Compilation of Phrases, Dialogues or Statements written in Sanderson books (Cosmere or not Cosmere)

Cellit

Hello! (If my English is bad I'm Spanish, sorry).
To begin with, I discovered this forum today, although I have been after Sanderson for years, and as soon as I entered I could not stop investigating without pause, many things have caught my attention. To begin with, there is no forum where reflective Phrases, Prayers or dialogues taken from Sanderson's writings are published, so I open the topic so that all of you can post phrases that catch your attention and are thoughtful.

I'll leave a few below:

1- I don't know what I am either. Bridge man? Surgeon? Soldier? Slave? They are just labels. - Kaladin

2- No "historical tales". I spread knowledge of cultures, peoples, thoughts and dreams. -Sigzil

3- Kaladin watched him go, then cursed himself. -What happened? the windspren said, moving closer to him, head cocked. "I almost like him," Kaladin said, resting his head against the cage again. "But... after what he did..." Kaladin shrugged. —No, he said not to be a son of a slontze. He's just a nice son of a slontze.” She hesitated. Then he made a face. Those are the worst. When you kill them, you end up feeling guilty about it.

4- “How . . .” Dalinar said. “You fell into a chasm!”
       “I fell face-first, sir,” Kaladin said, “and fortunately, I’m particularly hard-headed.”

Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing -Dalinar Kholin, Stormlight Archive

Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know. -Wit, Stormlight Archive

They looked so dangerous, like alligators. Really fast alligators wearing black. Ninja alligators. -David Charleston, Steelheart

You should try not to talk so much my friend. You'll sound far less stupid that way. -Breeze Ladrian, Mistborn

This is a fun idea

"Belief?"

"Yes," Sazed said. "Tell me, Mistress. What is it that you believe?"

Vin frowned. "What kind of question is that?"

"The most important kind, I think."

And Vin liked solitude. When you're alone, no one can betray you.

Spoiler

Of course this is the best idea of all

Kelsier smiled.

'It means that you, Vin, are a very special person. You have a power that most high noblemen envy. It is a power that, had you been born an aristocrat, would have made you one of the most deadly and influential people in all of the final empire.'

Kelsier leaned forward again.

'But, you weren't born an aristocrat. You're not noble, Vin. You don't have to play by their rules and that makes you even more powerful.

33 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

"Fleet kept running." - Kaladin

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

"I am a stick."

"But you could be fire!"

- Some random stick, to Shallan

Dang, you got to the stick before me

"I have glowing that needs to be done!" -The Lopen

“Drehy,” Kaladin said, “you are literally courting a man.”
“So?” Drehy said.
“Yeah, what are you saying, Kal?” Skar snapped.
“Nothing! I just thought Drehy might empathize….”
“That’s hardly fair,” Drehy said.
“Yeah,” Lopen added. “Drehy likes other guys. That’s like … he wants to be even less around women than the rest of us. It’s the opposite of feminine. He is you could say extra manly."

2 hours ago, Cellit said:

Yes español, sabes español?

If you're always on time, it implies that you never have anything better you should be doing. -Kelsier

Sí, aunque no es mi idioma principal.

“I heard voices in my head once too, you know.” - Wayne

“You did?” - Wax

“Sure. Gave me a fright. I banged my head against the wall until I went unconscious. Never heard them again! Ha. Showed ’em good, I did. If rats move in, best thing to do is to burn the nest and send ’em packing.” - Wayne

“And the nest … was your head.” - Wax

“Yup.” - Wayne

• 4 weeks later...