OK here is why i answered other in the Cats poll: i find it hideously fascinating. also my great grandfather really loved it and would take my mom to see it like twice a month so i feel like some sort of connection to it? idk. it's weird.

Also i'm a wannabe theater kid but i go to a co-op instead of a school and my mom won't sign me up for our local non-school affiliated theater so i just have to do Heathers karaoke in the basement whenever everyone is gone ;-; literally any chance i get a skit or singing performance, i go totally crazy and diva. but i'm going to public school next year, i will be able to get all the diva energy out once and for all when i get the LEAD in EVERY SINGLE MUSICAL AND PLAY. (Which is a totally realistic thing to believe i'm going to get.)

7 hours ago, DramaQueen said:
  Hide contents

TUCK EVERLASTING

- Winnie Foster

WICKED

- Galinda

- Elphaba

ADDAMS FAMILY

- Wednesday Addams

HADESTOWN

- Eurydice

- A Fate

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

- Belle

- Silly girl

DEAR EVAN HANSEN

- Zoe Murphy

LES MIS

- Eponine

- Cosette

NEWSIES

- Katherine Plummer

DADDY LONG LEGS

- Jerusha Abbott

MEAN GIRLS

- Cady Heron

- Gretchen

- Karen

- Janis

SEUSSICAL

- Jojo

- Gertrude

ALICE BY HEART

- Alice

URINETOWN

- Little Sally

- Hope

HUNCHBACK

- Esmeralda

TARZAN

- Jane

- Turk

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

- Alice

LITTLE MERMAID

- Flounder

SHE LOVES ME

- Amalia Balash

SECRET GARDEN

- Lily

- Martha

THE CLOCKMAKER'S DAUGHTER

- Constance

SHREK

- Donkey (in a full version)

ANASTASIA

- Anya

LITTLE WOMEN

- Meg

- Amy

THE GLASS MENAGERIE

- Laura

PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS

- Molly

OUR TOWN

- Emily

THE TWELFTH NIGHT (OR WHAT YOU WILL)

- Viola

FAHRENHEIT 451

- Clarisse

Annnnnnd probably a lot more that I'm missing.

Some of those are from plays, some from musicals. If anyone knows all of those plays (and I mean plays. If they're one of the ones based off of a book and you know the book but not the play, it doesn't count) I'll give you my intense, insane respect. If no one knows all of them, I'll give my intense (not insane) respect to whoever knows the most of them.

YES SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS SEUSSICAL

AND SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

Granted this is my first time back talking about theater for a while…

That’s a NICE list!! I’ve had experience (as in either been in or watched) most of them… but every third one I’m like “Huh, I need to find the soundtrack to that one”

3 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

OK here is why i answered other in the Cats poll: i find it hideously fascinating. also my great grandfather really loved it and would take my mom to see it like twice a month so i feel like some sort of connection to it? idk. it's weird.

Also i'm a wannabe theater kid but i go to a co-op instead of a school and my mom won't sign me up for our local non-school affiliated theater so i just have to do Heathers karaoke in the basement whenever everyone is gone ;-; literally any chance i get a skit or singing performance, i go totally crazy and diva. but i'm going to public school next year, i will be able to get all the diva energy out once and for all when i get the LEAD in EVERY SINGLE MUSICAL AND PLAY. (Which is a totally realistic thing to believe i'm going to get.)

Oh I also put other for the Cats poll, just cuz I like it but not to the point that I'd say "Woooo hooo I love Cats so much!"

It's aight.

43 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Guess what guys? I just found out that rehearsals for my schools’ production of Hairspray starts on my birthday, the same day we go back to school and I get to see my Macbeth friends again! I’m so excited!

A Theatre Birthday!!! Those are rare indeed

19 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Have any of you watched/listened to Between the Lines? It's a pretty new musical, it's been on spotify for less than a month. 

I overthought the first song and it made me cry.

I have not! I shall add it to my list!

I had a rehearsal today and we needed more boys so I forced encouraged one of my guy friends to come along, and now he's in ensemble!

Edited by Cinnamon
my spelling is bad

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

That always happens. "Oh you're a guy? Here's your part, you have like 3 solos" "You're a girl? How many years of voice and dance training have you had? :P

As a guy who did theater in high school, this is true for most theaters

Once a theater gets enough guys though, the question becomes ‘how good of an actor/singer are you?’

Theatre!!

Phantom of the Opera is the best musical. & Juliet, Hadestown, and Six are also great-

Also, me and a couple friends made a short, 45 minute production, where I played a machete-wielding butler. It was incredible. I got to wear pajamas for half the show and evil laugh!

6 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Theatre!!

Wooo theatre!!! :D. 

6 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Phantom of the Opera is the best musical. & Juliet, Hadestown, and Six are also great-

I went to see Phantom last Sunday for my birthday!

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Theoretical question for you guys. 

If I were to accidentally memorize an entire musical in less than 12 hours, would that, theoretically, mean I had a slight obsession? 

Noooo of course not! That is practicing being a good performer who is ready from day one for off book;)