Bound - Immortality is Overrated

The Unknown Ajah

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

Alright. So, have Marcella go talk to some guards, and angrily follow them when they leave. :P

Marcella held the box of contacts, and let out a deep breath. Here goes nothing. She thought. She walked up to a guard. "Excuse me. Where would I go if I had a product I wanted to sell to the City Guard?" She asked, her tone and body language exuding confidence, even though she was fairly nervous.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

She leapt backwards, kicking off her foot to avoid both attacks. But even then, the moment she hit the ground behind her she darted back forwards with a slash of her knife. The sudden jerk between motions was uncanny, seeming to defy all the natural laws of the world. What's more, her new attack was just as accurate as all the rest despite how unnatural it was.

Fedrust's sword blocked the knife as casually as you would swat away an annoying gnat. "Gonna run out of knives soon," he half said half snarled. He thrust his sword forward, only turning into a slash at the last moment. 

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Valence thought for a moment.

"I believe I would prefer to join the Investigative Squad. I do not enjoy administrative positions. I would be willing to join the normal Guard, but I would not prefer it."

"Excellent. All that is required is a simple physical test, then you are good to go." He stood up. "I'll accompany you."

1 hour ago, PyroPhile said:

Tl;dr is that Emu is trying to (and just succeeded at) join the City Guard. AA stabbed a guy, ran from the Guard, refused to get captured, and killed a guard. Fadran, whose character is a game of Guess Who, tried to hide AA, failed, stabbed and nearly killed a guard, stabbed a guard's dog in the eye, and is now fighting said guard, who is now a berserk Wildbound half dog man out with a vengeance. Oh and Randby is selling people contact lenses.

42 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Marcella held the box of contacts, and let out a deep breath. Here goes nothing. She thought. She walked up to a guard. "Excuse me. Where would I go if I had a product I wanted to sell to the City Guard?" She asked, her tone and body language exuding confidence, even though she was fairly nervous.

Should probably mention since I haven't been very clear on this point, the City Guard are basically just the police force, and Davian and the person Marcella is taking to are just patrollers. They're not like standing guard outside of non-governmental building or what-not. 

"Probably Headquarters, just over there," he pointed. "Follow the street until you get to Mendago's, then turn right. It's the big fancy building with a bunch of people dressed like me out front. Can't miss it."

Davian tracked the fight. It was odd, seeing the world this way. The man hadn't noticed him first coming in, so Davian had resorted to a more stealthy approach. Silently, he pulled out his club. His hand came up empty. He grabbed again, going extra slow, and managed to get it this time. He swung it at Myrto's head.

14 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Fedrust's sword blocked the knife as casually as you would swat away an annoying gnat. "Gonna run out of knives soon," he half said half snarled. He thrust his sword forward, only turning into a slash at the last moment. 

"Excellent. All that is required is a simple physical test, then you are good to go." He stood up. "I'll accompany you."

"Probably Headquarters, just over there," he pointed. "Follow the street until you get to Mendago's, then turn right. It's the big fancy building with a bunch of people dressed like me out front. Can't miss it."

Davian tracked the fight. It was odd, seeing the world this way. The man hadn't noticed him first coming in, so Davian had resorted to a more stealthy approach. Silently, he pulled out his club. His hand came up empty. He grabbed again, going extra slow, and managed to get it this time. He swung it at Myrto's head.

Yeah, I assumed as much. But there are generally police officers patrolling.

"Thanks." She said, before walking off. She briskly walked to the aforementioned building.

42 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Myrtle noticed at the last second, throwing out an arm. The club got, and the arm broke, but Myrto's head remained projected. He growled, and stabbed his spear at Davina's chest with his good arm.

She's been using the same knives this whole time...

A near miss there. She leapt back again and darted forwards; the same crazy, sporadic motion.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A near miss there. She leapt back again and darted forwards; the same crazy, sporadic motion.

...She's thrown at least two knives with little way to recover them.

Fedrust swept his sword in a wide arc to keep her at bay, then brought his offhand blade down in a hard downwards strike.

5 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Thanks." She said, before walking off. She briskly walked to the aforementioned building.

The Guard looked Marcella up and down. "What do you want?" He had the voice of a man who was naturally gruff, and seemed to not be interested in the answer.

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Myrtle noticed at the last second, throwing out an arm. The club got, and the arm broke, but Myrto's head remained projected. He growled, and stabbed his spear at Davina's chest with his good arm.

When had he picked that back up? Davian thought as he jerked back. Or at least as he tried. The spear stabbed him through before his body actually listened to the command. Grunting at the expected pain, but it was less than Davian expected. That was a problem for later. He dropped his club, then pulled the spear out of his chest, making sure to keep a good grip. Then he yanked the spear, trying to take it from Myrto.

5 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Very well, then. Lead the way, Commander."

And he did walking out of the office. "I hope you won't mind if I take the long way, I need to check on something at the front desk."

Just now, The Known Novel said:

When had he picked that back up? Davian thought as he jerked back. Or at least as he tried. The spear stabbed him through before his body actually listened to the command. Grunting at the expected pain, but it was less than Davian expected. That was a problem for later. He dropped his club, then pulled the spear out of his chest, making sure to keep a good grip. Then he yanked the spear, trying to take it from Myrto.

With only one good arm and a broken rib, the spear came out of his hand easily. As soon as he lost the weapon, Myrto picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at Davian's head, expression growing more crazed.

21 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Fedrust swept his sword in a wide arc to keep her at bay, then brought his offhand blade down in a hard downwards strike.

She threw one knife.

From there she started keeping her distance. The ferocity behind his attacks was dangerous, if sloppy. That kind of unhinged violence - the disregard for one's own life in an attempt to kill - was a kind that left many an inexperienced warrior like herself dead where they might have otherwise won. For now it was up to time to decide if he was going to tire himself out or make an opening for her to leap in and make a final slash across his neck. Him being a wildbound meant he couldn't very well survive a stab to the heart or a knife to the face - a way to win, at last.

So she kept at distance, leaping about from crouch to crouch, waiting for him to make a sloppy enough attack for her to dart in and finish the job.

8 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

The Guard looked Marcella up and down. "What do you want?" He had the voice of a man who was naturally gruff, and seemed to not be interested in the answer.

"Who would I go to if I wanted to try to sell a product to the city guard?" She asked.

14 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

And he did walking out of the office. "I hope you won't mind if I take the long way, I need to check on something at the front desk."

Valence nodded silently, folding his hands behind his back as he followed behind Commander Atadin, a good foot and a half taller than him.

16 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

With only one good arm and a broken rib, the spear came out of his hand easily. As soon as he lost the weapon, Myrto picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at Davian's head, expression growing more crazed.

Davian ducked. Except he didn't. He was getting tired of that. His vision went from grey to black for a moment, but returned quickly. He turned the spear around and jabbed towards Myrto.

16 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

From there she started keeping her distance. The ferocity behind his attacks was dangerous, if sloppy. That kind of unhinged violence - the disregard for one's own life in an attempt to kill - was a kind that left many an inexperienced warrior like herself dead where they might have otherwise won. For now it was up to time to decide if he was going to tire himself out or make an opening for her to leap in and make a final slash across his neck. Him being a wildbound meant he couldn't very well survive a stab to the heart or a knife to the face - a way to win, at last.

So she kept at distance, leaping about from crouch to crouch, waiting for him to make a sloppy enough attack for her to dart in and finish the job.

Fedrust paused. Man and dog warred in his mind. To lunge and overwhelm the girl or to fight carefully and intelligently. The human part of him won out. He analyzed the girls movements, jumping like some crazed frog. Waiting for the perfect timing; the girl landed from one of her jumps, and Fedrust swept forward, cutting at her ankles with one blade. His other sword was held behind, ready to react.

8 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Who would I go to if I wanted to try to sell a product to the city guard?" She asked.

Just then, a bleeding bloodhound came running up to the building. "What in the–, one moment, miss." 

"It almost looks like Captain Fedrust's hound. But why is she so beat up?"

The dog barked, them ran past the men. Ignoring Marcella, they turned almost to follow it.

2 hours ago, PyroPhile said:

Your character could fit pretty well as a preexisting watch member, maybe as a Captain or something sense they're the type of industrious lazy person that gets surprisingly high up.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Valence nodded silently, folding his hands behind his back as he followed behind Commander Atadin, a good foot and a half taller than him.

The commander stepped into the main hall, "Marnteret, has V–," he cut off, seeing the bloodhound running up the steps. "Avixius! Forget that Marnteret, I want every Fleshbound and Soulbound pair in the building out here right now, Fed's in major trouble."

"On it sir." She hurried off.

"What's wrong commander? Is that Captain Fedrust's hound?"

"Yes, and he wouldn't be here if he wasn't in big trouble." The bloodhound barked and pulled on Atadin's sleeve. "I have to get other's to help him, I can't do it alone."

3 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Davian ducked. Except he didn't. He was getting tired of that. His vision went from grey to black for a moment, but returned quickly. He turned the spear around and jabbed towards Myrto.

Fedrust paused. Man and dog warred in his mind. To lunge and overwhelm the girl or to fight carefully and intelligently. The human part of him won out. He analyzed the girls movements, jumping like some crazed frog. Waiting for the perfect timing; the girl landed from one of her jumps, and Fedrust swept forward, cutting at her ankles with one blade. His other sword was held behind, ready to react.

Just then, a bleeding bloodhound came running up to the building. "What in the–, one moment, miss." 

"It almost looks like Captain Fedrust's hound. But why is she so beat up?"

The dog barked, them ran past the men. Ignoring Marcella, they turned almost to follow it.

The commander stepped into the main hall, "Marnteret, has V–," he cut off, seeing the bloodhound running up the steps. "Avixius! Forget that Marnteret, I want every Fleshbound and Soulbound pair in the building out here right now, Fed's in major trouble."

"Yes, and he wouldn't be here if he wasn't in big trouble." The bloodhound barked and pulled on Atadin's sleeve. "I have to get other's to help him, I can't do it alone."

She watched for a moment, annoyed, before moving to follow. She was not going to let them all just ignore her.

12 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

"Perhaps I can help, Commander," Valence said calmly. "An on-the-job test, if you will." He stepped to the side and quickly picked up the sword that was leaning in the corner he had placed it in once he had arrived. He sheathed it in one smooth movement before picking up the massive longbow and quiver of arrows that had been resting besides it.

"I do not believe that I will hurt the situation of this Wildbound Captain Fedrust."

43 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

So the rock hit him?

Also, Myrto is mostly playing for time here since Davian is more injured than he is.

Myrto caught the spear just before it hit him, holding on by an indentation in the shaft that he had apparently put there for him to use. He stumbled back a few steps from the force of the jab. He stared Davian down, and slowly began twisting it to the side.

...When she jumps away she's very far out of range.

9 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

She watched for a moment, annoyed, before moving to follow. She was not going to let them all just ignore her.

They haven’t left quite yet. Well, as of when you wrote this post.

9 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Perhaps I can help, Commander," Valence said calmly. "An on-the-job test, if you will." He stepped to the side and quickly picked up the sword that was leaning in the corner he had placed it in once he had arrived. He sheathed it in one smooth movement before picking up the massive longbow and quiver of arrows that had been resting besides it.

"I do not believe that I will hurt the situation of this Wildbound Captain Fedrust."

"Why, that is an excellent idea." He turned as several Guards came running out. In an experienced commander's voice, Atadin called out, "Okay men, we've got a Captain in some serious trouble. For all we know, he could be almost dead, so we're going as fast as we can. Everybody understand?"

"We've got it Commander!"

The hound pulled at Atadin's sleeve again. "Okay, let's go girl." The dog took off and Atadin raced to follow, Guards in tow.

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Myrto caught the spear just before it hit him, holding on by an indentation in the shaft that he had apparently put there for him to use. He stumbled back a few steps from the force of the jab. He stared Davian down, and slowly began twisting it to the side.

Davian grunted, thankful that the man hadn't tried to yank it out if his hands, he wasn't sure he would have been able to keep a hold of that, but this slow twist was easy enough to hold on to. Davian shoved the spear forward again, trying to knock Myrto down.

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ok, just respond to this:

Fedrust stepped forward, following the girl, his swords cautiously out in front of him.

Just now, The Known Novel said:

Davian grunted, thankful that the man hadn't tried to yank it out if his hands, he wasn't sure he would have been able to keep a hold of that, but this slow twist was easy enough to hold on to. Davian shoved the spear forward again, trying to knock Myrto down.

Myrto fell, but held on tight, yanking the spear out of Davian's hand. He quickly got up and flipped it around, the began spinning it and slowly approaching Davian.

8 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

"Why, that is an excellent idea." He turned as several Guards came running out. In an experienced commander's voice, Atadin called out, "Okay men, we've got a Captain in some serious trouble. For all we know, he could be almost dead, so we're going as fast as we can. Everybody understand?"

The hound pulled at Atadin's sleeve again. "Okay, let's go girl." The dog took off and Atadin raced to follow, Guards in tow.

She followed the guards, annoyed that they had brushed her off. Great. More work. Because why would this be easy. It's not like I've dedicated my entire life to this invention or anything. She thought, extremely irritated.

12 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

Valence followed at a steady pace, keeping an eye on the woman who had joined them. He had heard her seeking to sell something, but he was not sure what specifically. As he jogged steadily to keep up with the guard, he settled his quiver and sheath more firmly, and as a precaution loosened his sword some in it's sheath.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, The Known Novel said:

Your character could fit pretty well as a preexisting watch member, maybe as a Captain or something sense they're the type of industrious lazy person that gets surprisingly high up.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

That sounds okay.

On 1/26/2023 at 0:31 AM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Myrto fell, but held on tight, yanking the spear out of Davian's hand. He quickly got up and flipped it around, the began spinning it and slowly approaching Davian.

Davian frowned at his inability to hold on. That sucked. But that lack of pain, had Branshin somehow Fleshbound him? That rock hadn't done nearly as much damage as it should have. Well, might as well test it. Davian charged forward without fear for his safety.

On 1/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, Random Bystander said:

She followed the guards, annoyed that they had brushed her off. Great. More work. Because why would this be easy. It's not like I've dedicated my entire life to this invention or anything. She thought, extremely irritated.

Atadin turned to look her over, then turned back to the following Fedrust's hound since she was setting a harsh pace.

On 1/26/2023 at 0:52 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Valence followed at a steady pace, keeping an eye on the woman who had joined them. He had heard her seeking to sell something, but he was not sure what specifically. As he jogged steadily to keep up with the guard, he settled his quiver and sheath more firmly, and as a precaution loosened his sword some in it's sheath.

Atadin looked toward Valence as he heard the sound of metal hitting metal and general sounds of fighting.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:21 PM, PyroPhile said:

Do you want to have joined them on their rescue mission.

General note to everyone: I'm going to have them arrive next turn, but if anyone's characters are paying attention they will probably hear them.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, The Known Novel said:

Davian frowned at his inability to hold on. That sucked. But that lack of pain, had Branshin somehow Fleshbound him? That rock hadn't done nearly as much damage as it should have. Well, might as well test it. Davian charged forward without fear for his safety.

Surprised at the thoughtless onslaught, Myrto ran him through with the spear, stumbling back a few steps. He was certain to twist and pull the spear to cause as much damage as possible.

@The Known Novel

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist