Today I actually have some finished art!

I'm almost finished with Alloy of Law, so I drew Marasi! I'm pretty happy with how it looks, but I did use a reference so that's probably why.

(Also how on earth do you pronounce Marasi? I thought it was like Maras-aye, but then my friend said it like Maras-ee, so now I have no idea)

Spoiler

marasi-foxed.thumb.jpg.8ca5d8665276537107f719bcf918bd8c.jpg

Here's the reference I used (I found it on Pinterest, and it gave no information so I have no idea what its from/ who it is)

Spoiler

641e4f3e0b587_mref.jpg.cac7e38e8b61a5af504cc39b1f9ce893.jpg

I should also say I have 0 knowledge about guns, so it might be the wrong kind/ time period for her . . .

Edited by Justice_Magician

42 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Today I actually have some finished art!

I'm almost finished with Alloy of Law, so I drew Marasi! I'm pretty happy with how it looks, but I did use a reference so that's probably why.

(Also how on earth do you pronounce Marasi? I thought it was like Maras-aye, but then my friend said it like Maras-ee, so now I have no idea)

Reveal hidden contents

Here's the reference I used (I found it on Pinterest, and it gave no information so I have no idea what its from/ who it is)

Reveal hidden contents

641e4f3e0b587_mref.jpg.cac7e38e8b61a5af504cc39b1f9ce893.jpg

I should also say I have 0 knowledge about guns, so it might be the wrong kind/ time period for her . . .

AAAHHH IT LOOKS SO GoOD!

I think that's the right time period. Might even be a bit too early :P

On 3/24/2023 at 9:36 PM, Justice_Magician said:

Reveal hidden contents

So prettyyyyyyyyyyyyy :O Marasi's my favorite W&W character (maybe after Rannette, idk.) 

On 3/24/2023 at 9:36 PM, Justice_Magician said:

(Also how on earth do you pronounce Marasi? I thought it was like Maras-aye, but then my friend said it like Maras-ee, so now I have no idea.)

Audiobook dude said "Maras-ee", but i think you can pronounce it how you want. That's the fun about fictional characters, they're not going to jump out of the pages/screen/podcast player/other type of media and scream "YOU'RE PRONOUNCING MY NAME WRONG!!!"

On 3/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

AAAHHH IT LOOKS SO GoOD!

I think that's the right time period. Might even be a bit too early :P

On 3/25/2023 at 8:21 AM, Aes Sedai said:

That’s awesome!! 

I’ve always said it Maras-ee, but do what you want :D

Thank you!! you're all so kind :D

43 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

So prettyyyyyyyyyyyyy :o Marasi's my favorite W&W character (maybe after Rannette, idk.) 

Audiobook dude said "Maras-ee", but i think you can pronounce it how you want. That's the fun about fictional characters, they're not going to jump out of the pages/screen/podcast player/other type of media and scream "YOU'RE PRONOUNCING MY NAME WRONG!!!"

lol that is true, and I think even if Marasi could pop out of my book, she would be extremely polite about it :P

This is just some random OC art I did.

Recently I've been having a hard time figuring out what clothing/ gear to give my characters when I draw them, so I decided to sit down and do some concept sketch things. This is definitely not supposed to be their finished designs or anything, I just kind of wanted to sketch out my current idea of what I want them to look like so I can refine it from there. I'm fairly happy with these as a place to start, but there's a lot I want to change (especially with the one on the far left)

Spoiler

642788d101345_keahcandellicodisigns.thumb.jpg.995214abacb85c82ab0262f11d4fa563.jpg

I know some people have put writing/ worldbuilding sort of stuff here in the creators corner, and I think that would be fun to try . . . especially with the world these characters are in. But I have no idea if that will really happen because I've been busy lately and I've never really shared my worldbuilding with others, so it might not be very good ^^; 

For now here's a not very brief Intro to these three so the designs make a bit of sense.

Spoiler

Left: Candel left home for 2 reasons. He worries about everything, and he thought that a few adventures might help him handle his nervousness better. He might even make some friends, something he hasn't managed to do yet (his parents are sweethearts but he'd like to expand his social circle a bit farther than that). The other reason is more complicated. Candel is one of the few people who know how to fight the monstrous demons that plague the land. He feels obligated, as anyone might, to protect as many people as he can. So, he grabbed his mothers old sword, strapped on his heavy duty prosthetic arm (when he was a kid, it was fun to pretend he lost it fighting monsters, but in truth he was born without it), and left home.

Middle: Near the beginning of his journey, Candel runs into Lico. Due to an embarrassing blunder, Candel is responsible for accidently destroying one of Lico's precious baskets of rice. Lico, who is both a goblin and a business man, insisted that Candel pay for it. Unfortunately, he wasn't carrying nearly enough money with him, and promised Lico he would pay him back as soon as he could. So as any sensible business man would, Lico insisted on coming along to make certain Candel wasn't lying. Lico is a no-nonsense rice merchant. Don't let his small size deceive you, he's strong enough to carry a basket of rice bigger then him, and he's probably got a dagger or too hidden somewhere. However despite his best efforts to hide it, the little goblin has a heart of gold. He'll warm up to Candel eventually.

Right: Keah is the last edition to the group. After a close call with a demon, Candel realizes they're going to need a healer (and Lico starts to wonder if all this is really worth just one basket of rice). So, they hire the first one they find in the next town they come to. Keah is optimistic and friendly, but most importantly very good at healing magic. Keah trained at a hospital to the east (which I don't have a for name for yet) and he wears its crest on his uniform proudly. When asked about his past, he says he was once a soldier. Upon deciding war wasn't for him, he left to study medicine instead. These days using weapons makes him uncomfortable. Despite this he still carries an old sword with him, no one has ever seen him draw it though. (you've probably noticed that Keah is also a non-human fantasy race, but I'm not quite done developing it and what I do have is hard to explain, so for now, think of him as a half elf).

Sorry if my writing is kinda janky, its late where I am, and English is h a r d.

Aaaanyway, that's probably enough droning on for now :P

38 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

Recently I've been having a hard time figuring out what clothing/ gear to give my characters when I draw them, so I decided to sit down and do some concept sketch things. This is definitely not supposed to be their finished designs or anything, I just kind of wanted to sketch out my current idea of what I want them to look like so I can refine it from there. I'm fairly happy with these as a place to start, but there's a lot I want to change (especially with the one on the far left)

Reveal hidden contents

642788d101345_keahcandellicodisigns.thumb.jpg.995214abacb85c82ab0262f11d4fa563.jpg

I know some people have put writing/ worldbuilding sort of stuff here in the creators corner, and I think that would be fun to try . . . especially with the world these characters are in. But I have no idea if that will really happen because I've been busy lately and I've never really shared my worldbuilding with others, so it might not be very good ^^; 

For now here's a not very brief Intro to these three so the designs make a bit of sense.

Reveal hidden contents

Left: Candel left home for 2 reasons. He worries about everything, and he thought that a few adventures might help him handle his nervousness better. He might even make some friends, something he hasn't managed to do yet (his parents are sweethearts but he'd like to expand his social circle a bit farther than that). The other reason is more complicated. Candel is one of the few people who know how to fight the monstrous demons that plague the land. He feels obligated, as anyone might, to protect as many people as he can. So, he grabbed his mothers old sword, strapped on his heavy duty prosthetic arm (when he was a kid, it was fun to pretend he lost it fighting monsters, but in truth he was born without it), and left home.

Middle: Near the beginning of his journey, Candel runs into Lico. Due to an embarrassing blunder, Candel is responsible for accidently destroying one of Lico's precious baskets of rice. Lico, who is both a goblin and a business man, insisted that Candel pay for it. Unfortunately, he wasn't carrying nearly enough money with him, and promised Lico he would pay him back as soon as he could. So as any sensible business man would, Lico insisted on coming along to make certain Candel wasn't lying. Lico is a no-nonsense rice merchant. Don't let his small size deceive you, he's strong enough to carry a basket of rice bigger then him, and he's probably got a dagger or too hidden somewhere. However despite his best efforts to hide it, the little goblin has a heart of gold. He'll warm up to Candel eventually.

Right: Keah is the last edition to the group. After a close call with a demon, Candel realizes they're going to need a healer (and Lico starts to wonder if all this is really worth just one basket of rice). So, they hire the first one they find in the next town they come to. Keah is optimistic and friendly, but most importantly very good at healing magic. Keah trained at a hospital to the east (which I don't have a for name for yet) and he wears its crest on his uniform proudly. When asked about his past, he says he was once a soldier. Upon deciding war wasn't for him, he left to study medicine instead. These days using weapons makes him uncomfortable. Despite this he still carries an old sword with him, no one has ever seen him draw it though. (you've probably noticed that Keah is also a non-human fantasy race, but I'm not quite done developing it and what I do have is hard to explain, so for now, think of him as a half elf).

Sorry if my writing is kinda janky, its late where I am, and English is h a r d.

Yaaassss! I love this so much ahhhhh

My favourite is the l'il rice merchant boi! He looks so grumpy I love it :P 

4 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Ooooooooh I love it! Candel sounds like my kind of guy and I think you could go in veeery interesting direction with Keah *beard stroke* hmmm.

Edited by Cinnamon
Lol Candel not Candle

On 3/31/2023 at 6:27 PM, Justice_Magician said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I love these so much! If you ever write a story in this world, I'd love to read it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 9:07 PM, Telrao said:

Yaaassss! I love this so much ahhhhh

My favourite is the l'il rice merchant boi! He looks so grumpy I love it :P 

Thank you!! 

On 4/1/2023 at 1:06 AM, Cinnamon said:

Ooooooooh I love it! Candel sounds like my kind of guy and I think you could go in veeery interesting direction with Keah *beard stroke* hmmm.

Hehe thanks, there is definitely some interesting backstory there trust me ^^

On 4/3/2023 at 2:43 PM, Wittles of Shinovar said:

I love these so much! If you ever write a story in this world, I'd love to read it!

Thank you! I have no idea how much I'll write or if I will at all. But writing is something I've wanted to get more into, so I guess we'll see where I choose to go with it. (there is also the fact that this will be a part of an extended world in my head, and I'm not sure if this story is the best way to introduce that universe, so um yeah I guess I'm still figuring stuff out ^_^)

So today I'm gonna share some more traditional art because digital art is really freaking hard, and I'm really tired :D

I'm also trying to get myself to do more loose sketching, because I'm doing a lot of big pieces for school right now and I don't want to over work my one creative braincell.

Spoiler

643f10a131551_Arieatimgapopcycle.jpg.05b29a436bf7827c5c2e831bc180c86d.jpg

This is a doodle of one of my characters (same world as Candel but much later in the timeline). Upon uploading this I realized that I forgot some key elements of her character design, but you know what, that's fine. She really likes frilly dresses, but she's not the most ladylike person so I was having fun with that in this drawing ^^

Sometimes you just gotta eat a popsicle, y'know?

Spoiler

643f12e46e256_augiedancingoi.jpg.74c90c92a209fe689307b45634bbd81d.jpg

This is a very quick, very messy sketch. I realize its sort of hard on the eyes because of the marker bleed through from the other side of the page, but hopefully its clear enough. I did this straight with pen so its sort of wonky but I really like it for some reason. This is another character from that same world can you tell I only draw one thing I won't try to explain how he fits into the story, its too complicated for today ^^;

Also yes, those are fruit stickers in the corner, I just think they're fun so I stick them in random places in my sketchbook. Is that weird?

Spoiler

643f15686e45f_avacodogirllol.jpg.8b58b59af28c0b1fcc0810fba172a7c8.jpg

Speaking of fruit stickers, here's a random thing I did. My mom gave me this sticker that was actually from an avocado because she thought it looked cool (and I as stated before I like to put them in my sketchbook), so I thought it would be fun to make like, a character based on it. So yeah, its an avocado girl. I wanted to incorporate the number, so I gave her a jersey (I randomly decided she runs track), but it doesn't really look like a jersey and the number is probably too long but its fine. 

also sorry about the weird lighting in all of them, I couldn't take the pictures outside because its raining ^^;

Spoiler

643f175a121c6_portriatgreen.jpg.ae98f460a53530b33552af2da0fa60b7.jpg

Here's a portrait study I did, not much to say about it. Its kinda wonky, but I like it. It was really interesting to work on because I figured out how to layer my markers like they were paint.

Spoiler

643f17e35308b_portratref.jpg.2c61601f2398fe2d93bb6ad7ae9a74ac.jpg

And here's the reference I used for that. Like I said, mine is a bit wonky and the colors are off. I also don't think I got the perspective/ scrunch on the face right, but I learned a lot from it, and that's the point right?

(also, once again Pinterest won't tell me who this is, I would say if I knew).

Woah this post is really long I didn't mean to ramble so much, sorry about that.

GORGEOUS as usual :D

I rly rly rly rly like the one where the marker bleeds through, the drawing itself is amazing (BIG HAT!! THEY HAVE A BIG HAT :0) and the marker bleed is so cool!!

Also do you mind if i uh copy you a lil bit and make a fruit sticker girl? That's totally adorable.

On 4/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

GORGEOUS as usual :D

I rly rly rly rly like the one where the marker bleeds through, the drawing itself is amazing (BIG HAT!! THEY HAVE A BIG HAT :0) and the marker bleed is so cool!!

Also do you mind if i uh copy you a lil bit and make a fruit sticker girl? That's totally adorable.

Yes you totally can! It's by no means an original concept so go ahead! (I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks fruit stickers are cool lol)

Also, thank you everyone for being so insanely nice. It really makes my day to read your replies :D

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

I’m sorry I gave you like 50 different notifications, but I literally just logged on for the first time in a month or so lollll. All of these are absolutely beautiful!!

SYN's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thursday to everyone, even if its not Thursday where you are.

So, I thought I would share this painting I did in my art class. I took a picture of it because I might not be able to keep the physical version. My teacher is going to try to submit it to a local art auction for high school level art. My teacher isn't sure if he can get it submitted in time, but I'm honored that he would choose one of my paintings. Even if it doesn't get into the auction or if it doesn't do well in the auction, it's a huge compliment to even be given the opportunity, you know?

I think it's a tad wonky as a whole, but considering it's one of the first times I've used watercolor for a piece like this I think it's pretty good.

Spoiler

IMG_20230504_080447570.thumb.jpg.5d1080a9cedb871d34deb1247b182a24.jpg

Here's the reference photo I used:

Spoiler

colr.thumb.jpg.d29720b498214141abc5e46d76b2343c.jpg

15 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

So, I thought I would share this painting I did in my art class. I took a picture of it because I might not be able to keep the physical version. My teacher is going to try to submit it to a local art auction for high school level art. My teacher isn't sure if he can get it submitted in time, but I'm honored that he would choose one of my paintings. Even if it doesn't get into the auction or if it doesn't do well in the auction, it's a huge compliment to even be given the opportunity, you know?

I think it's a tad wonky as a whole, but considering it's one of the first times I've used watercolor for a piece like this I think it's pretty good.

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

*Nostalgia*

That is amazing!

On 5/4/2023 at 8:08 AM, Justice_Magician said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

The shading is amazing. The highlights and things make it look really realistic, You're so good at this!