19 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Ash and Wiz complied nice summaries of what we know, so if you're short on time maybe just go through this night turn thread (Ash's post is on page 1). The only 'soccer' role is Goalkeeper but it's actually got some SE background. 

Okay I'll just claim I guess. I'm a Seeker - the Terminal kind. So I can protect someone if I am Trolled. Luckily I happen to have confirmation of me being Trolled tonight because I did actually receive a PM last cycle despite what I said, from a PM Spider/Troll. I have convinced them to Troll me but didn't tell them my role (well now they'll know) because I don't know if I can trust them. They didn't Troll anybody N1 (evident cuz PM). If my protect fails and kills someone tonight, this player is most likely an elim. I will keep their identity a secret for now so that the elims don't troll them if they're a villager. So, I'll most likely be protecting myself so that if it goes wrong no one else pays the price - fortunately I will still be able to post in the thread and reveal the Troll's identity. If I end up killing myself, I'll use my vote during the day to see if that triggers my flip after the turn ends.

So @The Known Novel probably don't protect me - but also maybe don't confirm that so that the elims' judgement stays clouded by IKYKs.

Did you kill Tani?

ED1T:

@Steeldancer can you please check Tani's role tonight? We should make sure that she's not lying about being an RPer, now that she's apparently claimed elim

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, Tani said:

@_Stick_ I just noticed that yesterday you asked if I was elim.

The answer is yes.

I believe you :ph34r:

On 12/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, Tani said:

Also, if any of you had flat-out asked if I were elim, I would have said yes. Just sayin'. (Yes, I know it's considered rude to throw games. I'm not changing my principles for a game.)

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Did you kill Tani?

ED1T:

@Steeldancer can you please check Tani's role tonight? We should make sure that she's not lying about being an RPer, now that she's apparently claimed elim

Ah right, I did (sorry Tani). Devo is a confirmed villager. This is part of why I was suspecting Mat for that Tani kill comment the other day. 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wait are you a Seeker or a Coinshot or a Lurcher xD

Coinshot AKA Lurcher when Trolled AKA "Seeker that reveals roles/alignments by murder" except just not in this game but still murders

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Um. I’m not the most chatty person, so they should be wary of said message dying off. But I’m in a PM already and neither of us has been banned, so I think that’s a good sign. There’s room for a couple more chairs on my porch :).

Is it safe for scanners, protects, and kills to target you?

ED1T: I suppose in general actions.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Okay, hello there first evil claim of the game.

Do you mind answering if anyone who has died is evil?

I do mind. I decline to answer any further questions about my alignment and teammates.

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

And would you like a PM?

Yes. That sounds fun.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

@Random Bystander (or Devo or Tani), when you copy a player do you learn ALL roles or just one? I.e. did you see Aman was a Goalkeeper in addition to a Troll?

Devo clarified that they would only get one, I think.

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

I do mind. I decline to answer any further questions about my alignment and teammates.

Yes. That sounds fun.

Okay. I'll see if I can send one on an odd night soon, though I already have a backlog of requests.

24 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

That’s a lot of PM Spiders, then… 

@Random Bystander (or Devo or Tani), when you copy a player do you learn ALL roles or just one? I.e. did you see Aman was a Goalkeeper in addition to a Troll?

Devo did indeed clarify they only get one role from hybrids

26 minutes ago, Tani said:

Yes. That sounds fun.

Why admit to us that you're an elim then? Why not attempt to mislead us?

I do want to note that Devo isn't 100% clear. I don't see a world where the Elims NK one of their own N1, but it could happen.  Same with Aman - although from my reading Striker's ability isn't affected by Trolls, so Striker would have to be Evil, and thus Bookwyrm is either Evil or got Trolled N1.

Kinda like the multiverse. Is there a chance that Devo or Aman could be evil? Yeah. Is that chance so infinitesimally small as to be irrelevant? Yeah, probably.

6 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I do want to note that Devo isn't 100% clear. I don't see a world where the Elims NK one of their own N1, but it could happen.  Same with Aman - although from my reading Striker's ability isn't affected by Trolls, so Striker would have to be Evil, and thus Bookwyrm is either Evil or got Trolled N1.

Kinda like the multiverse. Is there a chance that Devo or Aman could be evil? Yeah. Is that chance so infinitesimally small as to be irrelevant? Yeah, probably.

Stick claimed the Tani kill so the only thing that works is a Stick/Tani team

1. Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
3. Steeldancer as Steel
4. Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
6. xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.`
7. JNV as JNV
8. Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. Biplet as Biplet
10. Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
13. The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
16. Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er 
18. |TJ| as mad watcher
21. Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. Sart
24. Shining Silhouette

So plausible elims are in this list? Araris+Sart doesn't make a lot of sense unless Striker is also evil. Sart more likely evil than Araris. I don't see a reason for Tani to lie about being an elim so that makes Randby less likely to be elim as the same role depending on what else the elim have or unless Tani's lying about her role. RPer only gets to borrow one role every other cycle but that would still give them e.g. triple kill if both targeted Stick the night before. We'll see how her trolling goes.

25 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

1. Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
3. Steeldancer as Steel
4. Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
6. xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.`
7. JNV as JNV
8. Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. Biplet as Biplet
10. Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
13. The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
16. Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er 
18. |TJ| as mad watcher
21. Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. Sart
24. Shining Silhouette

So plausible elims are in this list? Araris+Sart doesn't make a lot of sense unless Striker is also evil. Sart more likely evil than Araris. I don't see a reason for Tani to lie about being an elim so that makes Randby less likely to be elim as the same role depending on what else the elim have or unless Tani's lying about her role. RPer only gets to borrow one role every other cycle but that would still give them e.g. triple kill if both targeted Stick the night before. We'll see how her trolling goes.

I don't really see a reason for e!Tani to admit to being elim either. Like, that effectively clears whatever Vig shot her and she should know that. To do this the same cycle that Stick claims N1ing her? I'm surely not the only person wrinkling my brow at this, right?

Anyway, as I glanced over this list, I'm still having trouble finding baddies. In fact, I seem to have too many goodie reads. That's a problem.

I still want more content from @Biplet cause rn she's in a very small PoE for me atm. Otherwise I don't really know where to look rn >>

ED1T:

Also reminder to @Steeldancer, can you peep Tani's body to see if she was really an RPer? We now know she could have been lying about that

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I don't really see a reason for e!Tani to admit to being elim either. Like, that effectively clears whatever Vig shot her and she should know that. To do this the same cycle that Stick claims N1ing her? I'm surely not the only person wrinkling my brow at this, right?

There's no reason for her to claim but I don't see her lying about it either.

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

There's no reason for her to claim but I don't see her lying about it either.

I don't think she's lying either, but I did hope she was at first for a reaction test. But surely the elim team would have told her not to clear her killer by admitting it, right?

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I don't think she's lying either, but I did hope she was at first for a reaction test. But surely the elim team would have told her not to clear her killer by admitting it, right?

Would that be the first thing you'd think of? Or would you just claim and not particularly think about that part of it?

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Would that be the first thing you'd think of? Or would you just claim and not particularly think about that part of it?

I feel like almost every elim that was NK'd by a villager would have that on their mind, yes :P and Tani was dead for a whole 48 hour Day Turn before she admitted being elim.