Final Fantasy 6 discussion

15 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Who is the best in your opinion? (I assume it's Relm, so if it is, then besides her)

Grrr you have found my weakness. I do think Relm is the best because her magic stat is the highest but apparently you are oppressing me and limiting my options soooo.

Shadow because he can equip powerful swords and having genji glove is good plus his throw ability is amazing.

If you oppress me further then Mog. He was my OG fave and his dance ability can EASILY heal 2000+ damage with sunbath at high levels plus he has the ability to deal air and water damage which is pretty hard to do (only strago (or gogo with lore) and certain weapons can otherwise)

5 minutes ago, ExoticAlmond said:

Grrr you have found my weakness. I do think Relm is the best because her magic stat is the highest but apparently you are oppressing me and limiting my options soooo.

Shadow because he can equip powerful swords and having genji glove is good plus his throw ability is amazing.

If you oppress me further then Mog. He was my OG fave and his dance ability can EASILY heal 2000+ damage with sunbath at high levels plus he has the ability to deal air and water damage which is pretty hard to do (only strago (or gogo with lore) and certain weapons can otherwise)

How do you unlock new dances? I'm confused how that works and I think it's going to cause a problem.

2 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

How do you unlock new dances? I'm confused how that works and I think it's going to cause a problem.

you have to use Mog in 1 of 8 biomes and then he can use that dance whenever he wants.

Zozo city-love serenade

a mountain biome-earth blues

a plains biome-wind rhapsody

a desert biome-desert lullaby

underwater (only possible in first world or leviathan battle)-water harmony

a cave biome-twilight requiem

in the snowy area above Narshe (where you fought Kefka to protect the esper)-snowman rondo

A forest biome-forest nocturne

WARNING- having Mog succeed in dancing changes the field to that biome and he will not learn dances if this happens.

WARNING 2- Mog will use 1 of 4 random moves specific to that dance when his turn starts you have no control over this so make sure you know what attacks come from each one

WARNING 3-Mog may stumble if he is not in the biome that his dance originated in (ex using wind rhapsody underwater) this is fine. have him keep using the dance until he succeeds and then he won't fail that dance for the rest of the battle. (for the reason mentioned in the first warning)

Edited by ExoticAlmond

1 hour ago, ExoticAlmond said:

you have to use Mog in 1 of 8 biomes and then he can use that dance whenever he wants.

Zozo city-love serenade

a mountain biome-earth blues

a plains biome-wind rhapsody

a desert biome-desert lullaby

underwater (only possible in first world or leviathan battle)-water harmony

a cave biome-twilight requiem

in the snowy area above Narshe (where you fought Kefka to protect the esper)-snowman rondo

A forest biome-forest nocturne

WARNING- having Mog succeed in dancing changes the field to that biome and he will not learn dances if this happens.

WARNING 2- Mog will use 1 of 4 random moves specific to that dance when his turn starts you have no control over this so make sure you know what attacks come from each one

WARNING 3-Mog may stumble if he is not in the biome that his dance originated in (ex using wind rhapsody underwater) this is fine. have him keep using the dance until he succeeds and then he won't fail that dance for the rest of the battle. (for the reason mentioned in the first warning)

Wait, you can get Mog in world of balance? How?

On 2/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, That1Cellist said:

Wait, you can get Mog in world of balance? How?

You get Mog in the world of balance by going back to Narshe after you get the airship and going to this one specific house (it's kinda hidden in the lower right-ish corner). Lone Wolf the thief will be in this room plundering chests. He will run away and you have to follow him to where you battled Kefka for the esper. Keep going up and to the left and he will be trapped at a cliff. He will threaten a moogle next to him (Mog) all you have to do is stand and wait and eventually Mog frees himself and they both start falling off the cliff. If you save Mog he will join your party. If you save lone wolf he gives you a golden hairpin (not worth it).

Edited by ExoticAlmond

• 2 weeks later...

I wish American authors were allowed to write full epic novels for JRPGS.  Brandon Sanderson would make an AMAZING Novel for Final Fantasy 6, IMO.

Both stories feature

a girl with a secret

an empire

a resistance

a villain who becomes a god

a cult that dedicates itself to said god

and a world event that reshapes the globe and taints everything red and brown, lol! 

1 hour ago, Zelda Goldberry said:

I wish American authors were allowed to write full epic novels for JRPGS.  Brandon Sanderson would make an AMAZING Novel for Final Fantasy 6, IMO.

Both stories feature

a girl with a secret

an empire

a resistance

a villain who becomes a god

a cult that dedicates itself to said god

and a world event that reshapes the globe and taints everything red and brown, lol! 

Agreed! Brandon actually did write a couple books based on the Infinity Blade game. I have not read them but I am sure they are good. 

3 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Agreed! Brandon actually did write a couple books based on the Infinity Blade game. I have not read them but I am sure they are good. 

I could also see him writing a Parasite Eve novel if only because of the "Magic, but really science" approach he seems to have to magic.  That is what I heard him call it anyway.  In various youtube videos.

Hey, @StormingTexan. Sorry I didn't see. I would say go for the esper as opposed to the sword, though I assume you've already made a decision on that.

Yeah, Gogo is cool until you heal bosses with the stupid healing rod because you used a normal attack with somebody unthinkingly. I've done that way too many times.

4 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Hey, @StormingTexan. Sorry I didn't see. I would say go for the esper as opposed to the sword, though I assume you've already made a decision on that.

Yeah, Gogo is cool until you heal bosses with the stupid healing rod because you used a normal attack with somebody unthinkingly. I've done that way too many times.

I ended up going with the sword and grinding the cursed shield (geez never thought I'd be done with that!). I kinda wanted the paladin shield anyway so I was going to have to do the 256 battles either way. Now pretty much all my characters have Ultima. Plus Lightbringer is an awesome sword now that I have it it I cannot imagine Celes or Terra without it. 

Oh man that stupid healing rod! Optimize always gives it to him and it drives me crazy when I forget to swap it with the holy rod. I think I am going to sell them or wager them for magnus rods. I cannot think of a reason to keep them and yes healing a boss sucks lol. 

I pretty much just have the Ancient Castle and then take on the tower. I need to grind and level up some of the characters I haven't been playing much since I will need multiple teams. 

46 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

I ended up going with the sword and grinding the cursed shield (geez never thought I'd be done with that!). I kinda wanted the paladin shield anyway so I was going to have to do the 256 battles either way. Now pretty much all my characters have Ultima. Plus Lightbringer is an awesome sword now that I have it it I cannot imagine Celes or Terra without it. 

Oh man that stupid healing rod! Optimize always gives it to him and it drives me crazy when I forget to swap it with the holy rod. I think I am going to sell them or wager them for magnus rods. I cannot think of a reason to keep them and yes healing a boss sucks lol. 

I pretty much just have the Ancient Castle and then take on the tower. I need to grind and level up some of the characters I haven't been playing much since I will need multiple teams. 

It sounds like you've done a lot more grinding than myself. I had Celes extremely strong and the other people basically just supported her. It was enough to win because Ultima is broken. But yeah, when I play through again I think I'll get the sword and see how that changes things.

11 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

It sounds like you've done a lot more grinding than myself. I had Celes extremely strong and the other people basically just supported her. It was enough to win because Ultima is broken. But yeah, when I play through again I think I'll get the sword and see how that changes things.

I have a bad habit of over grinding in FF games and then the final battles are such a cake walk I wonder why I did it lol. I just spent a bunch of time in the colosseum getting 4ea of Merit Award, Miracle Shoes, Genji Armor and Celestriad. I have completely ignored Cyan, Setzer and Strago so I want to level them up a bit but.  

Lightbringer does 9999 on attack and can do another 9999 casting Holy plus it has great stats for magic users. Honestly though it is not really needed once you get a Celestriad and Soul of Thamasa and can dual cast Ultima but sometimes it is still fun to whack an enemy with a sword. I also think it is worth taking the sword since it is worth doing the 256 battles to get the paladin shield which is the best shield in the game I think and you do not really loose anything but some time since it teaches Ultima. The paladin shield is super helpful in the coliseum too. 

• 4 weeks later...

I completely forgot about this post. oops.

I am glad however that other people have been using it.

I have completely ignored Cyan, Setzer and Strago so I want to level them up a bit but.  

@StormingTexan I also ignored Cyan and Setzer. I also started ignoring strago but after a while put him in my party to get lores and i LOVE it. Also don't care about Gau at all.

Edited by ExoticAlmond

26 minutes ago, ExoticAlmond said:

I also ignored Cyan and Setzer. I also started ignoring strago but after a while put him in my party to get lores and i LOVE it. Also don't care about Gau at all.

So I was dumb and didn't realize you could get fixed dice from Kefka's Tower without going to the final boss fights until really late. Once I got that for him and equipped master scroll he was a lot more fun to have in the party even if fixed dice damage is random. I could one hit a t-rex with him. 

Bushido just takes too long but I loved Cyan's story. 

Gau was fun for a bit in the early game but just became underpowered later once I had all my main characters doing 9999 damage.

Never really committed to getting enough Lores for Strago but I did get Grand Delta which was fun but I had already taught him Ultima so meh.