You know it's bad when even my vote tracker takes like 10 whole seconds to read through the whole thread :P

Vote Tally
Walin (3): Matrim's Dice, Shining Silhouette, |TJ|
Steeldancer (3): Archer, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall
Biplet (2): Amanuensis, The Wandering Wizard
Araris Valerian (1): The Bookwyrm
Sart (1): Araris Valerian

Obligatory disclaimer that the tally might be wrong.

I think 3 votes per tied person is a good number of votes. Doing 2 votes per just feels like it's spreading a little too thin. So I'm gonna put my vote back on Steel (this is reflected in the tally above). Since I am a fan of the rule of 3, I will also point out that a third vote on Biplet would make it a nice 3-way tie of 3-votes each.

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wouldn't it be better that way? Because then it would be super easy to cut you out from the results?

Hm. I suppose it depends on how the results work exactly, but maybe it doesn't make a difference then. I'm not a math guy tbh

Edited by Amanuensis

12 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You know it's bad when even my vote tracker takes like 10 whole seconds to read through the whole thread :P

Vote Tally

Obligatory disclaimer that the tally might be wrong.

I think 3 votes per tied person is a good number of votes. Doing 2 votes per just feels like it's spreading a little too thin. So I'm gonna put my vote back on Steel (this is reflected in the tally above). Since I am a fan of the rule of 3, I will also point out that a third vote on Biplet would make it a nice 3-way tie of 3-votes each.

Original Tallybot:

Vote Tally
Steeldancer (2): Archer, DrakeMarshall
Tani (1): Ashbringer

I'm assuming Ash was on basically anyone else rather than Tani. Tallybot probably took exception to the spoiler tag, meaning that a spoiler tag disregard needs to be built into the bot as well (I think?) File that as a later project :P Add that to the block quote section maybe.

Ah yeah old count has him on Steel. We'll go with that.

Probably More Accurate:

Vote Tally

Y'all know the drill.

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Alv paranoia? :P

Everyone and their cat was paranoiding on Alv, remember that? :P

VC:

Archer and Ash are the only two who have never changed their votes and they had them down before rollovet.

@Archer @Ashbringer do you mind removing your votes and putting them back on?

Shining (0): Mat(1) Wiz(3) Aman(2), Araris(1), Wiz(5), Fadran(1), Drake(2), Shining(3)

Wiz (0): Drake(4)

Steel (3): Ash(1), Archer(1), Aman(3), Drake(3), Wiz(6), Drake(7)

Wallin (3): Mat(2), Shining(1) TJ(2), Shining(4), Aman(4)

Araris (1): Drake(1), Aman(1), Bookwyrm(1), Drake(5)

Sart (1): Aman(1), Araris(2)

Biplet (2): Aman(5), Wiz(7)

Ash (0): Wiz(2), Shining(2), Wiz(4), TJ(1), Drake(6)

Orlok (0): Wiz(1)

Might do clears later, just pushing this out for now.

11 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Ah yeah old count has him on Steel. We'll go with that.

Yes, that is right.

NGL, I'm still kinda confused why everybody's making such a big deal about solving with roleclaims in a blackout flipless game.

Like, when it comes to info roles in particular, I get that the lack of flips in some ways mean scans are the only thing we can trust, but we really can't trust scans all that much when lying about one has so few downsides. Because of how this game is set up, it is honestly pretty hard to imagine a situation where I were evil in this game and I didn't make up a fake info role ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only effective deterrent I have in mind for this is to have scanners continue to link up and scan each other more. If we have a bunch of people corroborating each other's stories, then at some point we have pretty much secured against the possibility of liars in the mix. I will also say that 2 people corroborating each other is generally not quite enough for my tastes.

Short of that, I am going to take any and all roleclaims or affiliated clears with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

There's also LG74, where the Village complained I didn't give them a Seeker and I pointed to their Coinshot.

Hey that was me! I was a terrible CS that was my first game ever

Anyway, okay, why me? I see that I'm up for the tie exe but like... why? I haven't seen any reason for it. Yeah I know I haven't been as active as normal, sorry, but I don't see how that makes me suspicious? Idk if I missed the reasoning buried in (checks thread) 17 pages, but yeah.

Can I propose that we don't vote people just so we can get them all to tie? Feels like we're throwing votes out willy nilly. As in, does it have to be a 3-way?? lol

Edited by Biplet

I mean, I do like to push for diversity in a vote :)

I'm a bit nonplussed by the fact that everyone is deciding to include you in the vote and not Shining though tbh

Or that "we need to create a tie" is somehow one of the main components of voting discussion and not a side reason

I dunno the thread's big there may or may not be more explanations for things somewhere in there what's new :P

17 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Hey that was me! I was a terrible CS that was my first game ever

Anyway, okay, why me? I see that I'm up for the tie exe but like... why? I haven't seen any reason for it. Yeah I know I haven't been as active as normal, sorry, but I don't see how that makes me suspicious? Idk if I missed the reasoning buried in (checks thread) 17 pages, but yeah.

Can I propose that we don't vote people just so we can get them all to tie? Feels like we're throwing votes out willy nilly. As in, does it have to be a 3-way?? lol

For me, it's that you're at the literal bottom of my PoE. Everyone else has at least one good thing in their favor, but you're just... here. And since I have no really good leads atm, I'd rather mistakenly vote for a villager that's not participating than one that is. Ya feel?

Just now, Amanuensis said:

For me, it's that you're at the literal bottom of my PoE. Everyone else has at least one good thing in their favor, but you're just... here. And since I have no really good leads atm, I'd rather mistakenly vote for a villager that's not participating than one that is. Ya feel?

well that's kinda mean lol, but i guess fair

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Sorry if it seems that way :( I have been poking you lots tbf :P life good?

It's going. We had to open the opera cold since the winter storm took all of our dress rehearsals. Tonight we open cold with the 2nd cast, very nervous Otherwise it's going okay, we fared well in the storm lol

Anyway, I hate to flood the thread with irl, so here are some Thoughts:

the steel lack of lynchbait doesn't look good, but his explanation did feel believable, so I'm not sure what to think. If I vote, it'll ruin the tie, so I'm assuming thread doesn't want me to vote right now. Unless that means I vote on myself which, I hope you understand, I won't do :P

My understanding is I get a count of the number of eliminators voting on the players tied in the lead.

I think we shouldn’t dilute that pool too heavily. Finding out that there are 2 eliminators voting amidst 12 players isn’t terribly useful. A smaller pool is much more helpful, although possibly not so helpful as reactions to the possibility of being in that pool.

Just now, Orlok Tsubodai said:

My understanding is I get a count of the number of eliminators voting on the players tied in the lead.

I think we shouldn’t dilute that pool too heavily. Finding out that there are 2 eliminators voting amidst 12 players isn’t terribly useful. A smaller pool is much more helpful, although possibly not so helpful as reactions to the possibility of being in that pool.

I'm confused. So does it tell you who in the pool is elim? Or the number of elims in said pool?

Just now, Biplet said:

I'm confused. So does it tell you who in the pool is elim? Or the number of elims in said pool?

I think he’s saying that it tells him X players within the Y players voting on the tied people are elims? Idk, Orlok’s role claim is confusing to me.

I keep forgetting I havent posted here sorry I feel like I have but I havent it happenedlast turn too um ack I missed like ten pages Im posting this to actually post and Ill get back to you once I reach the present