A couple of things: I’ve re-evaluated again on Stick, I like how she was engaging with Danex toward the end of the cycle.

Also, remember Kas’s chart on Xino’s activity; he’s gone inactive now 5/6 of his elim games. It’s easy to lose track of things in monster threads, but I don’t recall any(?) significant engagement from him so far.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

A couple of things: I’ve re-evaluated again on Stick, I like how she was engaging with Danex toward the end of the cycle.

Also, remember Kas’s chart on Xino’s activity; he’s gone inactive now 5/6 of his elim games. It’s easy to lose track of things in monster threads, but I don’t recall any(?) significant engagement from him so far.

It’s interesting to me that your role has a detrimental effect on yourself. Do you reckon it makes sense with the nature of your active ability(s)?

ED1T:

@_Stick_ Do you want to just admit to Trolling Walin or am I wrong in my role guess for you?

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

Hello players!

Go read the rules. Copy/pasting from your GM PM, any docs you can access, and any other PM is explicitly forbidden in the rules of SE. It is even more important in a blackout format to not share the exact wording of your role. You can summarize (or even lie). But you are not allowed to use direct wording.

Yeah, I went back ard re-read the rules. I think I missed that on my first readthrough of the rules. My bad.

18 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Yeah, I went back ard re-read the rules. I think I missed that on my first readthrough of the rules. My bad.

It’s all good. Your aren’t the first person to make the mistake and certainly won’t be the last.

Fortunately you didn’t post anything alignment related, which is when the real problems happen.

Anyway, Trolls.

1. Every night we can troll a player, reversing the nature of their action.
  2. Roles that can successfully be Trolled know the effect Trolling will have, but players are not told if they are trolled. (I think besides the info roles it should be obvious tho)
  3. Only players with Night abilities are affected by Trolls.
  4. Trolls actively trolling that get trolled instead render another random player immune to Trolling for one cycle
  5. The troll immune player is informed
Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

It’s all good. Your aren’t the first person to make the mistake and certainly won’t be the last.

Fortunately you didn’t post anything alignment related, which is when the real problems happen.

Anyway, Trolls.

1. Every night we can troll a player, reversing the nature of their action.
  2. Roles that can successfully be Trolled know the effect Trolling will have, but players are not told if they are trolled. (I think besides the info roles it should be obvious tho)
  3. Only players with Night abilities are affected by Trolls.
  4. Trolls that get trolled instead render another random play immune to Trolling for one cycle
  5. The troll immune player is informed

I can see why that would be a problem.

Also, I can verify that this is all true.

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

It’s interesting to me that your role has a detrimental effect on yourself. Do you reckon it makes sense with the nature of your active ability(s)?

ED1T:

@_Stick_ Do you want to just admit to Trolling Walin or am I wrong in my role guess for you?

Why would you think I'm a Troll when I wrongly interpreted the troll trolling a trolling troll consequence :P So no, not a Troll. But! I will protect you or Fae or Wizard tonight. Elims, try your NK elsewhere :ph34r: I might not protect anybody, so that E!Troll trolling me doesn't get a free kill. Is this many IKYKs sufficient?

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

@_Stick_ I just noticed that yesterday you asked if I was elim.

The answer is yes.

Honestly I wasn't expecting an answer to that question...

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Why would you think I'm a Troll when I wrongly interpreted the troll trolling a trolling troll consequence :P So no, not a Troll. But! I will protect you or Fae or Wizard tonight. Elims, try your NK elsewhere :ph34r: I might not protect anybody, so that E!Troll trolling me doesn't get a free kill. Is this many IKYKs sufficient?

Honestly I wasn't expecting an answer to that question...

Could be cover :ph34r:

So you’re claiming Goalkeeper or a protect role with different flavor? Do you think TKN is the E!Goalkeeper then? Or do you think 3 Village Lurchers is balanced in this game?

Edited by Amanuensis

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

FYI if Stick is claiming a lurcher role that isn't goalkeeper I just flat-out think that's a lie

Why would there be two differently flavored roles that do the same thing?

I agree, but want to hear her explanation  

The biggest issue is that if there are any Village Protect Roles that have not already claimed, PLEASE don’t follow our example. We need to be aware that an Elim Troll can effectively get a free kill from whoever you protect

ED1T:

@Walin plz tell us ASAP who you Trolled N1

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Could be cover :ph34r:

So you’re claiming Goalkeeper or a protect role with different flavor? Do you think TKN is the E!Goalkeeper then? Or do you think 3 Village Lurchers is balanced in this game?

I was just on a team with 2 lurchers and a thug :P Anything's possible, idk.

4 minutes ago, Tani said:

Why ask then?

I remember you and Aman planning to out you in LG91 in this manner - I thought you'd just ignore the question though. 

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

FYI if Stick is claiming a lurcher role that isn't goalkeeper I just flat-out think that's a lie

Why would there be two differently flavored roles that do the same thing?

I'm lying about some things, but not all things (role-related).

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

I remember you and Aman planning to out you in LG91 in this manner - I thought you'd just ignore the question though. 

So you village read TKN?

10 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

So you village read TKN?

I mean. Yeah...:ph34r: He do be blue on my reads list

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yes, it does make sense, and IMO the other part of the role is quite powerful.

My role is probably more powerful. Malevolent Trolls should troll me 

Edit: Which is to say that they shouldn't

Edited by _Stick_

11 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

My role is probably more powerful.

No, my role is more powerful! :P 

I refuse to make any guesses about the upper ceiling on power level of roles in this game, so I’ll just take your word for it. Honestly, the best part about my role is that it lets me chill on a porch and yell at folks.

32 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

No, my role is more powerful! :P 

I refuse to make any guesses about the upper ceiling on power level of roles in this game, so I’ll just take your word for it. Honestly, the best part about my role is that it lets me chill on a porch and yell at folks.

Should any PM Spiders maybe be wary of sending you a message?

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Um. I’m not the most chatty person, so they should be wary of said message dying off. But I’m in a PM already and neither of us has been banned, so I think that’s a good sign. There’s room for a couple more chairs on my porch :).

Genuinely I have no idea what is going on. I'd have to go read like 15 pages just to find out why Dannex was exed, now Tani has claimed elim, and apparently there actually are soccer roles? I really want to keep up and contribute but this is getting kind of overwhelming, because the amount of content in each day just isn't slowing down at all. I'll try and get caught up tomorrow after I get all my assignments done today, I guess. 

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

She meant RandBy, whoops tags

ED1T:

Okay so just so everyone knows I'm 100% going to protect Bookwyrm tonight since I'm troll immune

@The Known Novel You probably shouldn't target someone tonight with the intent to protect, anticipate getting Trolled by the elims for free kill on a villager otherwise. I am willing to trust your judgment on who you target for now and won't ask but do exercise caution

@Walin do you mind Trolling Bookwyrm tonight so we know that whatever result he gets it a lie

@ Other Village Trolls: please Troll Bookwyrm too in case elim Troll decides to Troll Walin to stop the reverse

My main thought process is to protect someone, who, if they die, I wouldn't mind, but if I don't get Trolled the elims still might attack there. Or Stick. Strongly considering Stick.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

I know your pain, I can't remember if it was the last blackout flipless or a different game altogether, but I made a joke about the vanilla vs roleless distinction, which I later realized was illegal.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

And we still lost...

Just waiting for you to be protect arso, but when you get Trolled everyone dies. Oooo, I kinda like that role idea.

28 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Very covert method of asking if Araris is a vet. :P

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Genuinely I have no idea what is going on. I'd have to go read like 15 pages just to find out why Dannex was exed, now Tani has claimed elim, and apparently there actually are soccer roles? I really want to keep up and contribute but this is getting kind of overwhelming, because the amount of content in each day just isn't slowing down at all. I'll try and get caught up tomorrow after I get all my assignments done today, I guess. 

Only one soccer exists, and it's not actually a soccer.

45 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Um. I’m not the most chatty person, so they should be wary of said message dying off. But I’m in a PM already and neither of us has been banned, so I think that’s a good sign. There’s room for a couple more chairs on my porch :).

Good to know! Would that perhaps be different if a PM Spider probes you for info :ph34r: my secret Spider is looking for a target

21 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I’m very sorry for my part in that and have been actively holding back more to help. Good luck and look forward to your input!

17 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

My main thought process is to protect someone, who, if they die, I wouldn't mind, but if I don't get Trolled the elims still might attack there. Or Stick. Strongly considering Stick.

Very covert method of asking if Araris is a vet. :P

I’d be okay with you protecting Stick.

Also someone gets it!

Also also I’m cool with v!TKN.

Edited by Amanuensis

20 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Ash and Wiz complied nice summaries of what we know, so if you're short on time maybe just go through this night turn thread (Ash's post is on page 1). The only 'soccer' role is Goalkeeper but it's actually got some SE background. 

Okay I'll just claim I guess. I'm a Seeker - the Terminal kind. So I can protect someone if I am Trolled. Luckily I happen to have confirmation of me being Trolled tonight because I did actually receive a PM last cycle despite what I said, from a PM Spider/Troll. I have convinced them to Troll me but didn't tell them my role (well now they'll know) because I don't know if I can trust them. They didn't Troll anybody N1 (evident cuz PM). If my protect fails and kills someone tonight, this player is most likely an elim. I will keep their identity a secret for now so that the elims don't troll them if they're a villager. So, I'll most likely be protecting myself so that if it goes wrong no one else pays the price - fortunately I will still be able to post in the thread and reveal the Troll's identity. If I end up killing myself, I'll use my vote during the day to see if that triggers my flip after the turn ends.

So @The Known Novel probably don't protect me - but also maybe don't confirm that so that the elims' judgement stays clouded by IKYKs.

14 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Ash and Wiz complied nice summaries of what we know, so if you're short on time maybe just go through this night turn thread (Ash's post is on page 1). The only 'soccer' role is Goalkeeper but it's actually got some SE background. 

Okay I'll just claim I guess. I'm a Seeker - the Terminal kind. So I can protect someone if I am Trolled. Luckily I happen to have confirmation of me being Trolled tonight because I did actually receive a PM last cycle despite what I said, from a PM Spider/Troll. I have convinced them to Troll me but didn't tell them my role (well now they'll know) because I don't know if I can trust them. They didn't Troll anybody N1 (evident cuz PM). If my protect fails and kills someone tonight, this player is most likely an elim. I will keep their identity a secret for now so that the elims don't troll them if they're a villager. So, I'll most likely be protecting myself so that if it goes wrong no one else pays the price - fortunately I will still be able to post in the thread and reveal the Troll's identity. If I end up killing myself, I'll use my vote during the day to see if that triggers my flip after the turn ends.

So @The Known Novel probably don't protect me - but also maybe don't confirm that so that the elims' judgement stays clouded by IKYKs.

Noted.

Being called TKN is gonna take some getting used to.