I am suffering from severe DM withdrawal. Now this is my first time hosting 3.5E, I would be overjoyed if I get a few players. Please send questions if you want to know anything. The campaign will be hosted at a slow pace here, by that I mean join in whenever you want but try to not cover several sessions worth of content in a few days.

Level 1 characters.

Preferred: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/File:Interactive_DnD_3.5_Character_Sheet_(1).pdf (You have to download the file, you can't change this one as is.)

SRD: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:System_Reference_Document

World map (Azgaar's Generator): Talamh.map

Fadran - Samarin an elven sorcerer with a tabby cat called Ghost

Random Bystander - Shale an Air Genasi rogue 

The Known Novel - Thyrvor a Dwarfish Barbarian

The Great Snail - Iris a Halfling Rogue 

Edited by The last Fae in the Woods

16 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

D&D?

Count me in!!!

Side note: I started DMing my first campaign (for 5e), and am a bit stressed out. Do you have any tips you can share? I want to make the campaign as fun for my players as possible.

I got   m a n y   tips from my   m a n y   years of experience. Feel free to PM me anytime.

16 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

D&D?

Count me in!!!

Side note: I started DMing my first campaign (for 5e), and am a bit stressed out. Do you have any tips you can share? I want to make the campaign as fun for my players as possible.

I actually started playing 5e as a DM my first ever TTRPG experience, trust me it will turn out okay. Advice: Get I light plan, not full just, shape the most likely paths, plan weak and satisfying encounters (cliche goblins and kobolds are good starting) with an ambush to set players off, try to show them where they will go.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

4d6 drop one. 'S what I've always done

Okay that is what I thought, in most campaigns I play in I risk everything with 3d6, my DM is concerned.

Also what race and class? I prefer the base list (Mundane I think)

5 minutes ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

I actually started playing 5e as a DM my first ever TTRPG experience, trust me it will turn out okay. Advice: Get I light plan, not full just, shape the most likely paths, plan weak and satisfying encounters (cliche goblins and kobolds are good starting) with an ambush to set players off, try to show them where they will go.

Okay. I can do that. I am excellent at improv. 

Just now, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Be careful toying around with things that can hurt players. I told the party I was going to kill them, this one shot was for testing creatures, kills a short army, kills the hell hounds, full heals, gets locked in with roper, the players have yet to forgive me.

Wow.

That's... Just wow.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Wow.

That's... Just wow.

Be careful with rest spots in dungeons, don't lock them in, just make them know they risk themselves if they want to leave the dungeon without completing most of it (More than 1 exit), give them rare safe places, make sure they know there are patrolling monsters in the dungeon that will leave them with a few wounds and taking them all out will be hard. Give the players a bit of time limit in the dungeon so they take a few risks.

2 minutes ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Be careful with rest spots in dungeons, don't lock them in, just make them know they risk themselves if they want to leave the dungeon without completing most of it (More than 1 exit), give them rare safe places, make sure they know there are patrolling monsters in the dungeon that will leave them with a few wounds and taking them all out will be hard. Give the players a bit of time limit in the dungeon so they take a few risks.

Okay! That seems doable!

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

So first thing I notice: no subclasses.

Wait, really? That's interesting.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh yeesh. So that wasn't just a 4e thing?

Looks like instead there're more feats than usual.

Feats are much more commonly used beyond ability score increases. They almost take the place of class abilities.