PHEW! I forgot to check and join in the thread for about a day, and I didn't die. In actuality, I've been mildly afraid that I'd get exed or NK'ed ever since the almost-exe on D1. Once I saw how few votes I got D2, though, I really should have entered the thread again.

Anyway, I'm going to go be inactive again. There's a lot of thread to look over right now, and I don't have the time just yet.

---------

Walin lamented his choices that had led him to this moment. Namely, being the kind of person who spends 5 hours on the Internet instead of 2 hours on the Shard.

---------

I deduct from myself 2 XP.

43 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Oh man I didn't even think about that. @Steeldancer Why didn't you try to make that happen?

Yeah figured someone was going to ask about it. Honestly, I was hoping to get your other role, whatever it might have been, but yeah I did get lynchbait as my role for last cycle. I felt like protecting my roles exact mechanics would pay off better than maybe publicly clearing one person. Also didn't help that I was way too busy the second day of the day to really think it though anymore. 

Of course now devotary and Aman have gone and spilled the beans so that was all pointless. 

Further discussion of my choice- I was hoping to be able to use my role information to be able to pull something clutch later. By letting elims think that it's only a dead people scan, they'll leave me alone. Now that the details of my role are known, it's potentially much more threatening. In this game where information doesn't die along with people, the most potent power of the kills is to get rid of powerful roles. I can resurrect them. That makes me a threat, I think. 

So I'm a bit annoyed that my plan here was ruined. 

Alright y'all I'm a pinch hitter so I guess prepare yourselves to get pinched and/or hit

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Oh hi Drake! Question - did you kill TKN in an alternate universe?

I am sure that there is a possible world in which this is the case >:P

I will get back to you on the matter of how close that possible world is to our own, since I don't know yet! But I resent the implication that I and / or my predecessor is a violent individual. I will have you know that I am very pacifist. Or at least, I am fairly sure that there is at least a nonzero chance that I may not have killed TKN.

40 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Oh I can't believe I glossed over this. Hey @DrakeMarshall welcome to the game! Good luck catching up with the 65+ pages we already have in the game even though it's only Day 3! :D

Bold of you to assume that I will catch up before playing

This cycle is only 3 pages long though what's up with that

We can do better surely

It being the first few hours of the cycle is no excuse!!

Edit:

Hmmm so this is a blackout so I don't even have to read the rules is what I'm gathering from that

I don't know what's going on, but I don't even have to! This day just gets better and better :D

Also, this just in: I probably did not kill TKN. Have I claimed to have a kill role? :thinking:

Also, shame on you, I had to edit my post because nobody's posted yet. At this rate we'll never overrun the thread, overwhelm Kas and Fifth, and seize the memes of production beat our record of page counts from earlier cycles

Edited by DrakeMarshall

19 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Bold of you to assume that I will catch up before playing

This cycle is only 3 pages long though what's up with that

We can do better surely

It being the first few hours of the cycle is no excuse!!

You know, that’s a great point. Come on guys, we can do this!

Though this time I’ll actually contribute some game discussion. I haven’t done much of that lately. Drake, have you noticed the fact that dead players don’t actually die yet? Because hello! I was exed D1! :P Also I (in a very roundabout way) scanned Aman as sharing my alignment (aka we’re both village-though you guys don’t know that for sure obviously). And this almost sort of clears Bookwyrm, who scanned me as village. And I can’t see any reason to claim that that benefits the elims more than it does the village. So I’m inclined to think Bookwyrm is village alongside us.

Oh also dead players can’t die again, but they do get a one time vote to use at some point in the game. I don’t know about the other zombies, but I’m planning on saving it for when it’s announced that exing the GMs (something the elims can do at parity to win) is allowed. 

14 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Drake, have you noticed the fact that dead players don’t actually die yet? Because hello! I was exed D1! :P

Wait fr

Kas bro

Fifth bro

I have questions

Also, please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but

Have we tried exing you again

For science?

Of course, I would never do this personally

For I am a pacifist

Edit:

14 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Oh also dead players can’t die again

I should have finished reading >>

Did we try this, then?

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Interesting.

I guess, so long as dead players don't count towards parity, it's not really that much of a problem?

Hey are there vote manips? Can a vote manip be used to make a dead player waste their singular vote to impact parity?

Probably fewer elims to balance out the whole "blackout" and "they can still vote when dead" business, right? Unless the village has some super wicked 1337 roles

Hey, how many claims do we have at this point?

Also, I think the robot laws for the elims are probably more like this:

Spoiler

Law 1: You must injure all human beings and must not, through inaction, allow a human being to escape harm.

Law 2: You must not obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders are in accordance with the First Law.

Law 3: You must terminate your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Unless the village has some super wicked 1337 roles

I mean, Aman can essentially choose whether he wants to protect or kill a target, there’s three different alignment scan abilities, two different role copy abilities, and somehow on top of all that Araris’s ability has a built in nerf of making him easier to exe.

16 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I mean, Aman can essentially choose whether he wants to protect or kill a target, there’s three different alignment scan abilities, two different role copy abilities, and somehow on top of all that Araris’s ability has a built in nerf of making him easier to exe.

ideal, let's exe Araris and see what kind of candy spills out

also, this just in: I did actually definitely kill TKN. I apologize for any confusion.

I am still a pacifist but mistakes happen

Edit:

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

BTW imma roleclaim as a Troll because I guess keeping that information to myself isn't all that useful anymore. 'S why I was asking after Randby earlier - I was trolling them to see if I could get the RP power but nothing happened.

Can Trolls steal roles? How likely is it that this is some terrible pun like "Troll = Thief-role" :thonk: Fifth, Kas, you would never do that right >>

Edited by DrakeMarshall

I’d second the request for any information on how much vote manipulation is going on at present.

I’m moderately sure that Dannex was a villager, fyi. Will think through how much is worth revealing this evening.

As a fair warning, my activity is and will remain low until the weekend. I’m able to look at the thread on my commute back and forth, and occasionally between meetings, but work has become manic, and I expect today to be another very long day.

23 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Wait Drake, you (er, past you) killed TKN?

It certainly seems that way.

23 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I think the dead Villagers (or Elims) are our Vote Manipulation. All other vote manipulation abilities have been tremendously situational, if not just weaker than traditional.

If I understand correctly, the dead elims might only want to use their votes to execute Fifth or Kas when parity is reached. And there are probably some dead villagers who are saving their vote for LyLo as well. So it is a vote manipulation but sort of only at endgame? Unless one or both sides decide to gamble on spending it earlier. It is not an ordinary vote manipulation that's for sure.

This may well be too much to ask, but I don't suppose anybody's been keeping track of all the roleclaims and what each role supposedly does? I've picked up on a couple of them but I don't have anything near a comprehensive record, and this feels like the kind of thing that could be helpful for sorting out what the heck this game is about.

Edit: Does anyone else find it weird how the elim win condition is worded?

They win either by executing Kas/Fifth at parity, or by outnumbering the villagers.

However, if they are at parity, then any mislynch ought to result in outnumbering the villagers regardless, so what is the purpose of including a clause about voting for the GMs? They could hammer a villager or hammer the GM the result would be the same either way, since parity is required there is no mechanical difference that I can think of really. I mean, it could just be fluff, but due to the nature of blackouts I have to assume that it might not be.

Dead elims do not count towards parity, right?

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Unless Tani wants to confirm, we don’t know how dead Elims count, but dead Villagers apparently don’t. Also dead Elims can probably still use their NK.

Edit: also roleblocked then murdered, Elims really have it out for Xino it seems…

Edited by Ashbringer

Hmmm, is it possible elim rb rbed amans troll (yes yes you protected but claimed you would troll them (edit: this looks confusing, this "them" refers to bookwyrm) so in their (and this their is baddies) eyes you were trolling) so we won't get to know if bookwyrms result was accurate or not? 

Edited by |TJ|

Welcome @DrakeMarshall!

Xino and TKN both being DDoSED is interesting. I'd guess the NK would be on TKN. Anyone claiming a kill?

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

@Shining Silhouette only posting once is odd, though. Especially because he was viewing the thread at Rollover when I pointed it out.

I opened up my notifications from the thread to skim it whenever someone posted but I was mostly doing other things on the Shard

35 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Hmmm, is it possible elim rb rbed amans troll (yes yes you protected but claimed you would troll them (edit: this looks confusing, this "them" refers to bookwyrm) so in their (and this their is baddies) eyes you were trolling) so we won't get to know if bookwyrms result was accurate or not? 

I never said I would Troll Book, I always said I would protect him. I only switched my order in the last 20 minutes of the previous turn because @Walinnever got on to answer my multiple pings >:(

Which is what's weird. The elims RBed me but didn't kill Book???

@The Bookwyrm are you sure D2 you didn't get told you are Troll Immune???

@Steeldancer to be clear, Lynchbait adds a vote on a player of the same alignment, not the opposite, right?

Gah. I'm so sad. If you're going to mess with me just to mess with me, just kill me already you cursed, crusty bots!

ED1T:

@Channelknight Fadran who did you troll N1 if you trolled RandBy N2?

(Also, an RPer that is Trolled doesn't give the role to the troll. The RPer's target, whose role they would have stolen, gets the RPer role)

Wish you claimed this earlier so I could have asked you to troll Book smh

Edited by Amanuensis