1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

If you'd been online at EoD last cycle, who would you have voted? Do you think Striker is telling the truth about his role(s) being void now?

no clue and probably

we could just exe him again tomorrow and see what happens

but that feels like a waste

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Not sure why I’m arguing my case for not having a role I don’t but here we are xD

this gives me e!mat vibes and idk why

i am historically bad at reading mat though

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'd rather exe someone else and see if they have the exact same experience. I'm tempted to volunteer myself.

that would make more sense yeah.

i don’t think you’d need to volunteer yourself, like, we’re obv gonna exe somebody. volunteering yourself would be rather suspicious actually.

3 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

i don’t think you’d need to volunteer yourself, like, we’re obv gonna exe somebody. volunteering yourself would be rather suspicious actually.

It's more that I love the idea of being a ghost in the thread haunting the living villagers to do their heckin job >:)

ED1T:

Also that I'm Neutral so voting me won't really hurt the village.

But I should probably achieve my win con first :P

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

this isnt a suspicion as im reading you goodie currently, but how are you reading so many players as village? i think i read like only 5 players from your probably plus could be village pile.

Yeah that’s actually something I need to work on as a player. I give out village reads for the smallest reasons. When I’m home and not on mobile I’ll try to lay out these reasons for each player. 

37 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

no clue and probably

Kas has confirmed he can’t die again. 

19 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

this gives me e!mat vibes and idk why

Great now I wanna give you village points for this because that was my exact reaction to reading that post of his. 

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well I will if someone can guess what my second roles is. Like, it’s useless to me now. I didn’t manage to use it, and can’t use it anymore. But I just think it’s fun to make you guys guess. :P

You survived, how did you do this?

Spoiler

giphy.gif.dd334776b825344a49dbbf8312a8e079.gif

You died in purple, do you convert people?

Hmm interesting that you get one vote. You can help stop a hammer at parity!

I get why you want no votes on the three people on you. Curious to see who it lands on.

12 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Striker asking us to just not vote three people tomorrow after Democracy voted him out seems like a hard ask when we most likely will be able to tell who gets the extra vote but whatever I guess

I was thinking that there might be other vote manip out there. If no one votes on those three, then a Soother equivalent couldn't cancel a vote and make it look like no one receives an extra vote. But also it's just a request, and I won't be too upset if you guys decide to ignore it.

8 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Forgive me if this has been disproven by a statement from Kas earlier in the thread, but do we know with any certainty that what’s happened to Striker would happen to any other player removed?

If the first part of his role is (claimed to be) lynch bait, surviving the lynch in some form feels thematically consistent.

To be clear, I had no idea I would survive the exe D1. I have also said everything there is to know about Lynchbait. My second roll (which no one has guessed yet still) has a different name and a different effect. As for if this would happen to anyone else removed, I have no idea. My new role is Removed Player, so I've been assuming this would happen to everyone. But there could be something else that happened to make my removal special. We just don't know.

7 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Nitpicking but: 'Will', not 'might'? Aman should probably not gain any votes as he claims neutral. You've claimed village. But Araris and Wiz could both be elim. 

Yeah, might would probably have been better wording. I'm still not certain that Aman is actually a neutral. And you're right. If none of those three gain an extra vote on D2, then they're all different alignments from me. Which would mean they're all either elim or some other alignment.

6 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@StrikerEZ, what happens if more than one player has the same alignment as you?

Only one of them would get the extra vote.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

@StrikerEZ  if the people who voted for you are a variety of alignments, will the vote for sure be added? Or if someone of the opposite alignment is rolled first, might it not be added.

As long as at least one of them is my same alignment, the vote will for sure be added.

Interestingly, SE rarely has roles that simply add one vote. Normally they remove a vote or visibly move a vote. But Striker has claimed that the Zombie role can add a vote once per game, which would allow them to fake the results of Lynchbait. 

My one vote for the game is public.

Can you receive PMs? 

Maybe? Idk

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

watcher was assuming (plus striker implied me thinks) that zombie mechanism is separate from lynchbait mechanism. that add one vote next cycle thingamajig wouldve happened even if striker wasnt removed.

Yeah, Lynchbait would've happened regardless of if I was exed.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

@StrikerEZ, are there any actions you can still use while dealive?

As far as I'm aware, I can only do my one-time vote from here on out. So basically I'm just vibing. And waiting to see my Lynchbait ability activate D2.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You survived, how did you do this?

As I've said before, I have no idea why I survived. To me, from the flavor text for my role, it sounds like it might be something that happens to every removed player. But it could also be that something special happened to me and not every removed player will also become a Removed Player. Though Kas did specify that I keep my original alignment. So maybe there's the chance that it could happen multiple times, to players of different alignments.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I get why you want no votes on the three people on you. Curious to see who it lands on.

I appreciate your understanding on this point! I also do understand if other people don't honor the request. Hopefully any other potential vote manip people (regardless of alignment) don't try to fudge the results. That would be sad. :P

17 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

*hacker voice* I’m in.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Guess that explains why the game is flipless.

17 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I thought you were using Rollovet for something else >>

What is this Rollovet of which you speak?

16 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Nope. Which is part of why I was so confused by your claimed role. Because I had two, neither of which were football-related. The one I’ve revealed so far was called “Lynchbait.” :P

Also it doesn’t really matter if I reveal the second one, considering I can no longer use it. But I’m not gonna reveal it yet because I want to see you guys take a stab at guessing it. :P

Is it a Disciple role? I remember there were a few of those in the other SE themed game.

10 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Forgive me if this has been disproven by a statement from Kas earlier in the thread, but do we know with any certainty that what’s happened to Striker would happen to any other player removed?

If the first part of his role is (claimed to be) lynch bait, surviving the lynch in some form feels thematically consistent.

If this is a one off event, my guess is that it's specifically for the person that gets removed D1.

I think it will apply to all exed players though.

4 hours ago, dannnnnex said:

no clue and probably

We could have someone drop a vote on Striker to see if it appears in the final result.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

What is this Rollovet of which you speak?

24-hour-mark of a 48-hour Day turn. From LG91 where I almost accidentally ended the Day 24 hours early... and misspelled Rollover as Rollovet :P

Kas liked that idea. @_Stick_, I was more thinking it would show up in a different game because I got the sense Kas would use it for something, but generally the idea of marking who was in the lead of the exe at that point. On an extreme end, a kind of Ultimate Preservation where that player gets exed regardless of what happens after, but Surprise Ultimate Preservation would be a bit much. Surprise Endowment, though... :eyes:

I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with me but my reads are doing acrobatics apparently. Here's the newest list:

Probably village: Fadran, Fae, Randby, Wiz

Fadran: all those suggestions of everyone being evil, everyone being village and whatnot. They're village.

Fae: Unless they've mastered the art of playing the confused newbie bit, they aren't elim.

Randby: The spontaneity of their claim. Unless paired with Archer, they're village. I'm reading Archer village though.

Wiz: He seems similar to the AG - genuine attempts at solving the game and noticeable investment.  

Could be village: Sart, TKN, Archer, Walin, Araris, Shining, Steel, Ash

Sart: His Aman vote is enough for me to assign him a mildly positive read.

TKN: This one I'm less sure of. I initially read him mild village because I felt his contributions were good and that him offering the information of him being vanilla was a good indication, but we've since uncovered that he isn't actually vanilla. I asked him why he claimed it in the first place and I was expecting the answer somewhere along the lines of 'wanted to divert the NK' but I don't believe I got a response so...Overall he's still kinda village. Kinda.

Archer: Seems a lot more laid back as compared to the AG. Probably a good sign. He's been willing to reconsider reads which I'm not getting a bad vibe off.

Walin: Brining unnecessary attention to himself with the whole conditionals thing, and then putting himself under deeper scrutiny by claiming Troll or something closely related to it. Could still be elim as I'm not too familiar with Walin's elim meta but for now it's a village read for me.

Araris: I wanna say it's the early role-claim? But also I can kind of see E!Araris going into this game like 'imma role claim immediately' after what went down in the AG. I do like this post from last turn. I definitely need to revisit this read at some point but content with very very mild village for now.

Shining: Mostly just the elim game comparison I did. I think they're the kind of player that puts a lot more visible effort in posts as elim.

Ash: Had a bad gut read initially but I've come to realise he just sounds a lot like LG83!Ash. I like the effort put into the reads collection post from last turn. 

[EDIT: I forgot Steel. It's literally just that roleclaim. Surely a teammate would have warned E!Steel of the dangers associated with claiming a role related to dead players in a blackout flipless game.]

Idk: Devo, Orlok, Bip, Bookwyrm
Could be elim : JNV, TJ, xino, Tani, Dannex, Mat

Okay my issue with Mat is that I cannot for the life of me remember why I thought he was village (did I get pocketed there for a minute? idk). This post from last turn, for example, gives me strong LG90!Mat flashbacks from where he was just increasingly hesitant with his vote as the EoDs got closer and didn't want to touch any ties - essentially he seemed to want to stay free of any accountability while also actively contributing to the thread discussions surrounding the exe. Then there's the post from today that Danex highlighted - it reads sort of overly self aware and defensive in an E!Mat way. This isn't a strong read (notice how I don't have a 'Probably elim' or 'elim' tier), and I don't really want to kill Mat off early in the game again since I think I did that in MR56 and the AG. And LG91. Granted I was elim in all those games so I had agenda, but I still have a conscience :P. He isn't paired with Dannex at the very least.

@Amanuensis My TJ read is probably the most paranoia-fueled, and also the weakest. It mostly came out of the fact that he'd been sitting in my null pile for a while despite being one of the more frequent posters, and I realised it's sus that I don't have an opinion on him (this is where the paranoia comes in because it's only N1 and it's okay to not have an opinion yet but >> He's got the most posts out of everyone in the idk tier). His Fadran vote didn't really sit right with me in that it felt just a little bit opportunistic. Also his comment about E!Striker being more defensive from EoD seems a bit like an elim setting themself up for village cred if Striker's alignment ever came to light, assuming Striker is village. Also I may or may not have been reading LG83...

24 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Kas liked that idea. @_Stick_, I was more thinking it would show up in a different game because I got the sense Kas would use it for something, but generally the idea of marking who was in the lead of the exe at that point. On an extreme end, a kind of Ultimate Preservation where that player gets exed regardless of what happens after, but Surprise Ultimate Preservation would be a bit much. Surprise Endowment, though... :eyes:

Ahh xD

Edited by _Stick_
missed a word

34 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I was more thinking it would show up in a different game because I got the sense Kas would use it for something, but generally the idea of marking who was in the lead of the exe at that point.

Might've been because that idea ran by quite a few players during the AG, and Hael, Drake, and I were collectively coming up with a Phoenix Wright type game where the player in the lead for the exe at Rollovet can demand a trial by jury. I think I might've asked you for thoughts as well.

But no, that jury mechanic is not in this game.

Question. Who does everyone want to vote tomorrow?

Also one last request before rollover: if a Troll could Troll me tonight, I’ll owe you a debt. I want to use my Yellow Card on a potential World Cupper in case the elims decide I’m worth killing early.

Edited by Amanuensis

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Might've been because that idea ran by quite a few players during the AG, and Hael, Drake, and I were collectively coming up with a Phoenix Wright type game where the player in the lead for the exe at Rollovet can demand a trial by jury. I think I might've asked you for thoughts as well.

But no, that jury mechanic is not in this game.

That does fit a bit better with what you messaged me... but you still used it for Lynchbait here :P

15 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Not necessarily confirmed villagers :ph34r: In a flipless landscape why not just kill one of your own. But it’s only really useful if they get to stay in the thread, which I’d probably bet against. 

14 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Yeah, I do think that possibility would open up a unique WGG opportunit

Indeed, the legendary Dead Gazelle Gambit.

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Question. Who does everyone want to vote tomorrow?

An elim! :ph34r: 

(Will probably start with pressure on Tani/JNV, I think)

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Also one last request before rollover: if a Troll could Troll me tonight, I’ll owe you a debt.

Is owing a debt like a role thing? Asking because it's bolded

33 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

This post from last turn, for example, gives me strong LG90!Mat flashbacks from where he was just increasingly hesitant with his vote as the EoDs got closer and didn't want to touch any ties - essentially he seemed to want to stay free of any accountability while also actively contributing to the thread discussions surrounding the exe.

Okay but e!me could bulldoze all he wants since flipless means zero accountability anyway :P e!me is a lot more frozen than I was last turn, as far as voting goes— sure, I got to a point of gridlock but I bounced around like half the player list beforehand :P. When evil I prefer to fabricate a reason and stick to it, especially if it’s a side train. It’s a different situation in multiple ways here.

I did think it was interesting that you v!read me so immediately, but tbh from my perspective this swap is equally as interesting. I think I still read you as village since I normally can ID you early (hi Toucan) but your read of me in particular and, like TJ said, the sheer number of reads you have both are things that don’t really have the thought processes documented to back them up, if that makes sense.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Typos galore

Oh. Topic for discussion.

Do we think It would be a good idea to encourage another Lynchbait to claim, if they are willing, to verify Striker’s claim? It sounds like a role that could reoccur without unbalancing the game, and I’m slightly wary of this being an elim trick. Striker’s surprise did seem genuine, but it might be worth confirming.

Thoughts?

Edited by Amanuensis