Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Kas and Fifth are only valid vote targets at parity.
  • The wincons are complete. 
  • Flipless implies no roles and no alignments.
  • Survivals, if any, will be written up in the standard way.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
2. @The Wandering Wizard as Emma, twin of Wiz, corruptor of all, avatar of the Kaos.
3. @Steeldancer as Steel
4. @Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
5. @StrikerEZ as Kjell, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break
6. @xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.`
7. @JNV as JNV
8. @Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. @Biplet as Biplet
10. @Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Cecelia, Devona, and Saponin
12. @Amanuensis as Adavantos
13. @The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
14. @The Bookwyrm as Bookwyrm, the SE deprived Sharder who's doing this even though it might be a bad idea.
15. @Tani as Mehelin, a random bystander who isn't Randby.
16. @Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. @Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er 
18. @|TJ| as mad watcher
19. @dannnnnex as Danex
20. @_Stick_ as Lao Tai Tai U_U
21. @Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. @Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. @Sart as Sart
24. @Shining Silhouette as Silho, bootleg King's Wit
25. @The last Fae in the Woods as The last Fae in the Woods

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Why does Araris have two votes and Aman has none? >>

Cracked theory below and everything is pure speculation and at least 25% tunneling:

Sart is evil with Araris and was trying to make it look like there was his one vote on Araris and a second one that came from lynchbait. But it appears to have materialized on Aman. At least, that's what I believe.

Doesn't mean Sart is teamed with Dannex, but possibly with Araris. Unless Araris has something to say about his role messing with it. Who knows anymore.

But I now theorize that Sart has a last minute voter role of that line of flavor. And I think it can double his vote. 

Not entirely useless Striker, just less useless and quite possibly revealed Sart.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

I'd wager an "add one vote" ability is more likely than a non-Stab-Vote vote doubler.

Striker, how does your dead-player-vote work? Could that be this, or do you actually vote in thread?

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I've got an upvote for whoever compiles everyone's roleclaims

Don't know if we can sell things for upvotes, but I'll try and add what we've got to my list.

Wow that sucks. But if Sart added a vote, they knew or should have known it was 1. confusing to Striker's experiment and 2. pointless compared to the 6 votes on Danex. Therefore Sart is evil, game solved 

Edit: or it could be that. Honestly I'm relieved to get that flip, that's good for my peace of mind

I really need to divert some energy towards schoolwork tomorrow so I'm taking the Night off

Edited by Archer

9 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Aaaaaaaaand this is why I didn't want anyone voting on the Lynchbait Three. Now I've got an extra vote on both Aman and Araris, and my action was basically useless. Thanks Sart.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

So, the extra vote on me is because of my role. Which means I'm not confirmed to be on Striker's team.

Thank you for this clarification and enlightening my tunnel!

Still doesn't look good for Sart.

I feel like Sart could have just missed Striker’s request since we didn’t really talk about it more than that one time and Sart’s really just been doing his own thing this whole game

Besides, with Araris’ claim, that confirms Aman as village or teamed with Striker in some crazy fashion, yeah?

... now that's interesting.

Aman has to be Village unless Striker is not, and Striker has to be Village unless Bookwyrm is not (or Bookwyrm got Trolled N1, which for now I will discount).

ALIGNMENTS:

Spoiler
  • Aman - Village - From Striker Lynchbait Scan
  • Striker - Village - From Bookwyrm N1 Scan
  • Wizard - Village - From Fae 'SE Buddy' role

ROLES:

Spoiler
  • Ashbringer - ??? (Well I know, but I'm not saying)
  • Wizard - PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ) 
  • Steeldancer - Pinch Hitter (Learn the Role of a Removed/DDoSed player (does something interesting if Trolled) )
  • Fadran - ??? (Seems concerned about someone who's trying to incite a civil war, thus providing the necessary blood sacrifice to complete the nationwide transmutation circle in order to create a sufficiently powerful philosopher's stone and attain God)
  • Striker - Lynchbait (Will place an Extra Vote on a random player who both had a vote on the Lynchbait at the 24 hour mark of the previous Day turn and is of the same alignment), Stab Voter (If your first vote is placed in the first 24 hours of a Day turn and does not change, it counts as double)
  • xino - ???
  • JNV - ???
  • Matrim's Dice - ???
  • Biplet - ???
  • Araris - ??? (May have something to do with watching trolls from Porches - I remember the Old Guy) (Added vote to self)
  • Devotary - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) )
  • Amanuensis - Goalkeeper (Protect target other player (turned to a Kill if Trolled) ), Troll (may Troll players, gives a random player Troll Immunity next cycle if Trolled... I think)
  • TKN - Goalkeeper (Protect target other player (turned to a Kill if Trolled) )
  • The Bookwyrm - Analyst (Alignment Scan someone you voted for or who voted on you last turn (incorrect alignment if Trolled)
  • Tani - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) )
  • Archer - ???
  • Walin - Troll (may Troll players, gives a random player Troll Immunity next cycle if Trolled... I think)
  • TJ - ???
  • Dannnnnex - ??? (Claimed Alignment scanner but no results)
  • _Stick_ - ??? (Claims a protection role that isn't Goalkeeper)
  • Orlok - ???
  • RandBy - RPer (May copy one of target player's roles to use the next turn (temporarily grants the RPer role to the Troll (or the target?) if Trolled) )
  • Sart - ???
  • Shining - ???
  • Fae - PM Spider (Creates a 1-on-1 PM on Odd Nights and learns a fact about a target on Even Nights (incorrect fact if Trolled) ), SE Buddy (Automatically know one Villager is Village at game start)

Edit:

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I'd wager an "add one vote" ability is more likely than a non-Stab-Vote vote doubler.

Also I'm now immediately rethinking this. Stab Voter being so restricted would make it weird if there was a better ability.

Edited by Ashbringer

Just now, Biplet said:

I'm so sorry, I'm so lost. I promise I'm trying to keep up.  Can someone explain Striker's experiment to me? And how sart's vote ruined it?

Striker claimed the role of Lynchbait, which to cut the story short would put a extra vote on Aman, me or Araris. But only on people of the same allignment as him. Striker was scanned village so this was going to be helpful. Sart voted on Araris and a extra vote materialized on Araris, and a random vote on Aman.

Araris claims that his role added the extra vote to him so that would mean that Aman is village along with Striker, BUT only if Bookwyrm isn't lying or his scan wasn't trolled. Which would have resulted in a lie instead.

27 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Striker, how does your dead-player-vote work? Could that be this, or do you actually vote in thread?

As far as I'm aware, Removed/DDoS'd Players have to vote in thread.

11 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I'm so sorry, I'm so lost. I promise I'm trying to keep up.  Can someone explain Striker's experiment to me? And how sart's vote ruined it?

People have already sort of explained it before me by this point, but it's always good to explain it again. I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

Before I was removed, one of my two roles was Lynchbait. It was a passive ability activated if I was one of the top 3 vote trains at the 24 hour mark of a Day cycle. If activated, one of the voters on me at that time would receive an extra vote on them the next Day cycle. However, it would only affect players who share my alignment. I requested that no one vote on any of Araris, Aman, or Wiz as those were the players who could have been affected by my Lynchbait ability. However, Sart voted on Araris despite this request (and Araris received an extra vote alongside Aman), which has made things murky. I don't really blame him, as he likely didn't even see the request with how many pages of discussion there have been.

22 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

So, the extra vote on me is because of my role. Which means I'm not confirmed to be on Striker's team.

Hmm. That is interesting. I don't think e!Araris would have any incentive to claim this, if the goal was to make Araris look like a villager. This gives me huge v!Araris vibes.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

Crap. I forgot about Striker's claim. Just wanted to get discussion going on someone else, since I wasn't enthused about the Dannex train.

You're good Sart. It seems like it all worked out, because I don't see a world where e!Araris doesn't try to ride the coattails of the extra vote appearing on him as well.

Edited by StrikerEZ
clarified what "it" was in one of my sentences--was referring to my request

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmm. That is interesting. I don't think e!Araris would have any incentive to claim this, if the goal was to make Araris look like a villager. This gives me huge v!Araris vibes.

wait wait. all roles are designed in such a way as to be useful to the user. or at least not directly detrimental to them. why is araris role adding a vote on him? i think hes either lying and the addition is through some other mechanic slash player or the plus one vote is a side effect of his role and not the intended purpose of it.

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

wait wait. all roles are designed in such a way as to be useful to the user. or at least not directly detrimental to them. why is araris role adding a vote on him? i think hes either lying and the addition is through some other mechanic slash player or the plus one vote is a side effect of his role and not the intended purpose of it.

Hmm. Perhaps he was trolled? And so the effect was reversed?

Just now, |TJ| said:

I mean, I'd argue Striker's role can be directly detrimental, depending on how it's used.

Could be a few reasons - add a vote now to take off a vote later? Be easier to exe but actually flip once you do?

Also I'm not clearing Araris for this. Certainly a big plus on V-reading for saying it was his role so quick and essentially clearing Aman, but E-Araris wouldn't get too much benefit from maintaining the confusion.

5 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Yeah, the extra vote thing is a flavorful downside to the main function of the ability.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Hmm. Perhaps he was trolled? And so the effect was reversed?

a. he didnt claim so.
b. trolling is exclusively night action i think.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, the extra vote thing is a flavorful downside to the main function of the ability.

hum. passive ability? whenever you have a vote itll add one vote? or only when you use your ability?

1 hour ago, dannnnnex said:

i am a removed player, my role is void, i will still not be sharing that role just in case anyone else has it, the cat video changed my life. 

that is all.

I’m more interested in why you don’t have any results though. 

Unless Aman and Araris are both elims together, I think I buy the explanations provided. 

27 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I get one extra vote on myself if I get voted on at least once that turn. This part of the role is passive and always present.

Does that one vote have to stay on for the entire turn?