Frustration's Firepower Index: Dustbringers

Frustration

Welcome to Frustration's Firepower Index, a collection of threads where I rank the combat capabilities of Cosmere worlds, and Magic systems. This thread will be focused on the Dustbringers.

Preparation: Be a warform singer and fifth ideal Dustrbinger, with a dozen second oath warform singer squires. Each squire is to have an aluminum halberds, or aluminum tipped arrows with a bow. Along with a bag of truthberry wood, and several pouches of spheres. Additionally they are to have various fabrials, such as painrails, blood attractors, and other weapons, such as shadbows(if for nothing else than for the dustbringer to use) The Dustbringer will also need multiple pouches of gemstones, and a bag fill of truthberry wood.

Offenses: Shardplate grants increadible strength, adding to Warforms already impressive physical might. Shardblades can cut through almost anything, and can form any needed weapon or tool. Shardbows can fire increadibly high powered projectiles, painrails can incapacitate opponents, and blood attractors can pull the blood out of opponents. Additionally the aluminum weapons can bypass several forms of invested defenses. Division can break down just about any material, and can release truthberry smoke from the wood, which will impair the mind of the Dustbringer's opponent if they inhale it.

Deffenses: Shardplate protects the wearer, giving them increadible durability, and resistance to most forms of damage. Additionally with Abrasion and Division they can cause their opponents weapons to slide off of them, or burn up on contact. Additionally with Stormlight they can heal from most forms of damage

Mobility: With Abrasion Dustbringers can continuously increase in speed, without reguard for air resistance. And with division and shardblades they can burn and cut their way through most physical barriers.

Stealth: Plate can be commanded to hide its glow, and spren can investigate places invisibly, but when using their powers they are highly visible.

Awareness: Spren can search places invisibly while also overhearing conversations

Extra abilities: With Division they can shape the ground to some extent, creating barriers, or pits to limit their opponent's mobility.

As always what do you think? Did I miss anything? And what should I work on next?

4 minutes ago, lacrossedeamon said:

Do we know how many squires one Dustbringer can support? A dozen sounds more like a Windrunner thing, I assume the other Orders get less per Knight.

The purelake vision Dalinar has shows a single Dustringer(you can tell because their armor glows red) and a dozen squires.

I too was surprised that they had that many.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

The purelake vision Dalinar has shows a single Dustringer(you can tell because their armor glows red) and a dozen squires.

I too was surprised that they had that many.

Could be single Dustbringer with squires from a few others who are within 50 miles but as it stands that compelling evidence for 12 squires to a single Knight

5 hours ago, Frustration said:

Extra abilities: With Division they can shape the ground to some extent, creating barriers, or pits to limit their opponent's mobility.

Adding onto this point - I think the ability to reshape the battlefield via division is very important against most opponents. With the exception of Skybreakers, Windrunners, the Heavenly Ones, and Coinshots (possibly Lurchers, depending on environment), most enemies are limited to the ground (though Elsecallers, Willshapers, and the Husked Ones also can teleport). Being able to keep enemies away from you whilst picking them off from range (e.g. with a Shardbow) is a fairly strong strategy, and having Abrasion to escape from other enemies who manage to get past the pits/uneven terrain makes it even stronger.

17 minutes ago, IlstrawberrySeed said:

You are allowing oaths for squires? I thought squires was a term for 0th oath squires.

An individual is a squire up until they have a spren of their own, which means they can(and more often then not are) squires until they say the tied ideal.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

An individual is a squire up until they have a spren of their own, which means they can(and more often then not are) squires until they say the tied ideal.

I thought you got a spren as part of your second or first oath, not third? Source on squires not usually graduating to their own spren until the third ideal?

Edited by SteelBagel

10 minutes ago, SteelBagel said:

I thought you got a spren as part of your second or first oath, not third? Source on squires not usually graduating to their own spren until the third ideal?

A Radiant becomes a knight after swearing 3rd Ideal, like Kaladin, which allows him to have squires. Squires attract sprens when they are on 1 and 2 Ideal but up until they swore 3rd Ideal they are still a squire. So while they do form bonds with sprens before 3rd Ideal, they can't swear it without a spren. Szeth became a squire of Ki after swearing 2nd Ideal but he already attracted a spren. He went alone with Nale to Thaylen, so I think his spren already gave him surges, but he was still technically a squire. From coppermind about Windrunner's  squires:  "The modern Windrunners consider those of the Second Ideal to be more than a squire, but not a full Windrunner." - RoW ch 12

16 minutes ago, SteelBagel said:

Szeth didn't get his spren until his third, which was considered normal for them.

I suppose normal for all orders is a bit of a stretch, but it is possible to do.