1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Well, yeah. They might think it odd that a Xefic with amnesia is doing it again, but ya know ya know. It is what it is."

How exactly does one channel their Talent? I'm thinking he'd probably be able to use it if he were given an idea as to how, since he's already unlocked whatever magical potential.

"How does one take this test?"

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

How exactly does one channel their Talent? I'm thinking he'd probably be able to use it if he were given an idea as to how, since he's already unlocked whatever magical potential.

My idea behind it is that the Talented in question needs to be in a situation or doing something that triggers it.

An example would be Kasha herself. You might have noticed, but I'll say it anyways: Since she's an Exhilarated, she needs to be physically active in order to activate and channel her Talent, which was why she was bouncing on her heels and shifting around before she attacked the robber earlier. Because she did that, she was able to get her Stimulation going––or, her energy––and she was able to activate her Talent.

In Iduno/Lonzut's case, he would have to be around a lot of people or––more likely––he would have to want the world to believe that he is not there in order to stir his Fabrication to activate his Talent.

Does that make sense??

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"How does one take this test?"

"I mean––" she shrugged, scratching the back of her head "––you probably already took the test and already 'know,' in a sense, what your Talent is, so all we have to do is simulate situations where we could activate that."

Edited by Mystic Syn
For some reason, I thought he was a Trickster, so ignore my first comments

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I mean––" she shrugged, scratching the back of her head "––you probably already took the test and already 'know,' in a sense, what your Talent is, so all we have to do is simulate situations where we could activate that."

Cool, I think I get it. Also, I'm pretty sure I put him down as a Thief, not a Trickster, so he probably couldn't make that kind of illusion, right? What sort of situation would be necessary for his specific Talent?

"Right. But I assume there are several different situations that would need to be accounted for?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cool, I think I get it. Also, I'm pretty sure I put him down as a Thief, not a Trickster, so he probably couldn't make that kind of illusion, right? What sort of situation would be necessary for his specific Talent?

Ima refer you to my edited post, cos I had realized like 30 seconds ago that he wasn't a Trickster. I'm having a hard time remembering things, sorry ^^'

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Right. But I assume there are several different situations that would need to be accounted for?"

"Weeell," she muttered, tilting her head back and forth. "Yes, but yes."

Alyxa smiled to herself as she tucked her clipboard into her messenger bag. She'd just finished the last questionnaires for a survey of a quickly-growing neighborhood. Cross referencing that with the information her employees had gathered would certainly bring some interesting insights. 

There was something satisfying, even fun, about gathering and analyzing this kind of social data. It was more than just a job, though the money she acquired was certainly a benefit. No, the information was a reward in and of itself. Though considering her Talent directly related to this line of work, she supposed she was partially biased.

She walked through the busy streets, people bustling around her. Businesspeople in fine suits going to their next appointment, workers coming home from a productive day at their respective trades, parents taking children to shops to buy sweets or toys. A few horse-drawn carriages made their way through the central road, and Alyxa even saw a black automobile carefully weave through the busy street. She was glad that at least this driver took some measure of care; she'd seen far too many close calls with those machines, no matter how useful they were going to be once they were commonplace.

She loved it. So many people, just living. So many stories to tell. And one big story that all those little stories would tell together. That's what she was after.

And yet...there was something off about these people. They held a tension, hidden under the facade of a normal day. Most of them avoided each other, keeping their heads down, only greeting family or close friends. Parents kept their children close as they window shopped. Workers walked quicker than normal.

The rouge Talented. Alyxa barely had any information on the individual, but looking at the data...the effect was clear. And though Alyxa had been hired by the city to complete the survey on the growing neighborhood, part of her itched to look into the case.

She was sure she'd be able to find them, whoever they were.

Alyxa turned onto a side street, kept walking, then turned onto another street, less populated. A shortcut through a more shady part of the city to get to her office quicker. Alyxa was confident she could handle herself if things went downhill. She had her pistol, tucked carefully in her messenger bag.

As she walked, she got weird looks. She'd lived in this part of Validus for several years, so while many people knew her as a familiar face, those who were passing through or new in town were surprised to see a Xefic with short hair and clothing like hers. The Xefic had a very specific culture, and so seeing one with a pixie cut and trousers, boots, and a button up shirt with a leather overcoat was somewhat strange. Alyxa was used to it, by now. But she understood their confusion.

Weirdly, as she passed by one alleyway, she heard a conversation. Alyxa stopped.

A conversation in an alleyway...was certainly an anomaly. And anomalies fascinated her.

She carefully peered into the alleyway to see a group of figures in conversation. They were of various nationalities, and for some reason there was an unconscious man near them.

Even stranger, there was Xefic. 

Besides her family, Alyxa had only seen three other Xefic travellers in her life. One had been from a distance. The other two she'd talked to, and one had been horrified and angry that Alyxa had drifted so far from their culture, and the other had seemed to feel really sorry for her.

This Xefic, though, wore simple clothing, and his hair was cut short. Which Xefic didn't do unless they were a weird case like Alyxa.

Her curiosity brimming over, but her caution keeping her hand near her messenger bag and it's concealed pistol, Alyxa walked into the alleyway.

"I'm very curious, now," she said loudly. "What exactly is happening here?"

18 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He looked confused at this. "So, what should I do?"

"Well, if you are Exhilarated like me, you would have to move around; can't activate your Talent just by sitting down and doing nothing. I honestly can't remember what the other do, but I know that the Imaginative have to do something creative or blah blah blah, something sneaky and probably illegal for the Deceptive, thinking something good or want peace and love and whatever for the Counselors, and something smart thingy for the Scholars."

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I'm very curious, now," she said loudly. "What exactly is happening here?"

Without hesitation, Kasha whipped out her side-pistol, aiming down the silver sights at the new Xefic. Short hair, like Iduno or whatever his actual name is or was. Apparently... interesting. She quickly looked the newcomer up and down, tapping her cane a few times before smiling and sliding the pistol in her holster.

"Just your average alley conversation," Kasha replied cheerfully. Her gaze then flicked to the unconscious robber. "Don't mind him. He's just taking a nap right now."

54 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Well, if you are Exhilarated like me, you would have to move around; can't activate your Talent just by sitting down and doing nothing. I honestly can't remember what the other do, but I know that the Imaginative have to do something creative or blah blah blah, something sneaky and probably illegal for the Deceptive, thinking something good or want peace and love and whatever for the Counselors, and something smart thingy for the Scholars."

"None of those seem particularly easy to accomplish."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

3 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

Without hesitation, Kasha whipped out her side-pistol, aiming down the silver sights at the new Xefic. Short hair, like Iduno or whatever his actual name is or was. Apparently... interesting. She quickly looked the newcomer up and down, tapping her cane a few times before smiling and sliding the pistol in her holster.

"Just your average alley conversation," Kasha replied cheerfully. Her gaze then flicked to the unconscious robber. "Don't mind him. He's just taking a nap right now."

"H-hey..." Condipi reached out to gently push Kasha's firearm aside, "heyyyy. Let's... not shoot at people."

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Unless I've forgotten all social norms, it's also impolite to sneak up on people."

"Sorry," Alyxa said. "Perhaps it is. At least I didn't eavesdrop, which I was honestly considering."

6 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

Alyxa raised an eyebrow. "I don't think there is an average for an alleyway conversation. And if there is, it's between much shadier people than your bunch. And besides," she said, gesturing to the unconscious man, "this isn't the ideal place to take a nap. Facedown. Next to someone holding a cane. You might not be shady, but you are suspicious. So I'd like answers."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Sorry," Alyxa said. "Perhaps it is. At least I didn't eavesdrop, which I was honestly considering."

Alyxa raised an eyebrow. "I don't think there is an average for an alleyway conversation. And if there is, it's between much shadier people than your bunch. And besides," she said, gesturing to the unconscious man, "this isn't the ideal place to take a nap. Facedown. Next to someone holding a cane. You might not be shady, but you are suspicious. So I'd like answers."

"Under what authority?" Iduno looked surprised at himself.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Under what authority?" Iduno looked surprised at himself.

"My own. It's true that I occasionally work with the government or police. They find my skills highly useful. But I still work for myself." Alyxa shrugged. "I mean, it's true I have no hold over you. You don't have to tell me anything, if you don't want to. But," she walked a little closer to the group, "Anomalies fascinate me. When something doesn't fit the data, it means a story is there. And with you all gathered here? You clearly have a story. Perhaps only the start of one, but a story nonetheless. I just take the chance that you're nice enough to tell me."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"My own. It's true that I occasionally work with the government or police. They find my skills highly useful. But I still work for myself." Alyxa shrugged. "I mean, it's true I have no hold over you. You don't have to tell me anything, if you don't want to. But," she walked a little closer to the group, "Anomalies fascinate me. When something doesn't fit the data, it means a story is there. And with you all gathered here? You clearly have a story. Perhaps only the start of one, but a story nonetheless. I just take the chance that you're nice enough to tell me."

"Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely certain. You'll have to ask them."

Riki sat in the shadows against the wall, listening, wondering if she wanted to involve herself. It sounded lucrative - and interesting. More so than what she normally did. Throwing caution to the wind, she dropped the illusion of empty darkness around her and spoke up. "If you didn't want eavesdroppers, you shoulda picked a better place to talk." She shrugged, nonchalant.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

And there was another one.

"Hello. Hi. Who are you and what do you want?"

"I'm Riki, and I want something interesting to do. I don't think that the level of danger I'm in will change depending on whether I help or not, and helping sounds interesting, so..." She shrugged again, smiling slightly. "Who're you? Also, is there someplace we can go to talk about this wild rogue hunt without eavesdroppers? More of them, anyway?"

19 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Alyxa jumped as a newcomer seemed to appear out of nowhere.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting, doesn't it...

Something Riki said struck her, though.

"Wait," she said. "You're looking for a rouge? As in, that rouge Talented?"

"I believe that is what they said."