58 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Alyxa jumped as a newcomer seemed to appear out of nowhere.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting, doesn't it...

Something Riki said struck her, though.

"Wait," she said. "You're looking for a rouge? As in, that rouge Talented?"

38 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I believe that is what they said."

"Yep, those two -" she pointed at the Warrior with a cane and at the Ranfast person - "were talking about it earlier."

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Alyxa jumped as a newcomer seemed to appear out of nowhere.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting, doesn't it...

Something Riki said struck her, though.

"Wait," she said. "You're looking for a rouge? As in, that rouge Talented?"

rogue*

"Listen. Maybe fifty thousand is a lot of aces, but that doesn't mean anything if we have to split it up a dozen ways."

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Listen. Maybe fifty thousand is a lot of aces, but that doesn't mean anything if we have to split it up a dozen ways."

"Maybe we should go talk about this somewhere else. Do you have a place we can talk or not?"

it's my bedtime and then some

g'night, see y'all tomorrow, and all that jazz

Edited by Tani

8 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Alyxa raised an eyebrow. "I don't think there is an average for an alleyway conversation. And if there is, it's between much shadier people than your bunch. And besides," she said, gesturing to the unconscious man, "this isn't the ideal place to take a nap. Facedown. Next to someone holding a cane. You might not be shady, but you are suspicious. So I'd like answers."

"My own. It's true that I occasionally work with the government or police. They find my skills highly useful. But I still work for myself." Alyxa shrugged. "I mean, it's true I have no hold over you. You don't have to tell me anything, if you don't want to. But," she walked a little closer to the group, "Anomalies fascinate me. When something doesn't fit the data, it means a story is there. And with you all gathered here? You clearly have a story. Perhaps only the start of one, but a story nonetheless. I just take the chance that you're nice enough to tell me."

"Maybe I have a limp and I need the cane. Maybe I just happened to walk in on him lying facedown, trying to get some shut-eye and haven't decided to leave him yet. Maybe he happened to be a robber that tried to take my valuables and I merely defended myself. Maybe he just needed a place to sleep for a bit, what with the working conditions nowadays." Kasha then shrugged, pursing her lips a bit. "Perhaps I'm not the one suspicious; after all, the one calling me and/or us the 'anomaly' happens to be the Xefic that's not following... well, their own cultural traditions, but I probably shouldn't pry into that. Might be personal, and we wouldn't want to get personal in an alleyway with our dear friend over here that's just trying to take a nap."

Kasha leaned in a little bit, tilting her head at the odd Xefic. "Probably for the best to keep that hush-hush for now, Alyxa Tantel––" She looked up at Alyxa's pixie cut, then down at her clothing "––well, as hush-hush as we can get," Kasha said, giving her a small wink.

4 hours ago, Tani said:

Warrior with a cane

Also, *Acrobat, not Warrior. She very much cannot enhance her mental stoofs; only physical stoofs.

7 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Kasha leaned in a little bit, tilting her head at the odd Xefic. "Probably for the best to keep that hush-hush for now, Alyxa Tantel––" She looked up at Alyxa's pixie cut, then down at her clothing "––well, as hush-hush as we can get," Kasha said, giving her a small wink.

Alyxa is also Xefic?

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“And perhaps you really ought to stop acting like you have the moral right-of-way when you’re the one beating people to unconsciousness and pulling guns on anything that moves.

"Perhaps no one here has the moral right-of-way."

7 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Alyxa is also Xefic?

Yep.

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“And perhaps you really ought to stop acting like you have the moral right-of-way when you’re the one beating people to unconsciousness and pulling guns on anything that moves.

"I think there's the confirmation I need on how suspicious you are," Alyxa said to Kasha.

8 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Perhaps I'm not the one suspicious; after all, the one calling me and/or us the 'anomaly' happens to be the Xefic that's not following... well, their own cultural traditions, but I probably shouldn't pry into that. Might be personal, and we wouldn't want to get personal in an alleyway with our dear friend over here that's just trying to take a nap."

"I never said I wasn't an anomaly," Alyxa said with a smirk. "I'm perfectly and fully aware that I'm acting very strangely for my ethnicity. It's funny how you'd pounce on my supposed hypocrisy so quickly, though...

"And I won't judge you too hard. Based on the knife close to that man's hand, I suppose he may have been attempting to rob you, in which case you were acting in self defense. And perhaps you assumed that he'll be in a better place then the streets once law enforcement comes and gets him. I can see your reasoning, and appreciate it."

She folded her arms. "I don't appreciate dishonesty, though. I need cold, hard facts to do what I do. And what I do is see things. Connections. Which means...I have the skills to help you find this rogue Talented. And I've been looking for an excuse to do so for a while, now."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I think there's the confirmation I need on how suspicious you are," Alyxa said to Kasha.

"I never said I wasn't an anomaly," Alyxa said with a smirk. "I'm perfectly and fully aware that I'm acting very strangely for my ethnicity. It's funny how you'd pounce on my supposed hypocrisy so quickly, though...

"And I won't judge you too hard. Based on the knife close to that man's hand, I suppose he may have been attempting to rob you, in which case you were acting in self defense. And perhaps you assumed that he'll be in a better place then the streets once law enforcement comes and gets him. I can see your reasoning, and appreciate it."

She folded her arms. "I don't appreciate dishonesty, though. I need cold, hard facts to do what I do. And what I do is see things. Connections. Which means...I have the skills to help you find this rogue Talented. And I've been looking for an excuse to do so for a while, now."

Then she'd definitely notice that Iduno has short hair

"Well, we seem to be gathering quite a team."

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I never said I did any of those options; I was only freely suggesting." Kasha tilted her head at the man. "Perhaps if you been around these alleys as long as I have, you would understand."

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Kasha clicked her tongue a couple times, winking as she pointed at Alyxa. "There you go; I like you. Finally someone who can at least try to see. I wasn't telling a fib, though; just providing more perspectives on the situation. With more perspectives, you have more understanding... or you're just more confused; no in between, unfortunately, from my experience, at least.

"Now––" Kasha set her cane down "––I'm not the leader of this band of misfits, and I know this has been mentioned before and I think I should emphasize on it, but we should probably get going before someone assumes the wrong of us: That we all helped our dear friend on the ground take a nap."

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I never said I did any of those options; I was only freely suggesting." Kasha tilted her head at the man. "Perhaps if you been around these alleys as long as I have, you would understand."

Kasha clicked her tongue a couple times, winking as she pointed at Alyxa. "There you go; I like you. Finally someone who can at least try to see. I wasn't telling a fib, though; just providing more perspectives on the situation. With more perspectives, you have more understanding... or you're just more confused; no in between, unfortunately, from my experience, at least.

"Now––" Kasha set her cane down "––I'm not the leader of this band of misfits, and I know this has been mentioned before and I think I should emphasize on it, but we should probably get going before someone assumes the wrong of us: That we all helped our dear friend on the ground take a nap."

Iduno nodded and stood up. "That's likely a good idea. Where are we going?"

4 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, we seem to be gathering quite a team."

"I wouldn't call it that..." Condipi muttered.

4 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Alright then." Condipi began to walk away. "Bye."

24 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Might as well head off," Alyxa said. "If we're really working together on this, we have no reason to wait. And besides...something tells me he won't be able to let this rest."

"Sure, let's go." He began walking after her. "So it is true you are also Xefic?"

On 1/22/2023 at 4:20 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I wouldn't call it that..." Condipi muttered.

"Alright then." Condipi began to walk away. "Bye."

On 1/22/2023 at 4:33 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Condipi wandered out into the streets and vanished into the crowd.

Riki chased after Ranfast, catching him by the elbow. "Where're you going?" she asked, curious. "And what's more interesting than hunting down a serial killer for a large bounty?" Her eyes grew round. "Oh... when I put it that way, maybe I don't want to help hunt down the rogue either. Serial killers are freaky."

Edited by Tani