7 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Hey guys, I'm not doing so hot. School hit like a truck, and my mental health has been doing a nose dive over the last 2 weeks. The length of thread has made it increasingly overwhelming to even try signing in, because there's just too much to read. Even if I die, there isn't any relief because I'll stick around. That's just too much for me at the moment. As such I've requested a pinch hitter. 

That being said, I'm not pinch hit yet. And I want answers. Why the heck was there a vote on me this last turn? I explained my thinking behind my role, so I genuinely have no idea why me, who's hardly been able to get over the hurdle of signing in to figure out what's going on, much less trying to solve or do analysis. 

That being said, I'm just fine with dying. My small selfish wish for voting on Walin was mostly in service of a joke I'll make if I'm not replaced by the next day. 

I also wouldn't anticipate hearing too much from me regardless. If they're unable to find a pinch hitter for me, I'm probably going to basically drop off the face of the earth, maybe signing in once a day to see what's going on. Sorry 

Reveal hidden contents

Gotta love accidentally making spoilers on mobile

Sorry to hear that, friend :( I really hope things take a turn for the better.

If you are village, tho, I have a request before you leave us. Could you maybe Pinchhit Danex's role tonight, so tomorrow you can confirm that Orlok was honest about the Tie Guy role? I'm a little apprehensive to trust any info this game from a single/pair of sources and you are the only Pinchhitter I'm aware of that can do this. It would go a long way in helping clear you / your actual pinch-hitter / Orlok. Not to mention we might have a lead on two elims if true. At most you'll just need to submit the order tonight and tell us if Orlok/Danex told the truth tomorrow. It would be very much appreciated <3

((ED1T: @Steeldancer what happens if you are Trolled btw? You can't exactly turn a dead player into a Pinchhitter, after all))

Reminder to @Random Bystander to RP as Bookwyrm tonight for a second alignment scan.

Request to @Araris Valerian to Troll watch RandBy, that way if the elim Troll attempts to make RandBy turn Book into an RPer to prevent double scans on C4, then we can kill the Troll immediately. Assuming you get the names of the Trolls?

Alternatively, @|TJ|, how do you feel about getting Trolled tonight on purpose to grant interference immunity? @Channelknight Fadranand myself could both Troll you, that way the elims need to expend two player actions (RB and Troll) to prevent it if they care enough to.

Oh and would like to say again: if most or every PM Spider is willing to link up to Wizard, I will be able to use him as an intermediary for future role strategizing, that way elims won't be able to read what our actions are in thread and work around them

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Alternatively, @|TJ|, how do you feel about getting Trolled tonight on purpose to grant interference immunity? @Channelknight Fadranand myself could both Troll you, that way the elims need to expend two player actions (RB and Troll) to prevent it if they care enough to.

sure but grant immunity to whom? if there isnt a good target for that, id rather try to block the elim kill.

11 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Known Novel
Walin(4): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, TJ

if steel like e, then 2 evils are to be likely on walin - steel plus 1 out of [mat, shining]
if walin is e, then 2 evils likely to be on steel - 2 out of [archer, ashbringer, tkn] 
if the train is v/v, then hmm my likely guess would be within [archer, ash, mat, shining]. 

also pardon for not coming on for the later half of last cycle. thursdays and fridays are very hectic for me and i overslept beyond rollover today morning. need to read if we asked tkn to vote or if they did it by themselves because i see evils saving their vote for later. 

2 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

sure but grant immunity to whom? if there isnt a good target for that, id rather try to block the elim kill.

if steel like e, then 2 evils are to be likely on walin - steel plus 1 out of [mat, shining]
if walin is e, then 2 evils likely to be on steel - 2 out of [archer, ashbringer, tkn] 
if the train is v/v, then hmm my likely guess would be within [archer, ash, mat, shining]. 

also pardon for not coming on for the later half of last cycle. thursdays and fridays are very hectic for me and i overslept beyond rollover today morning. need to read if we asked tkn to vote or if they did it by themselves because i see evils saving their vote for later. 

Probably grant immunity to Randby so that he can RP as Bookwyrm's role and confirm it's real

And I technically asked Striker and Tani to use their vote to see if that sends them to the dead doc. Neither were willing, but TKN volunteered cause he wanted spoilers lol

So yeah v!TKN NK N2 checks out.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Probably grant immunity to Randby so that he can RP as Bookwyrm's role and confirm it's real

to clarify, troll!roleblock does not provide immunity to my target if my target is trolled. it is not termed as interference. it only provides interference against roleblocks and possible redirects. 

Just now, |TJ| said:

to clarify, troll!roleblock does not provide immunity to my target if my target is trolled. it is not termed as interference. it only provides interference against roleblocks and possible redirects. 

Oh :( that's sad then.

Guess Araris will have to cover RandBy then. And maybe any other village Multiquoters

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Mech discussion isn’t my thing and there really wasn’t any non mech stuff last turn; when I saw that I wouldn’t need to move for the tie thing to work I just… didn’t do anything else :P.

Yeah me too, all the weird role stuff is very difficult to stay with

5 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

On a happier note, the result I got was that of the eight players involved in the tie, two were Eliminators and six SE players.

Hmmmmm, this is trickier than I thought. Orlok, I can't recall, was this voting thing a one-time thing? Cause if not, then next time we should have a lot more of the highly village-read players like Wiz in the mix. Even better, if we take our POEs and mix the two, I'm sure with simple logic we could narrow things down

Two out of eight doesn't tell us much, but it's something. Let's say blue is light vil and green is moderate.

Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Known Novel
Walin(4): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, TJ

I'm going to be honest, I've been mixing up some players in my head so I gotta figure out where I stand :P

But anyway I'm going to hesitantly say there are two elims in <Archer, Ash, Mat, TJ>

And I don't feel particularly good about Mat right now

21 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Maybbbbbbbbbbbe you should have lied about that rn to discourage the elims >>

But I've already said in thread what it does like 5 times (which made me slightly confused when you asked in the first place). My impression is that elims tend to have better understanding of game mechanics and roles than the villagers, so such a tactic would probably just be confusing, and could get me exed for lying. I dunno, lying about roles isn't something that immediately jumps to the forefronts of everyone's mind :P.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

But I've already said in thread what it does like 5 times (which made me slightly confused when you asked in the first place). My impression is that elims tend to have better understanding of game mechanics and roles than the villagers, so such a tactic would probably just be confusing, and could get me exed for lying. I dunno, lying about roles isn't something that immediately jumps to the forefronts of everyone's mind :P.

Ah, sorry then. I thought you never shared that detail. I'm also having serious memory retention issues due to the sheer volume of posts / info this game >>

Ugh tho. We are probably forked no matter what then.

Can I forfeit? If a second pinch hitter becomes available, I'm down to bounce o7

Just a reminder that Mat was scanned village by the mysterious PM Spider. So I'd look elsewhere at first, before condeming Mat.

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Two out of eight doesn't tell us much, but it's something. Let's say blue is light vil and green is moderate.

TKN was killed by the elims so unless there was a WGG gambit that was messed up by a roleblock on a protect, I think that TKN is most likely village. Same with Drake for killing Tani. 

Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Known Novel
Walin(4): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, TJ

= Strong village

= Village leaning

So currently I'm looking at a Ash, Shining, Steel, TJ pool. Which the elims could have split their votes. Quite honestly this points me back towards Ash and Shining once again. Because I have slight village credences for TJ and Steel. The scan could be wrong on Mat, so you could throw him in there possibly as well. Though I don't think the PM Spider was trolled.

6 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Can completely relate to Steeldancer. We had a brief period of a more manageable thread, but nearly 20 pages in 48 hours is simply not manageable.

I haven’t played in a while, and don’t know whether this is a phenomenon new to this game, or a trend, but do think it’ll split the community if unaddressed.

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Other games definitely haven’t had this. It’s the longest game on record already and we’re not even done with C3. Maybe that’s because no one really dies, or because all the blackout game solving has to happen in the thread, or limited PMs… I’m honestly not entirely sure.

What if there was an SE game where the cycles/days/nights ended after a certain number of pages?

Hmm, I guess we should consider that the elims put their teammates into that list deliberately in order to stop us from clearing a bunch of folks. So what sorts of players would they put into the limelight; those already suspected, or those that had the best chance of surviving several exes/NKs?

Also, would an e!Confirmed Villager have joined the vote if possible? My guess is not, since the lack of flips means that the elims would end up losing that player and wasting their role, but I'm curious what others think.

I like the post by Wizard. I think it's going to be hard to convince me not to vote for Shining next turn. Reminds me too much of an elim in my MU game.

Hello players!

While seeing such active engagement is awesome, there have been a lot of concerns over the sheer volume of posts and pages in this game. I ask that you please keep posts game-relevant and purposeful. Of course, we still want you to have fun, but it's important to balance that with keeping the game accessible to those who have busier schedules. 

Edited by Elandera

4 minutes ago, Tani said:

What if there was an SE game where the cycles/days/nights ended after a certain number of pages?

I think that would be busted in a whole lot of new ways, to be honest. But, in response to @Orlok Tsubodai, this is probably a combination of post-AG numbers, the lack of flips, lots of mech things to discuss, and dead players sticking around. Definitely hasn't been the trend in the previous LGs I've played.

30 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm, I guess we should consider that the elims put their teammates into that list deliberately in order to stop us from clearing a bunch of folks. So what sorts of players would they put into the limelight; those already suspected, or those that had the best chance of surviving several exes/NKs?

Also, would an e!Confirmed Villager have joined the vote if possible? My guess is not, since the lack of flips means that the elims would end up losing that player and wasting their role, but I'm curious what others think.

I like the post by Wizard. I think it's going to be hard to convince me not to vote for Shining next turn. Reminds me too much of an elim in my MU game.

Alternatively, @DrakeMarshall could shoot Shining tonight and save us the trouble of voting him :P

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

I guess I'll sacrifice my stupid joke and go ahead and target Dannex. 

For the record my stupid joke that I wanted to make was this

https://youtu.be/x9ZYNwpZa6c

That would help a ton, thank you. If Orlok was honest about Danex's role, it very likely clears both of them since that's kinda silly to give to an elim team :P and e!Orlok would have no reason to reveal he Pinchhit v!Danex otherwise

Can dead players use their roles? Can they be target for RP? 

Edit: 

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Just a reminder that Mat was scanned village by the mysterious PM Spider. So I'd look elsewhere at first, before condeming Mat.

Forgot about this lol.

I guess I have my eyes on TJ and Ash, then

The nice thing about being in a small POE is that it's even smaller for you than other people

Edited by Shining Silhouette

23 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Can dead players use their roles? Can they be target for RP? 

Edit: 

Forgot about this lol.

I guess I have my eyes on TJ and Ash, then

The nice thing about being in a small POE is that it's even smaller for you than other people

Dead players cannot use their roles. They cannot be targeted by RPers either, but they can by Pinchhitters, which is the same role but the first works on living players and the second on dead.

Agreed on PoE's being convenient when you're in them. It's a tad bit harder for us on the outside :P

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I think that would be busted in a whole lot of new ways, to be honest. But, in response to @Orlok Tsubodai, this is probably a combination of post-AG numbers, the lack of flips, lots of mech things to discuss, and dead players sticking around. Definitely hasn't been the trend in the previous LGs I've played.

Surprisingly or otherwise, less of the dead players. Most of them are close to the median line. The most talkative players and those responsible for > 50% of thread volume are all alive. I've been collecting this data so I figured I'd set the record straight. Lack of fully open PMs likely a contributory factor as well.

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Surprisingly or otherwise, less of the dead players. Most of them are close to the median line. The most talkative players and those responsible for > 50% of thread volume are all alive. I've been collecting this data so I figured I'd set the record straight. Lack of fully open PMs likely a contributory factor as well.

Yeah, but I'd say the elims are a bit less incentivized to kill said talkative players, since that won't get them to stop talking.

17 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, but I'd say the elims are a bit less incentivized to kill said talkative players, since that won't get them to stop talking.

On that note, I’d seriously be interested in a descending list of players organized by post count for analysis. If any non-GMs have the means to gather that info for us, of course :P

ED1T:

TBH I might just do it myself since I have an idea how, just will require a decent amount of work on my part

Edited by Amanuensis