Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tamriel Wolfsbaine

Koloss control in Era 2

3 posts in this topic

Does Harmony choose not to control Koloss in era 2 or is there a reason he can't?  

He was happy to sieze control of bleeder when needed and the Set won't use too many spikes for fear of it suggesting he has done it vs them.  But the Koloss are able to raid villeges in the roughs and he doesn't seem to care too much.  

Maybe I have forgotten something or am just overlooking something.  When does a person enter into such a bad zone that Harmony decides to do away with your agency?  

9 minutes ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Does Harmony choose not to control Koloss in era 2 or is there a reason he can't?  

He was happy to sieze control of bleeder when needed and the Set won't use too many spikes for fear of it suggesting he has done it vs them.  But the Koloss are able to raid villeges in the roughs and he doesn't seem to care too much.  

Maybe I have forgotten something or am just overlooking something.  When does a person enter into such a bad zone that Harmony decides to do away with your agency?  

I think this is mostly due to his Ruin and Preservation sides bucking against each other. The Koloss raids aren't great, but direct intervention might be too much Preservation instead of Ruin. Also, who's to say he hasn't taken control in the past if a raid got too bad? 

One thing to consider too is that, after being changed to a full breeding race, the Koloss no longer have to fight for anyone in order to survive and keep their race going. I'd imagine that, overall, their race has gotten less aggressive than it was in Era 1. 

Plus, any raid made up of just koloss-blooded individuals can't be controlled as they don't have any spikes.

This is mostly head-cannon though, I will admit. 

Koloss were changed during Catacendre. Now they can reproduce, they live longer and older, and their heart doesn't stop when they grow too much. They also aren't that aggressive anymore. Harmony made these changes to preserve their culture and leave the room for its development. So why would he intervene now, after he gave them that freedom in the first place? Harmony took control over Bleeder, because he thought she's gone mad, and was acting against him directly. Koloss don't do it, they're no different than person that murder or is corrupt. It's a necessary Ruin.

Moreover it looks like Harmony decided not to simply take control over people with spikes, like Marsh is still able to act on his own, and gave a book on Hemalurgy to Marasi despite Harmony disagreement.

TLM spoiler

Spoiler

Harmony also promised Wax not only not to speak to him directly without his permission, but also not to listen to his thoughts. It looks like Harmony decided to not to use hemarurgy as his tool, and leaves spiked people a choice.