2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Hey, you’re the Darth. I’m Drake :D

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

:P:D

That was a fun game! Glad to play with you again.

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I have a PM with two trolls but I don’t think either is trying to kill me (yet)

So do you only have your GM PM? Because Kas and Fifth are notorious trolls :P

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Interesting.

In a class rn but I'll come back to this. Suffice to say I'm fairly confident in my Villageness.

For me it's mostly a placeholder vote while I look over you and it may switch by the end.

Just now, |TJ| said:

wanted to keep it in case someone was to claim later i could test if they actually are the role or not. im wall-poster. flavor like i post so much with so much content it discourages anyone else from doing anything :P. 

I like that flavor :P

20 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I have a PM with two trolls but I don’t think either is trying to kill me (yet)

I will ask them

Telling Stick that they'll troll her while she targets herself and then not submitting the troll order would be trying to kill Stick/you. Unless they were roleblocked or trolled or made an agreement with Stick in PMs to do something different I don't see why a village troll wouldn't follow through prevent a presumptive village kill role from dying.

tani connesion - 

1. bookwyrm asks whom to poke vote on. stick suggests tani. bookwyrm insists to vote on fae, the newcomer.
  2. tani votes wizard. asks for pm from archer.
  3. mat votes tani for voting on wiz.
  4. archer mentions he hasnt gotten around to making that tani pm. 
  5. archer votes alongside tani to make it striker(3)/archer(3)/walin(2)/fadran(2)/wiz(2) hmm i think 24 hrs left in the cycle.
  6. orlok asks why tani dies. hmm doesnt seem very e/e
  7. tani claims rper
  8. tani claims she did not use it in n1

not going any further, but that initial bookwyrm interaction is making me sideye them a little. as ada said, what is the point in rbing him and leaving bookwyrm alone to scan?

31 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

copying scanners both lets us figure out if the scanner is lying and gives us additional scanners, so all in all it is great

that said, it only works if the RPer is in fact village and is in fact an RPer which may or may not be true at all

That is definitely a list of players, yes sir

you probably weren’t asking me :P

Why those people in specific?

RandBy probably Village. Tani claimed elim after she was NK'd by Stick N1 and also claimed RPer before that, so if she was honest about being an RPer, we should be good there

Unfortunately, there's another role, Pinchitter, which takes roles from dead players instead of living, so I'm pretty confident the elims have one of those

As for those people in specific, they're all in my PoE

25 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

more that you kept @ing him to troll bookwyrm but he kept ignoring you. not that anyone should follow someone but he did not even address it. 

wanted to keep it in case someone was to claim later i could test if they actually are the role or not. im wall-poster. flavor like i post so much with so much content it discourages anyone else from doing anything :P. 

interaction with troll. if im trolled, my target becomes immune to any sorts of interruption slash interference.

Yeah fair. I was a lil irked by that as well but I don't necessarily think it's e!indicative, given the sheer volume of this game's turns + real life circumstances.

Man how did I not get that role >> Troll/Goalkeeper my butt

Hm. I wonder if we could coordinate granting that immunity to essential roles. Best to handle that in PMs tho.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It was pretty much "you Trolled this person"

Okay, I definitely got a failure result last night, so that helps.

@Walin who did you Troll N1 and N2?

ED1T:

7 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Also the giant roleclaim post is from Me and not Aman/Shining :(

I noticed that and forgot to correct it. Sorry :P

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I suspect Tani would not claim evil unless the connections with Tani were not very useful to the village, right?

at least, that is what I tell myself to avoid rereading anything :D

Except Stick N1'd her (wasn't known at the time, just that she was killed by a vig) and it cleared her/you

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I would like to point out the possibility of alignment-concealing roles

I mean, it’s a flipless game innit >>

or do you mean smokers

Trolls serve a similar purpose of making scans unreliable tho

I feel like trolls are the smokers of this game. Except, they are also poisoners kinda.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I feel way more lost this turn than any of the previous ones lol

Me too!

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

So... why? Randby is near confirmed iirc.

Presumably they're an RPer and I wanted to yoink the ability :P

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I mean, it’s a flipless game innit >>

or do you mean smokers

Trolls serve a similar purpose of making scans unreliable tho

I feel like trolls are the smokers of this game. Except, they are also poisoners kinda.

I may or may not have a second role that implies an elim could be scanned as a villager (or vice versa).

I apologize for the obtusion, but why is Randby confirmed?

edit:

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I may or may not have a second role that implies an elim could be scanned as a villager (or vice versa).

Right but don’t scanners who are trolled scan elims as villagers? Isn’t that how that works?

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Here, I'll roleclaim it:

Confirmed Villager. All information-receiving abilities read me as a Villager.

I happen to be a villager, so from what I can tell this role might be redundant. But there's another possibility that might make it a tad more interesting.

• Possibility A: If I were an elim and had this role, I would appear as a Villager to scans
  • Possibility B: If a scanner were to be trolled and scan me, I would appear as a Villager regardless

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Basically it's just a lie instead of a truth. There could be other factions, we don't know if there are any though.

I mean, that is interesting, but feels like it is neither here nor there? It is still seemingly quite possible and perhaps probable that a trolled scanner scanning an elim might get a village result. I am not sure that a smoker role needs to exist other than Trolls, and it might even stretch plausibility for one to exist when Trolls can already do the same thing, although roles analysis in a blackout flipless game with these GMs is a perilous endeavor regardless.

edit:

Here, I'll roleclaim it:

I happen to be a villager, so from what I can tell this role might be redundant. But there's another possibility that might make it a tad more interesting.

• Possibility A: If I were an elim and had this role, I would appear as a Villager to scans
  • Possibility B: If a scanner were to be trolled and scan me, I would appear as a Villager regardless

Interesting :P

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

I mean, that is interesting, but feels like it is neither here nor there? It is still seemingly quite possible and perhaps probable that a trolled scanner scanning an elim might get a village result. I am not sure that a smoker role needs to exist other than Trolls, and it might even stretch plausibility for one to exist when Trolls can already do the same thing, although roles analysis in a blackout flipless game with these GMs is a perilous endeavor regardless.

The thing about the lie is that then we know that they aren't that, if you know you were trolled.

Because if a scanner were trolled and got village then they would know that, that person can't possibly be.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Here, I'll roleclaim it:

That complicates some things. Though I don't think it could fool the lynchbait.