@Walin who’d you Troll and why wasn’t it Aman or Wiz like you indicated? If Aman is right about the whole immunity thing, whoever you targeted might be another Troll. Alternatively, the third Troll may have targeted you

Edit:

I also wonder if it’s worth getting a villager to Troll Bookwyrm. We know their alignment scan will give them the wrong result, but that’ll be a definitive result and will probably be favourable over an uncertain result. Apparently, two Trolls trolling one player results in them still getting Trolled. 

Edited by _Stick_

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Apparently, two Trolls trolling one player results in them still getting Trolled. 

Do we know this? Because it relies a lot on Aman telling the truth which... uh... okay Aman's clear if Bookwyrm's intel is right but we're getting to kinda circular logic.

Having @Walin confirm some of the Trolling rules would help.

There's also possibly someone who can make people immune to trolling... which if that informs the target, great, otherwise aaaaah.

(Also again, piling all our actions on Bookwyrm makes me nervous of Veteran kaboom roles.)

[Going over roles trying to deduce any further possibilities]

Information-Based Roles:

• Pinch Hitter - Learn role of removed player (Trolled: unknown)
  • Analyst - Learn alignment of player you voted for (Trolled: scan comes up false)
  • SE Buddy - Know one villager's true alignment (Trolled: N/A)

Influence-Based Roles:

• Lynchbait - Places vote on one random player of the same alignment who was voting for the Lynchbait by 24-hr mark (Trolled: unknown) 
  • Stab Voter - Vote placed within 24 hours and not moved is doubled (Trolled: unknown)
  • Goalkeeper - Protect a target player (Trolled: protection vote turned to instant kill)
  • Troll - Various effects for each role (Trolled: the Troller's target gains immunity to further trolling)

O t h e r:

• RPer - Copies a selected(?) player's abilities for the next round (Trolled: Troller gains selected abilities instead)
  • PM Spider - Create a single PM with a selected player on odd nights (Trolled: Probably N/A) and learns role/alignment/etc. of a selected player on even nights (Trolled: scan comes up false)
  • Whatever it is that lets you be a zombie...? - I'm still not sure how this one works.

D e d u c t i o n s :

• Pinch Hitter Trolled: Scan comes up false
  • Lynchbait Trolled: Random vote swapped to seperate alignment
  • Stab Voter Trolled: Either vote is simply not doubled, is removed completely, or perhaps increases even  m o r e
  • Possible Rolescan Deterrent: Roles that, upon being scanned, show up a seperate role/alignment
  • Possible Roleswapping: Abilities that swap a player's role/alignment, perhaps just randomly or maybe even with yourself
  • Elim Buddy - The flip of SE Buddy (know an Elim's alignment at the start of game)
  • [Etc.] Buddy - Know a neutral's alignment at the start of game
  • Voten't - Subtracts vote counts from selected player
  • God - What Kasamir must attain with the world's largest philosopher's stone, created by the nationwide transmutation circle which was completed with the final blood seal created by our inevitable civil war.

It doesn't seem like every role can be Trolled. Day action abilities might be immune entirely, and I think Wizard said his PM ability was immune too (as it doesn't technically target). I'm also not entirely sure what happens when an RPer gets Trolled, better to ask one of Devo/Tani/RandBy on that one.

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I also wonder if it’s worth getting a villager to Troll Bookwyrm. We know their alignment scan will give them the wrong result, but that’ll be a definitive result and will probably be favourable over an uncertain result. Apparently, two Trolls trolling one player results in them still getting Trolled. 

oooh, @Amanuensis thoughts? [and with this idea ill stop letting a tiny sliver of doubt about stick]. 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Do we know this? Because it relies a lot on Aman telling the truth which... uh... okay Aman's clear if Bookwyrm's intel is right but we're getting to kinda circular logic.

someone said kas said it just makes them trolled harder and that sounds 100% like kas verbatim. i believe it. all it takes is for one village troll to confirm if it is a lie. 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

There's also possibly someone who can make people immune to trolling... which if that informs the target, great, otherwise aaaaah.

it does, ada got to know he was immune to trolling. 

edit - 

bros. BROS. i just asked kas if it is possible for removed players to submit elim kills and he said yes -.- 

so goodie players if you have some sorta elim kill tracking actions like action scans or target scans, do not ignore your suspected removed players -.- i reckon since the removed baddies cannot do anything else, theyd be the best candidates to submit baddie kills. 

Edited by |TJ|

Just now, |TJ| said:

it does, ada got to know he was immune to trolling. 

Yeah, but how does that work? Ada said it was possible if a Troll hit another Troll, that someone would randomly end up immune to Trolling... is that this? Does it last this cycle or for forever? Because that sounds difficult to utilize. We don't know if someone specifically has the power to make someone immune.

Idk. It could work. But it also locks up our confirmed good Goalkeeper's action, which is annoyingly risky.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Yeah, but how does that work? Ada said it was possible if a Troll hit another Troll, that someone would randomly end up immune to Trolling... is that this? Does it last this cycle or for forever? Because that sounds difficult to utilize. We don't know if someone specifically has the power to make someone immune.

as per my understanding. troll a is trolling troll b. troll b is trolling someone else. if so, a random player is immune to trolling next cycle. 

so what happened is, in n1, some troll trolled another trolling troll. and the random person chosen to get troll immunity was ada. so im assuming he was immune to trolling in n2. [@village troll [@Walin?] if you trolled in n1, you could be the target of a troll or your target could have been a troll, might help if you wanna reveal your target]

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

True, we don’t know if it’s true. Aman should probably confirm later, but I think that if a Troll A is trolled by Troll B while trolling, Troll A’s target gains immunity. That makes more sense.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

someone said kas said it just makes them trolled harder and that sounds 100% like kas verbatim. i believe it. all it takes is for one village troll to confirm if it is a lie. 

[….]

bros. BROS. i just asked kas if it is possible for removed players to submit elim kills and he said yes -.- 

so goodie players if you have some sorta elim kill tracking actions like action scans or target scans, do not ignore your suspected removed players -.- i reckon since the removed baddies cannot do anything else, theyd be the best candidates to submit baddie kills. 

Yeah that was me 

That’s…interesting. I’ve asked the same question in my GM PM to verify this. 

Edit: I wonder if the oranged players using their votes will finally kill them and get us their flip?

Edited by _Stick_

I'm awake and caught up. Interesting stuff

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Okay!

Also, just to clarify the rules with you all:

Bam. That's how trolls work.

One of the most important rules in SE is to not copy GM PMs RandBy. Can you delete the troll quote?

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I never copy pasted from my GM PM; I just summarized in my own words what I could do with my ability.

She meant RandBy, whoops tags

ED1T:

Okay so just so everyone knows I'm 100% going to protect Bookwyrm tonight since I'm troll immune

@The Known Novel You probably shouldn't target someone tonight with the intent to protect, anticipate getting Trolled by the elims for free kill on a villager otherwise. I am willing to trust your judgment on who you target for now and won't ask but do exercise caution

@Walin do you mind Trolling Bookwyrm tonight so we know that whatever result he gets it a lie

@ Other Village Trolls: please Troll Bookwyrm too in case elim Troll decides to Troll Walin to stop the reverse

Edited by Amanuensis
Sorry for misgendering Book!

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
  • Elim Buddy - The flip of SE Buddy (know an Elim's alignment at the start of game)
  •  

...This isn't needed Fadran, all the Elims start knowing who they are :P

Just now, Amanuensis said:

@Walin do you mind Trolling Bookwyrm tonight so we know that whatever result she gets it a lie

Uh, Bookwyrm is male Ada :P

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Does trolling a troll act as a roleblock too? 

The trolled Troll does not successfully troll and instead grants the immunity. I imagine that the reason it's RNG and not just the same target is to keep things spicy.

Edited by Amanuensis

27 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

The trolled Troll does not successfully troll and instead grants the immunity. I imagine that the reason it's RNG and not just the same target is to keep things spicy.

Ah
I have also gotten confirmation that oranged players can still send in elim kills. TJ is probably village for this, as I do not see why an elim would reveal this. 

Spoiler

Ash*

Wiz: PM Spider

Steel: Pinchhitter

Fadran

Striker: Lynchbait/Stab Vote

Xino

JNV

Mat

Bip

Araris*: Porch role (?)

Devo: RPer

Aman: Goalkeeper/Troll

TKN: Goalkeeper

Bookwyrm: Analyst

Tani: RPer

Archer*

Walin: Troll

TJ

Dannex: some alignment scanner derivative 

Orlok

Randby: RPer

Sart

Shining

Fae: PM Spider/PM Buddy

Blue indicates village reads and asterisks indicate weaker reads. @Amanuensis why are you village reading Xino? 

29 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Ah
I have also gotten confirmation that oranged players can still send in elim kills. TJ is probably village for this, as I do not see why an elim would reveal this. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ash*

Wiz: PM Spider

Steel: Pinchhitter

Fadran

Striker: Lynchbait/Stab Vote

Xino

JNV

Mat

Bip

Araris*: Porch role (?)

Devo: RPer

Aman: Goalkeeper/Troll

TKN: Goalkeeper

Bookwyrm: Analyst

Tani: RPer

Archer*

Walin: Troll

TJ

Dannex: some alignment scanner derivative 

Orlok

Randby: RPer

Sart

Shining

Fae: PM Spider/PM Buddy

Blue indicates village reads and asterisks indicate weaker reads. @Amanuensis why are you village reading Xino? 

It's a very light v-read, but based on this back-and-forth N1 when I was trying to get reads out of Xino before I killed him so my vigkill wouldn't be completely useless (see below)

Spoiler

N1 second-to-last page

On 1/29/2023 at 7:32 PM, Amanuensis said:

@xinoehp512 you were active a lot the first day then dropped off. What are your current thoughts about players?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:21 PM, xinoehp512 said:

I don't believe your claim, though unlike Orlok I don't think it's impossible. Because of that, I'm slightly suspicious of TKN, though I admit I'm not sure what he gains from claiming.

Striker's reaction to being dead seems extremely village to me, for what good that does. (And also no elim would deliberately invoke suspicion on themselves like he claims to have done.)

I think I slightly v!read Bookwyrm for not immediately self-pressing when the trains were tied.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:38 PM, Amanuensis said:

If you had to shoot a player tonight, who would you choose?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:39 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Probably an inactive/less active player.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:40 PM, Amanuensis said:

Danex? RandBy? Silho? Any preferences among those three?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:55 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Danex.

(No reason, just instinct).

On 1/29/2023 at 8:59 PM, Amanuensis said:

What do you think of RandBy's role claim?

On 1/29/2023 at 9:11 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Which one was that?

On 1/29/2023 at 9:13 PM, Amanuensis said:

RPer.

Who would you kill if you had to tonight? Thoughts on Xino, Tani, and RandBy?

On 1/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Sounds legit, TBH.

I wouldn't bet the game on it but I would expect e!Xino to be more aware of role claims + his second post about Referee/Orlok, Striker, and Bookwyrm is pretty solid

Edited by Amanuensis

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

It's a very light v-read, but based on this back-and-forth N1 when I was trying to get reads out of Xino before I killed him so my vigkill wouldn't be completely useless (see below)

Reveal hidden contents

N1 second-to-last page

I wouldn't bet the game on it but I would expect e!Xino to be more aware of role claims + his second post about Referee/Orlok, Striker, and Bookwyrm is pretty solid

His first post seems pretty aware of the various role claims - I can see that Randby confusion being deliberate. He also didn’t bother asking what a RPer was. The details weren’t revealed yet, but he wouldn’t know that if he didn’t know of the claim to begin with. Idk.

Hello players!

Go read the rules. Copy/pasting from your GM PM, any docs you can access, and any other PM is explicitly forbidden in the rules of SE. It is even more important in a blackout format to not share the exact wording of your role. You can summarize (or even lie). But you are not allowed to use direct wording.

7 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

His first post seems pretty aware of the various role claims - I can see that Randby confusion being deliberate. He also didn’t bother asking what a RPer was. The details weren’t revealed yet, but he wouldn’t know that if he didn’t know of the claim to begin with. Idk.

Yeah tbh I think that post talking about Me/Orlok, Striker, and Bookwyrm tipped me off that he was more aware of the game than I expected, which led me to asking about RandBy. It did take him ~19 minutes before he said RPer sounds legit for RandBy, which is theoretically enough time to hesitate and get thoughts in the elim doc but idk. YMMV

Edited by Amanuensis