16 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I saw Mary Poppins last night. It was AWESOME!!!! The vocals were i n c r e d i b l e and the props and set? Well let's just say Mary Poppins herself would have been proud. I can safely say that it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The quality it presented at was at was so high that even if the acting sucked I still would have thought it was alright, the acting however, far from sucked. The Banks children were so small yet so good and Bert and Mary, well, the best way I can describe it is practically perfect in every way. I think what really pushed it over the edge from great to splendiferous is the fact that you could tell that everyone was having fun, they put so much energy and life into it you ouldn't help but get engrossed in their world. I have once again been reminded of why I love theatre so much ^_^

What makes it even better is that I was having a terrible week, to the point where I would go to the bathroom and cry at lunch and I was starting to feel like I didn't care about anything, not even theatre. Then I remembered I had these tickets and I was worried that my mood would ruin it and i wouldn't get the joy I usually get from performing and watching others do the same. Boy, was I wrong. I'm in no way 'cured' of feeling like cremling droppings, the feeling with come back eventually, it always does, but, it is lesser now. Reminding myself of what I love really revitalised me. I feel like I could take on the world! Or at least my huge pile of homework. :D 

Theatre can always do that. I got to go see one of my friends in the three musketeers a couple days ago, and it was incredible. It wasn’t a musical, but it still made life feel a little better. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

HADESTOWN!

16 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

How could I NOT get your reference? 

I LOVE HADESTOWN!!

I have decided that the Shard is officially the only place in the world that 100% gets me. 

13 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Soooooo how’d Tempest auditions go?

Well… I didn’t get the part. Honestly though, I don’t think it was from my lack of skill, but because of age.

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Well… I didn’t get the part. Honestly though, I don’t think it was from my lack of skill, but because of age.

Aw, I'm sorry. I had a similar experience once. But not Shakespeare.

I'm not a theatre kid exactly, Annie's only my second theatre play/musical/thing. But judging how much I love performing(but also hate it in a loving way), I think I might qualify.

On an unrelated note, The Humming by Enya is a very cool song.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

2 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I have decided that the Shard is officially the only place in the world that 100% gets me. 

Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry. 

On a slightly related note, does anyone know when Epic saga 3 comes out? 

2 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Ugh. That’s happened to me before. 
There’ll be other auditions though, and every one you do is more experience more the next :}.

Umm excuse me but it’s “lay mizzerob” not whatever you said. Just wanted to make sure you knew. Haha. Friendly reminder.

*runs away top speed before everyone here tries to capture me and wrap me up in rolls of scripts to make me immobile so they can plop me down in a stage and make me watch Cats-oh, the horror*

For real though, that’s really cool! I really love the music from Le Mis, but I haven’t been able to watch the movie yet. Not even sure if they use the same songs on broadway.

1 hour ago, phillycheesesteak said:

So I maybe-kinda-sorta got to see the Broadway production of Les Mis at the Orpheum Theatre.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

:O.

I’m soo maybe-kinda-sorta jealous!! :P Seriously though, that is so awesome!! 

Les Mis has one of the best soundtracks ever. I was actually going to be little Cosette in 2020 but then we couldn’t perform or rehearse because 2020.

8 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Umm excuse me but it’s “lay mizzerob” not whatever you said. Just wanted to make sure you knew. Haha. Friendly reminder.

How can you even hear how he’s pronouncing it?????!?!?? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

For real though, that’s really cool! I really love the music from Le Mis, but I haven’t been able to watch the movie yet. Not even sure if they use the same songs on broadway.

Yup the songs are the same. The movie was based on the musical, which was based on the book. Although that’s not always guarantee.

Just now, Cinnamon said:

How can you even hear how he’s pronouncing it?????!?!?? :ph34r:

Compounded F-Tin, plus A-tin with duralumin.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Yup the songs are the same. The movie was based on the musical, which was based on the book. Although that’s not always guarantee.

That’s what I thought.

1 hour ago, phillycheesesteak said:

Guys, calm down.

I am now going to attend a lot more musicals. The sets, acting, singing, effects, everything was awesome.

Side note: The inside of the Orpheum is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Reveal hidden contents

20230309_191649.thumb.jpg.a392661261934c85d9f419034821f034.jpg

AAAAGH O MI GAWSH THAT'S SO GOHRJIS ITS ENHEBITED MA SPELING!!

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Typing that sentence hurt me a little bit

7 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

AAAAGH O MI GAWSH THAT'S SO GOHRJIS ITS ENHEBITED MA SPELING!!

Haha. I was most impressed by it's beauty as well. My sister had to poke me because I stood in the walkway staring.

Edited by phillycheesesteak
Oop. Hundredth post.

100 posts!!!!!!! WOOOOO. Congrats!!

5 minutes ago, phillycheesesteak said:

Haha. I was most impressed by its beauty as well. My sister had to poke me because I stood in the walkway staring.

yeah, gawking, unstoppable smiling, repetitive singing of songs, and sparkling eyes are all symptoms that you have seen a good musical.

16 hours ago, phillycheesesteak said:

So I maybe-kinda-sorta got to see the Broadway production of Les Mis at the Orpheum Theatre.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

THAT"S INSANE BRO!!!

I've now seen it 3 times and it's made me cry every single time. I'll get to see it again in a month or two, but it'll be a high school performance of it and the Javert is a girl so we'll see how it turns out...