13 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

What if I put him back in the running :ph34r:

@Amanuensis @Biplet want to going the second Shining flash wagon :ph34r:

Biplet Shining

TBH I don't really want Shining in the running. He's been a source of contention throughout most of this game and not a single player has really bothered to help. I doubt the elims will attempt to save him and more likely he'll just become a vote manip dump to put him in the lead or a vote manip dump on another villager in the running to make him look worse. Which is why I like Biplet being among the options. There's generally been a lot more resistance surrounding her (or more specifically, players ignoring / neglecting her, perhaps intentionally, because E/E). With her in the running we might see the elims vote elsewhere or expend all of their vote manip (if that exists) to save her.

This, of course, applies to any potential elim up for the tie. I just don't see that with Shining and find it a waste of time.

That said, if @DrakeMarshall decides to not be a pacifist tonight, I welcome him to shoot Shining

Heck, if any of the other Trolls want to Troll me, I'd probably do so myself :P

Edited by Amanuensis

11 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

My understanding is I get a count of the number of eliminators voting on the players tied in the lead.

I think we shouldn’t dilute that pool too heavily. Finding out that there are 2 eliminators voting amidst 12 players isn’t terribly useful. A smaller pool is much more helpful, although possibly not so helpful as reactions to the possibility of being in that pool.

Wait, not the people up for a tie themselves?

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH I don't really want Shining in the running. He's been a source of contention throughout most of this game and not a single player has really bothered to help.

I totally agree with this.

*gasp* but now you've set up an IKYK and so people will have no choice but to defend me

*hint hint*

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

That said, if @DrakeMarshall decides to not be a pacifist tonight, I welcome him to shoot Shining

Heck, if any of the other Trolls want to Troll me, I'd probably do so myself :P

Hey, uh

We can talk about this

Can an RPer copy abilities during the day?

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm assuming Ash was on basically anyone else rather than Tani. Tallybot probably took exception to the spoiler tag, meaning that a spoiler tag disregard needs to be built into the bot as well (I think?) File that as a later project :P Add that to the block quote section maybe.

Yes, still on Steel... I'll try to find another color if I do that again. Which I probably won't, idk we'll see.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Archer and Ash are the only two who have never changed their votes and they had them down before rollovet.

@Archer @Ashbringer do you mind removing your votes and putting them back on?

What if I want to use my role though?

Eh... sure.

Steeldancer Wizard

Wizard Steeldancer

(I'm not 100% sure if that breaks Stab Voter, but that's because I'm not one :P)

44 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH I don't really want Shining in the running. He's been a source of contention throughout most of this game and not a single player has really bothered to help. I doubt the elims will attempt to save him and more likely he'll just become a vote manip dump to put him in the lead or a vote manip dump on another villager in the running to make him look worse. Which is why I like Biplet being among the options. There's generally been a lot more resistance surrounding her (or more specifically, players ignoring / neglecting her, perhaps intentionally, because E/E). With her in the running we might see the elims vote elsewhere or expend all of their vote manip (if that exists) to save her.

I can put the her back in the running. Probably going to be the last time I can my vote as I expect to most likely not be around during roleover

Shining Biplet

Last VC:

Walin (3): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, |TJ|
Steeldancer (3): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall
Biplet (2): Amanuensis, The Wandering Wizard
Araris Valerian (1): The Bookwyrm
Sart (1): Araris Valerian

Current VC:

Walin (3): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, |TJ|
Steeldancer (3): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall
Biplet (2): Amanuensis, The Wandering Wizard

Hm. @Araris Valerian how do you feel about Bip?

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Theoretically, you and I could move to Sart, if we really wanted... :ph34r:

*notices Sart viewing thread*

Yeah Yeah. I just got on, and was doing a read through. So, we need a tie vote? Fine by me. Biplet. I don't love the whole I haven't been paying attention defense. It's too easy for Elims to hide with that excuse. Let the Contribution Crusade ride again!

Wow a three way tie... and I'm in it. Hm. Biplet isn't on my radar at all, although from the 3 posts I've read since finishing watching all of Vox Machina it seems like that's why she's on the table. Walin on the other hand, I low key want dead for entirely selfish reasons. I might re-evaluate this later if things change, but at least for now Walin. 

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow a three way tie... and I'm in it. Hm. Biplet isn't on my radar at all, although from the 3 posts I've read since finishing watching all of Vox Machina it seems like that's why she's on the table. Walin on the other hand, I low key want dead for entirely selfish reasons. I might re-evaluate this later if things change, but at least for now Walin. 

You're aware of the role Orlok Pinchhit from Danex, right? :ph34r:

Go go tallybot!

Vote Tally
Walin (4): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, Steeldancer, |TJ|
Steeldancer (4): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, The Known Novel
Biplet (3): Amanuensis, Sart, The Wandering Wizard

While self-pres is understandable breaking a tie in this situation is at least a little hmmmmm I mean we do prolly want a tie I think? and it was only like a 1 in 3 of dying :P

TKN on the other hand I think we know is village, and I suppose there are worse cycles to use their vote on than this one

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

My understanding is I get a count of the number of eliminators voting on the players tied in the lead.

I think we shouldn’t dilute that pool too heavily. Finding out that there are 2 eliminators voting amidst 12 players isn’t terribly useful. A smaller pool is much more helpful, although possibly not so helpful as reactions to the possibility of being in that pool.

Wait fr

That's wild

In that case you kinda want to get 0, I think

If you get lucky and get "0" as a result to a large-ish pool of voters, then you've cleared a whole bunch of people.

Whereas if you get "there is 1 elim" in a group the size of even like 3-4 that is not so helpful by comparison

Anyways I do not have to be one of the voters in the tie if people don't want a scan on me, or I will keep my vote involved if people do want a scan of me. Imo you all have enough info to be pretty sure of my alignment but I won't make that decision for ya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, JNV said:

I keep forgetting I havent posted here sorry I feel like I have but I havent it happenedlast turn too um ack I missed like ten pages Im posting this to actually post and Ill get back to you once I reach the present 

Catching up to the present is unnecessary! Or at least, if it is necessary, I am not a very good pinch hitter :P

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

This, of course, applies to any potential elim up for the tie. I just don't see that with Shining and find it a waste of time.

Heck, if any of the other Trolls want to Troll me, I'd probably do so myself :P

I think people not paying attention to Bip can also be explained by Bip not being super active, right?

Not defending Bip, I kinda see the logic in the PoE, but I feel there's a simpler explanation for people not pushing a Bip vote than "distancing." And idk if ignoring a person == resistance surrounding them.

Also nobody really defended Shining but they've pulled out of 2 wagons that developed. Do you think a Shining wagon is lacking in resistance in light of that fact?

Anyways, apparently it's the voters and not the voted who get scanned by the Tie Guy, which changes the calculus of this at least a little. ...well, maybe not al that much. At the end of the day we should still pretty much prioritize voting for suspicious people.

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think people not paying attention to Bip can also be explained by Bip not being super active, right?

Not defending Bip, I kinda see the logic in the PoE, but I feel there's a simpler explanation for people not pushing a Bip vote than "distancing." And idk if ignoring a person == resistance surrounding them.

Also nobody really defended Shining but they've pulled out of 2 wagons that developed. Do you think a Shining wagon is lacking in resistance in light of that fact?

Yes, but with or without Bip's engagement, I've been attempting to get others to give their opinions on her or vote her, and usually it's non-commital or they never respond. I've also been the only person that's initiated votes on her despite the fact that she's been low-active, and you would think elims would be eager to jump on the v!Aman wants v!Biplet dead train, ya'feel? Especially since there's no flips and unreliable scans

Meanwhile, a lot of people (probably everyone?) have shown no interest in not voting Shining, IIRC, which puts Shining > Bip in my personal analysis calculus. Also there's the fact he's been a chaos gremlin for a week straight now. I feel like e!Shining's teammates would've asked him to chill out a while ago :P

So like... why not Bip? Does anyone have a good reason not to put her up for the tie? :ph34r:

Edited by Amanuensis

Also, we nearly have 20 pages! Keep it up! :P

Have a complementary meme:

Spoiler

jyTYdLZ.png

Edit to add (I'm honestly surprised nobody else posted in the time it took to write this :P):

22 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Yes, but with or without Bip's engagement, I've been attempting to get others to give their opinions on her or vote her, and usually it's non-commital or they never respond. I've also been the only person that's initiated votes on her despite the fact that she's been low-active, and you would think elims would be eager to jump on the v!Aman wants v!Biplet dead train, ya'feel? Especially since there's no flips and unreliable scans

Meanwhile, a lot of people (probably everyone?) have shown no interest in not voting Shining, IIRC, which puts Shining > Bip in my personal analysis calculus. Also there's the fact he's been a chaos gremlin for a week straight now. I feel like e!Shining's teammates would've asked him to chill out a while ago :P

So like... why not Bip? Does anyone have a good reason not to put her up for the tie? :ph34r:

Right but this is where it gets silly, bc the fact is you have gotten some people to vote bip :P

Idk, it just feels like, at least for a villager, there is no particular reason to want bip dead? Other than maybe an educated stab in the dark prompted by PoE. Which is valid, but I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other.

Like, I agree that by PoE Bip is an above-average choice as far as the exe goes, but I find the route you went to arrive at that choice interesting.

Anyways, I figure there's a few options vis a vis bip:

• Bip is an elim and you're line of speculation is broadly correct
  • Bip is village, and the reason the elims haven't jumped on a v!Bip train is because Walin and Steel are also village so there is no need for them to bother
  • Bip is village, and the reason the elims haven't jumped on a v!Bip train is because breaking the tie in this situation is going to garner a lot of attention no matter how you cut it
  • Bip is village, and there are currently elims trying to opportunistically jump on the Bip train you started, that is, one of Sart/Wizard is an elim

Like yes Bip could definitely be evil but I'm not sure I see why it's more likely than the other options with what we know

...I guess this kind of ended up being a defense of Bip huh

Honestly I really don't mind that much if Bip is part of the tie I swear :P

Edited by DrakeMarshall

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Right but this is where it gets silly, bc the fact is you have gotten some people to vote bip :P

Idk, it just feels like, at least for a villager, there is no particular reason to want bip dead? Other than maybe an educated stab in the dark prompted by PoE. Which is valid, but I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other.

Like, I agree that by PoE Bip is an above-average choice as far as the exe goes, but I find the route you went to arrive at that choice interesting.

Anyways, I figure there's a few options vis a vis bip:

• Bip is an elim and you're line of speculation is broadly correct
  • Bip is village, and the reason the elims haven't jumped on a v!Bip train is because Walin and Steel are also village so there is no need for them to bother
  • Bip is village, and the reason the elims haven't jumped on a v!Bip train is because breaking the tie in this situation is going to garner a lot of attention no matter how you cut it
  • Bip is village, and there are currently elims trying to opportunistically jump on the Bip train you started, that is, one of Sart/Wizard is an elim

Like yes Bip could definitely be evil but I'm not sure I see why it's more likely than the other options with what we know

...I guess this kind of ended up being a defense of Bip huh

Honestly I really don't mind that much if Bip is part of the tie I swear :P

You just pinch-hit, remember? I've been proposing Bip to get killed since early on D2 and I had zero biters until literally now. I had to ask Wizard to vote her with me in our PM and Sart only came in to add one to help Orlok's role, which an elim very likely wouldn't do to risk getting exposed at this point

Therefore, 2 associatively-confirmed villagers and a very-likely-village (or bold/suicidal-elim) are voting Bip. That looks pretty darn good to me :P

ED1T:

@DrakeMarshall Plus, I don't really trust Ashbringer (who is voting Steel) and TJ, Mat, Steel (who are all voting Walin) so I'd rather pick my own target than follow them

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

You just pinch-hit, remember?

Oh, right :P

Just now, Amanuensis said:

I've been proposing Bip to get killed since early on D2 and no biters until literally now. I had to ask Wizard to vote her with me in our PM and Sart only came in to add one to help Orlok's role, which an elim very likely wouldn't do and risk getting exposed at this point

Therefore, 2 associatively-confirmed villagers and a very-likely-village or bold-slash-suicidal elim are voting Bip. That looks good to me

You know, fair.

These are good reasons. I am satisfied with them.

I'd offer to switch to Biplet, but I'm not sure if that actually helps anything. Imo Walin is probably the weakest of the 3 trains, if we're not doing the 3-way tie, and if we are, then we need either 1 more vote or 2 fewer.

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Oh, right :P

You know, fair.

These are good reasons. I am satisfied with them.

I'd offer to switch to Biplet, but I'm not sure if that actually helps anything. Imo Walin is probably the weakest of the 3 trains, if we're not doing the 3-way tie, and if we are, then we need either 1 more vote or 2 fewer.

I think Walin is my least favorite wagon honestly, but good as a counterpoint (if v!Walin, elims likely to vote there. If e!Walin, the opposite).

With forty minutes left, I'm not feeling too confident we'll end up with a tie (especially considering vote manip >>) but tbh it may be better if we just have two lead ties of 8 players instead of three lead ties of 12 players.

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I think Walin is my least favorite wagon honestly, but good as a counterpoint (if v!Walin, elims likely to vote there. If e!Walin, the opposite).

With forty minutes left, I'm not feeling too confident we'll end up with a tie (especially considering vote manip >>) but tbh it may be better if we just have two lead ties of 8 players instead of three lead ties of 12 players.

I agree that 12 is pretty much too many.

I figure we could either do a 3-way tie of 9 voters in total, or a 2-way tie of 8 voters.

We already have the latter, of course. It remains to be seen whether vote manip breaks it.

Because stab voters exist and dead players have votes, I don't think we necessarily have anything like rioters or soothers, but for example Tani could swoop in and break the tie at the last second I suppose :P this isn't super likely though