Hear ye, hear ye. All theatre kids unite! This is a club for all theatre kids, everyone is welcome but if you’re a theatre kid you are more welcome:P. Talk about dramatic stuff, life, shows you are in, shows you have been in, shows you wish you were in, musical recommendations, anything really. Just be weird (shouldn’t be to hard).

If this already exists, I’m terribly sorry.

Members:

Edited by Cinnamon
adding members

AH HI I LOVE THEATRE!!!!! IT IS MY LIFE AND SOUL. I listen to so much musical theatre and can always do a completely choreographed dance number if someone says the right words. We raid restaurants before and/or after shows. Put simply, I'm a theatre nerd. Shoot me.

The cow as white as milk

The cape as red as blood

The hair as yellow as corn

The slipper as pure as gold.

I'm preeeeetty sure something like this already exists, but it's probably not active so we might as well move here.

Hi I'm taking being a theatre kid to the next level and majoring in theatre so I can have a career in theatre which is terrifying but also really fun :))

I'm in an acting class as I'm writing this and I'm figuring out how to effectively pretend to be a dog.

Also @Aes Sedai I like a lot of them, but I really like Dear Evan Hansen, Come From Away, and Hamilton

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

I’m currently in my drama class. We’re supposed to be writing scripts but Y’know I can’t figure out how to write blocking for a screaming goat.

I know far too many musicals. Some of my top ones include Les Miserables, Hadestown, The Lightning Thief, and of course all the ones you mentioned.

15 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

can always do a completely choreographed dance number if someone says the right words.

:music notes: you will be foundddddd

The best musical theatre song. Fight me.

Edit: For clarification, I wouldn’t class myself as a ‘theatre kid’ since I’m more into the music than the acting and dancing. But I looove doing musical theatre songs. A lot.

Edited by Shadowed

39 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Ooh, I've also seen the lightning thief, that was great.

Theater was my ESCAPE in high school!!! Covid and college have kinda kept me from theater, but musicals soundtracks are consistently on my favorite music list. I still love seeing shows too!

and @The Aspiring Archivist how did it compare to the books? lve heard some of the soundtrack and it seems fun. 

Also who else here has heard of Epic: The Troy Saga?

Edited by Cash67

13 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Theater was my ESCAPE in high school!!! Covid and college have kinda kept me from theater, but musicals soundtracks are consistently on my favorite music list. I still love seeing shows too!

and @The Aspiring Archivist how did it compare to the books? Solve heard some of the soundtrack and it seems fun. 

Also who else here has heard of Epic: The Troy Saga?

I thought it was very good. The songs were great, and the story obviously wasn't a one-to-one match, but it kept most of the original plot.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 minutes ago, DoomslugLuna said:

I was Little Red from Into The Woods ~ but I'm usually Head of Ensemble for the shows at my school.

Currently I am Head of Ensemble in my schools musical Anastasia. 

can't wait to see that on thursday my love :D

i will bring flowers o7

I have two questions for you guys.

1) theatre or theater?

2) what is your dream role?

Spoiler

1) theatre obviously 

2) Matilda (which I was:D) or Elphaba or The Artful Dodger

Im so glad there are so many people who love drama on the Shard! We’re all like double nerds!   Musical theatre nerds and book nerds! (That’s a good thing btw)

7 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Hi I'm taking being a theatre kid to the next level and majoring in theatre so I can have a career in theatre which is terrifying but also really fun :))

oOoOOooOOohHh! That’s sounds awesome!

7 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I'm in an acting class as I'm writing this and I'm figuring out how to effectively pretend to be a dog.

7 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

I’m currently in my drama class. We’re supposed to be writing scripts but Y’know I can’t figure out how to write blocking for a screaming goat.

Ah yes the wonderfulness of drama class.

9 minutes ago, phillycheesesteak said:

1) Theater. Sorry, I'm American.

2) Macbeth or Hamlet.

Don’t make excuses. Be better! :P

that’s awesome!

I came for the free cats.

@The Wandering Wizard

Oh dear, I just saw this. I’m sorry Wiz but there aren’t any free cats. Cats is the name of a controversial musical by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. You either love it or hate it or have no opinion.

Edited by Cinnamon
cats or Cats

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

1) theatre or theater?

1) The first is the subject, the second is the building

2) that’s a hard one…. I love being in ensemble just because vocals are fun, but I’d love Judas in Godspell or any Disney male lead.

I too have a question:

Best and/or worst production you’ve been a part of and why?

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Best and/or worst production you’ve been a part of and why?

High school musical. nuff said.

nah, I shall not hate on it but it was a really terrible show, definitely my school's worst. First, only 3 boys auditioned. out of those three only one of them likes acting/can actually sing. he got Ryan. The boy who got Troy only wanted to be in the ensemble and auditioned for the experience. Next, it was in 2021 so we couldn't actually perform it, we filmed it. Third, NOBODY KNEW THIER LINES. I mean seriously it was terrible. Fourth, both our Gabriellas quit the week of filming. The girl who ended up doing it was amazing though and learnt all the chorry and lines in 2 days. (luv you K). Fifth, the atmosphere just sucked. When I'm in a cast usually everyone knows everyone by the end and there is a sense of community, not with this show :(. The show was just generally bad everyone in the cast was talking about how bad the general quality of the show was .It is taboo to talk about at my school. 

I could go on and on about more issues with it but I wont. Watching that recording was perhaps the only moment in my life when I though maybe I don't like theatre as much as I think I do. Thankfully Singing in the Rain came to my rescue.

Edited by Cinnamon
apostophies where there shouldn't be.

I don’t think I’ve been in a bad production…. But I did leave a bad theater (as in the environment was bad) before I was emotionally damaged by that… so that the bad side

Best show though in terms of quality and experience has to be Matilda! I was one of the kids in an adult community theater production of Matilda and it was some of the most fun I have ever had. I was by no means the best there, both of our Matilda’s blew it out of the park, and the guy who played Trunchbull was hilarious. But that was my first taste of not-children’s theater and I have emanated more ever since….. but I’m a STEM major so not enough free time for theater. 

6 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

1) theatre or theater?

1) theatre (literally just cuz I wanna be fancy. I have heard that theatre is the art, theater is the venue as well, but I've also heard that it's a culture thing or many many other explanations. My explanation is that it just looks better.)

2) ohhhh boy you asked the question.

Spoiler

TUCK EVERLASTING

- Winnie Foster

WICKED

- Galinda

- Elphaba

ADDAMS FAMILY

- Wednesday Addams

HADESTOWN

- Eurydice

- A Fate

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

- Belle

- Silly girl

DEAR EVAN HANSEN

- Zoe Murphy

LES MIS

- Eponine

- Cosette

NEWSIES

- Katherine Plummer

DADDY LONG LEGS

- Jerusha Abbott

MEAN GIRLS

- Cady Heron

- Gretchen

- Karen

- Janis

SEUSSICAL

- Jojo

- Gertrude

ALICE BY HEART

- Alice

URINETOWN

- Little Sally

- Hope

HUNCHBACK

- Esmeralda

TARZAN

- Jane

- Turk

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

- Alice

LITTLE MERMAID

- Flounder

SHE LOVES ME

- Amalia Balash

SECRET GARDEN

- Lily

- Martha

THE CLOCKMAKER'S DAUGHTER

- Constance

SHREK

- Donkey (in a full version)

ANASTASIA

- Anya

LITTLE WOMEN

- Meg

- Amy

THE GLASS MENAGERIE

- Laura

PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS

- Molly

OUR TOWN

- Emily

THE TWELFTH NIGHT (OR WHAT YOU WILL)

- Viola

FAHRENHEIT 451

- Clarisse

Annnnnnd probably a lot more that I'm missing.

Some of those are from plays, some from musicals. If anyone knows all of those plays (and I mean plays. If they're one of the ones based off of a book and you know the book but not the play, it doesn't count) I'll give you my intense, insane respect. If no one knows all of them, I'll give my intense (not insane) respect to whoever knows the most of them.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:
Spoiler

TUCK EVERLASTING

- Winnie Foster

WICKED

- Galinda

- Elphaba

ADDAMS FAMILY

- Wednesday Addams

HADESTOWN

- Eurydice

- A Fate

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

- Belle

- Silly girl

DEAR EVAN HANSEN

- Zoe Murphy

LES MIS

- Eponine

- Cosette

NEWSIES

- Katherine Plummer

DADDY LONG LEGS

- Jerusha Abbott

MEAN GIRLS

- Cady Heron

- Gretchen

- Karen

- Janis

SEUSSICAL

- Jojo

- Gertrude

ALICE BY HEART

- Alice

URINETOWN

- Little Sally

- Hope

HUNCHBACK

- Esmeralda

TARZAN

- Jane

- Turk

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

- Alice

LITTLE MERMAID

- Flounder

SHE LOVES ME

- Amalia Balash

SECRET GARDEN

- Lily

- Martha

THE CLOCKMAKER'S DAUGHTER

- Constance

SHREK

- Donkey (in a full version)

ANASTASIA

- Anya

LITTLE WOMEN

- Meg

- Amy

THE GLASS MENAGERIE

- Laura

PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS

- Molly

OUR TOWN

- Emily

THE TWELFTH NIGHT (OR WHAT YOU WILL)

- Viola

FAHRENHEIT 451

- Clarisse

THAT IS AN AMAZING LIST. I have heard of most of those but not all.