Greetings, my guys, gals, and my non-binary pals!

Welcome, one and all, to a rebooted role-play created by yours truly that probably took so long that I will never get those hours back! I had meant for this to be my 2,000th post, but I decided to be lazy and just not do it and post some art instead, which I am fairly happy that it's my 2,000th and this is basically just another post because I wanted to reboot it into something different and actually good unlike the original.

Anyways, what am I talking about? I'm talking about my world of Kasjadu! I'm not going to tell y'all the name of the other role-play because it is bad and I don't want to look at it, or I will be hard on myself and I don't want that. But I actually went through an old worldbuilding doc I had of Kasjadu because I was bored and just wanted to know why I was passionate about it a little bit ago, and I cringed realized how much I absolutely loved the world and the magic system I created and thought that it was a shame that I basically threw it in the corner after the original role-play flopped and people tended to be drawn to my Zvso world more which I should probably get back to sooner or later.

So,, here it is! New and improved, 'cause I am not going back to that original role-play ((: This time around, though, ima let y'all let me know what y'all want to do in the world. Of course, I will list some suggestions I think would be nice or to just get some creative juices flowing to come up with a better plot. Lemme know if y'all wanna be part of a PM where we can organize the chaos into an idea that we can work with.

Now lemme say this first: Don't let me be the only one holding the plot or things to move y'all along. Not only am I not active a whole lot to keep up with that and make sure that everything is okay, but that puts a lot of stress on me that I don't need at this point, so that's why I'm asking y'all what you want to do and why I have suggestions of the main idea of this role-play. People didn't really let me know what we were doing in the Zvso role-play, and you can see how that's been going loll. A role-play is supposed to be collaborative writing; not one person spoon-feeding people plot.. and yes, also the fact that I'll be going to serve a mission for my church within the next few months and I won't be here to keep y'all going plays an important factor in this.

Let's be honest for a second, though: This role-play will most likely crash and burn like the original did.. but at least it has better graphics–– I mean, writing -w-

Setting

Spoiler

This role-play is set in the world of Kasjadu, a world similar to our own geographically. Kasjadu is set in the same universe as that of Zvso; not in the same system, though. The time period that this specific role-play is set in is just coming out of post-industrial. They are moving along fast in technology, but they have not hit the technological point that we are at. 

They have gunpowder, but guns have not become a household item, but one for the rich to have. Most people still use anime blades, but they are switching to muskets and flintlocks. Automobiles are around, but they are mostly for the rich; horse-drawn carriages are still being used, but they are surely being upgraded to automobiles.

It has a total of three continents, but we’re going to be focusing on one for now: Huyat. Since I assume that most people would like to role-play as different sorts of people of Kasjadu, our role-play will be set in the City Region of Validus.

Validus

Spoiler

The City Region in between almost all the other Regions; the city is between the borders of the Kelijah, Western and Eastern Ikuyo. It holds only the smallest borders from the four following Regions: Kelijah, Honqip, Western and Eastern Ikuyo. The older buildings of the city are built from granite from the mountain range, although the newer ones have been built out of wood and miscellaneous materials. Some believe that it was the first city to be built in the continent, but others believe it came to be when the rulers of the other Regions had sent settlers to that general area of the land. The people there are very diverse, and can come from anywhere and no one will question. There are, of course, some language barriers between the newer and older members of the city.

People: People from all Regions are represented here in one form or another; there are also cross-racial people or people that come from mixed family lines. There is no set in stone original people of this city; only people from any Region.

Culture: They are accepting of newcomers and generally welcome them with open arms. Though the city is so big that not everyone can keep track of every single new person that visits or moves in, they still try their best regardless of how impossible it might seem. Either than that, they keep to themselves and celebrate with Region they or their parents come from in their own little ways. There is a common language used there named Validus, which is a modge-podge of all of the Mainland Regions into one.

In other words, think of it as a post-industrial American city, like post-industrial New York City or something like that.

Races

Spoiler

Kelijah [kel-e-HAH]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Kelijahians, often described to be a stoic people. They are relatively tall, and have the complexion of chiseled stone, also having more grayish skin tones. They have orange lines tracing along the whole of their bodies in their own unique patterns––although family members have very similar patterns––as if there was magma beginning to burst from stone. They have slightly pointed ears; either than that, they are humanoid. They often have lighter shades of hair, ranging from a light gray to an off-white. Their eyes hold no pupil; their color ranges from bright orange to a deep red. They are resistant to the cold, as well as some poisons due to their stone-like features.

Culture: They are a stoic and boisterous people, not afraid to let people know about their successes. Though they can be headstrong and stubborn, they are loyal to a fault; they are the ones people want most by their side in a battle. They may have towns and villages dotted everywhere in the Region, but they all treat each other like family when they do get together. No matter the distance or how long they’ve seen each other, they always have each others' backs.

Honqip [hon-QUIP]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Honqip. The Honqip are reserved people, only using their weapons to defend themselves. They are fairly tall compared to some of the other Regions’ inhabitants, being only slightly smaller than the Kelijahians by a few inches on average. They have a lighter complexion and skin tone, having long, yet smooth features. Their hair color can range from a dark chestnut brown to a raven black; they keep their hair on the longer side as a part of their culture, no matter if they are male or female. Their eyes are more often almond-shaped and often stay in the lighter shades, ranging from light greens to blues.

Culture: When it came to war, they defended their home with vigor and never let one of their enemies into their lands. The Honqip keep a sense of honor with their families as well as their lands, protecting them to their dying breath. They seem to have some resentment towards the Kelijahians for past wars over the Yuhji Mountain Range, but do not let that get in the way of their duty. They kept their hair long as a sign of respect to their ancestors for the gift that they had given them through what is their hair; cutting it would be a sign of dishonor.

West Ikuyo [EYE-ku-yo]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Western Ikuyoians. The Western Ikuyoians are fearless and a bit brave, but they sometimes look down on other regions’ cultures. They are an average-sized people, being only a foot or two smaller than the Keljahians. They have a dark complexion and variety of brown skin tones; their skin comes in as dark scales––as one would find on a reptile––and they appear on almost every part of the body, face included. They can have a range of horns on their head (straight, a bit curled, etc.) and are a sign of their age and status in their culture. They have darker shades of hair––usually on the more curly side––ranging from dark rich browns to deep blacks. Their eye color can have shades that range from yellow to pure gold, and often enough one will find warmth in them. They also have longer canine teeth that resemble a serpent’s fangs. They have evolved to survive weeks without water.

Culture: They are a civilized and delightful people, and often a bit of snobs when it comes to other cultures and especially have rivalry towards the Eastern Ikuyoians. Their horns are a sign of their status in society and age: The longer they are, the older they are; the more extravagant the decorations on their horns (e.g., jewelry), the higher their status is. They can be more judgey than some of the other cultures, but when they feel threatened in any way, shape, or form, they will fight back viciously and with little to no mercy.

East Ikuyo [EYE-ku-yo]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Eastern Ikuyoians. The Eastern Ikuyoians are trustworthy, yet ambitious people and have rivalry with the Western Ikuyoian people. They are taller than the average Huyatian, but not as tall as the Honqip or Kelijahians. They have light, yet not too light complexions and have lighter skin tones. They have different shades of blonde for hair, some of them coming in a dark dirty blonde and ranging to an almost pure white; they keep their hair long, no matter if they are male or female, as a sign of status in their culture. Their eye color mostly consists of shades of blue, with the rare cases of green. Some legends state that all of the Eastern Ikuyoian people used to grow feathered wings and it was a sign of their age and status, but most of the people don’t; the rare cases of people having those wings are often sent to the capital to be protected.

Culture: Like their western cousins, they are a civilized people, but they are the ones that the rest of the regions would want to be beside rather than against. Because of their rivalry with West Ikuyo, they feel the need to prove themselves and show people that they can succeed in whatever thing that they can put their mind to. Since Eastern Ikuyoians do not grow wings anymore, they show their status with their hair: The longer it is, the higher your status is in society and the more respected you are. They take special care of their hair, seeing it as a legacy that must be preserved for the generations of posterity to come.

Qeoub [key-OOMB]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Qeoubese. The Qeoubese are a calm and collective people, finding their joy in their island away from the main continent. They are average-sized people, like their ancestors, but they are smaller than Western Ikuyoians on average by more than a few inches. They still have the scales like their ancestors, not as prominent as the Western Ikuyoians, though. They have a slightly lighter skin tone than the Western Ikuyoians, but still have shades of brown. Their horns grow to be smaller than the Western Ikuyoians; however, they are not a mark of status, but of only age. Their hair color ranges from a light chestnut to a rich brown. Their eye color mostly consists of deep amber and similar shades to that, the exception of that being yellow.

Culture: They seem to think to find any joy in Huyat, they would have to live and stay in Qeoub for their entire lives. Since the Qeoub founders were originally Western Ikuyoian, they hold some resentment towards the land due to the slavery that the Western Ikuyoians had put them under. Besides their resentment towards their ancestors, they are a kind people and empathize easily with others. Their hair length is a sign of age in their society: The longer the horns are, the older they are––though, they do not get as long as a Western Ikuyoian’s horns.

Dexoc [dex-OCK]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Dexoc. The Dexoc are a patient people, but often can be cynical. They are slightly shorter people than people from the main continent; shorter than even the Qeoubese on average by a few inches (about five or more). They have slightly tanned complexions, having slightly darker skin tones than those of the Honqip or Eastern Ikyuoians; slightly lighter than the Qeoubese and Western Ikuyoians. Their hair color can range from a light brown to a deep rich mahogany; their hair color can be compared to the Qeoubese and Western Ikuyoians. Their eye color mostly consists of light and dark browns, like a light peanut color to a dark chocolate color.

Culture: They taught themselves to be patient ever since they cut ties with the Eastern Ikuyoians. They hold some resentment to the Eastern Ikuyoians, but not as much as the Qeoubese hold to the Western Ikuyoians; the Dexoc still trade and communicate with their once oppressors. Though they can be patient with those around them, they often can be cynical towards others and even each other at times.

Fujak [fu-ZAHK]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Fujakians. The Fujakians are a kind people and wouldn’t turn anyone away, but they would protect their land and family to the last if they had to. They are medium-sized people and are fairly average sized compared to the other Regions; not as tall as the Honqip or the Western Ikuyoians. They have slightly tanned skin tones, their skin tones coming in more metallic shades ranging from light gold to dark bronze shades. They have metallic colors for their hair, such as silver and copper. Their eye colors mostly consist of bright golds to dark bronzes, similar to those one would find on precious metals. They are often found wearing a lot of metal, such as with piercings and metallic jewelry, which is associated with their culture and who they are as a person.

Culture: They love the sense of adventure and discovering new things. They welcome those who come their way with open arms, and often allow them to join them on their adventure. They wear a lot of metal (through piercings, jewelry, etc.) to show what kinds or perhaps how many personal adventures they have been on; the more metals they wear on themselves, the more and different kinds of adventures they have been on.

Xefic [ZAY-fick]

Spoiler

The people who are born and live in the Region are called Xefic. The Xefic are mysterious people, and not much of their personalities is known to the rest of the world. They are tall people; they are as tall as the Kelijahians on average, if not an inch or two taller. They have dark complexions, their skin tones ranging from a dark violet to a pitch black with speckles of white scattered all over their bodies, their faces included; almost like a galaxy painted with stars. They have long pointed ears, and are often pierced with more than a few earrings as a sign of status. Their hair color ranges from rich violets, really dark blues, and in some cases white; they keep their hair long, no matter if they are male or female as a part of their culture. Their eye colors can range from the same shades as their hair, with more emphasis on the whites and violets.

Culture: There are not that many that roam the world, but the few that do are often wanderers in search of knowledge of the other Regions. From the few individuals people have come in contact with, they were precise and strict people; they always try their best to always be on time and never a minute early or late. They keep their hair long as a sign of their own self-esteem, self-respect, and sense of belonging in their culture; it is a sign of their own individuality. When their ears are decorated with more earrings, it usually means that they hold a higher class in their society.

Magic

Spoiler

The magical folk of the continent of Kasjadu with the Talent within them to do whatever their Purpose drives them to do. Each of the Talented falls under one of the listed categories below: The Imaginative, the Exhilarated, the Deceptive, the Intellectuals, and the Counselors. Each of the Talented are a part of one of the subgroups listed beneath the categories; they may have some talent with some of the subgroups of the same or other categories, but will not have any magical power––or Talent––concerning them.

Everyone has Talent; the only thing holding people back from tapping into the Talents within them is trying to find whatever their Talents specialize in. It is then up to them whether or not they will practice that Talent, because only constant and daily practice causes a Talented to grow more strong in their Talent.

Imaginative

Spoiler

These are the people who make any piece of art with their own hands or voices. They use their energy––or, their Creativity––to make their art come to life. They use their Creativity to come up with something to create into reality. 

Their workplaces for where they can use their Creativity to the fullest can be their bedrooms, their offices, or even the outdoors; but they will need to be in there to come up with the best ideas or they need to have their work––such as sketchbooks, pen and paper, or instruments with them––for their Creativity to work at its fullest. Some, if not most of the Imaginative get around this by making their workplaces attached to their tools to make their pieces of art, like pencils and pens or musical instruments. The place where they can work their Creativity to the fullest has to be a place that they are fully comfortable with, so they can be calm enough to create something. 

There seem to be more Imaginative in these times––at least, more people willing to claim themselves to be an Imaginative––but they are still fairly uncommon compared to the rest of the Talented.

There are three known subgroups for the Imaginative:

• Artists –– The people who make just about anything their imagination––or, their Creativity––allows them through visual art, like sculpting, drawing, or painting. It needs to be specific, or it may turn out to be something that they wouldn’t want; an example of specificity is sculpting an animal with every detail as accurate as possible or close to accurate, otherwise it wouldn’t work as well. They use their Creativity to make the impossible seem possible, even if it takes a bit of their Creativity. Depending on how big their project is and how trained they are, they can use a lot or a little bit of their Creativity on the pieces of art they make.
  • Authors –– The people who create anything through what they write or say through their Creativity; however, like with the Artists, they need to be specific in what they write/say, because it can create the result to be something completely different than what they were going for. They use their Creativity through words, and it can take a lot of Creativity for them to do so. It takes a lot of concentration for them to at least say the words in a comprehensible sentence, and it takes a lot of Creativity for them to create the thing they wish to come to existence.
  • Musicians –– The people who can change their environment or the emotions of others through the music they play or sing. They are fairly similar to Authors with being specific of what emotions or environment they want, but rather than just saying it, it needs to be done through song. Through the little Creativity they use when humming a simple tune or the large amounts of Creativity used through an instrument or a singing piece, they can change what the emotions of others are like and change the people’s views on the environment around them; most of the time, it can be subtle. It can go either way when using Creativity, but usually the small things value small results and large value to large results.

Exhilarated

Spoiler

These are the people that shine in situations that require physical exertion, meaning that their passion and Talent resides there. They use their energy boosts––or, their Stimulation––to enhance their physical (and in some cases, mental) abilities to use them to either react or think faster for a brief amount of time. 

Their Stimulation can be in the wilds of Kasjadu, to have a rush of adrenaline for the heck of it, to help themselves get out of undesirable situations, or out on the battlefield. They can find their Stimulation by being physically active; if they are sitting around doing nothing, then they cannot activate their Stimulation.

They are one of, if not the most common Talented out there, and are often found in any crowd. They are often what make up the armies of any nation on Kasjadu and especially in Huyat.

There are three known subgroups for the Exhilarated:

• Warriors –– These are your run-of-the-mill people one would find either in local street gangs or in the military. They can react faster in any type of situation, especially if they have a weapon in their hand, but they will also be fine if they don’t have one in their hands at the moment; they can also make themselves react faster to situations if need be. Their Stimulation only comes in short bursts––about two to five minutes for an exact time––which enhances their physical and mental reactions to just about anything. They are the ones that are probably the most common, and are often valued in any type of situation.
  • Acrobats –– The people who use their Stimulation for more physical rather than mental, and can use it for longer rather than Warriors’ short bursts of Stimulation. They can use their Stimulation to only have one attribute they wish enhanced (e.g., moving more fluidly); this, though, will leave them more exhausted if they continue to use their Stimulation. There will often be one or two in each military squad or thieving crew to do more of the physical work. They are the ones that are mostly sprinkled in the common folk; it would not be hard to find them in a crowd if one were to look for them.
  • Survivors –– The people who use their Stimulation to have themselves be conscious and perceptive of their surroundings, and in some cases are able to survive longer than the regular Huyatian. Their Talents truly shine in the wilderness or at least the outdoors; although, they are often the ones people will find still making their living on the streets and in the slums. Their Stimulation can be “on” almost all the time, but it takes training for a Survivor to be able to use their Talent outside of their element. One can find them living alone or with others of their kind, mostly in the slums; they are a fairly common Talented people can find.

Deceptive

Spoiler

These are the people who use either their charisma or even their surroundings––or, their Fabrication––to create some sort of lie (either spoken or visual) to achieve the thing they want. Their Fabrication comes from telling falsehoods––either to others or to themselves––making themselves appear someone completely different than who they really are. 

They use their Fabrication to have people do what they want, believe what they want them to believe, or even take what they want to take. Usually, the Deceptive have very subtle ways of using their Fabrication; it can go either way of a simple action taking a lot of Fabrication or a similar action, but with minor changes can use a lot of Fabrication. They are often thought of as “evil” or “grifters” of sorts, but some, if not most of them are not even aware that they are tapping into their Fabrication to do the things that they do.

They can be almost anyone and it is hard to determine how many you can find in a crowd, but there is usually a good hefty handful in every large crowd.

There are three known subgroups for the Deceptive:

• Charismatics –– The people who use their Fabrication to convince others, and sometimes even themselves, of whatever falsehood they want them to believe. They are the ones who are more likely to help people with self-esteem issues try to get over them; they are also more likely to be the “grifters” of the bunch and would rather talk their way into getting what they want instead of using brute force. After practice, holding a Fabrication on themselves or another can become second nature to the Charismatic, but they are usually not granted their desired item right away, unless the person is very susceptible to believing lies. They are fairly uncommon compared to some of the other Talented; one would usually find them either swindling people of their loose change or helping other people feel better about themselves.
  • Thieves (Thief, sing.) –– The people who can cause themselves to disappear within crowds, and most often find themselves with more goods than what they originally planned for. They use their Fabrication to cloak themselves in a shroud of darkness that makes it more difficult to see––not impossible, for it can be perceived if one is trained to find them––for a limited amount of time, which average is about five to ten minutes; not even the most trained of Thieves can keep themselves hidden for long. They use their Fabrication to find their way into the toughest of keeps, finding the precious treasures that the owner was sure that had been locked up tight. They are common amongst the streets and cities, and often find themselves in positions of power on the streets or working for those in power whether they be from the streets or in political power.
  • Tricksters –– The people who can use their Fabrication to create illusions with the snap of a finger. They use their Fabrication to create what they want the world around them to see, whether that be for themselves or for someone else is up to them; they can change their own and others appearance in large or perhaps small ways. The illusions do not last for long; only as long as the Tricksters are using their Fabrication. Depending on how well trained the Trickster is, one can keep an illusion up as long as there is some sort of audience. They are also fairly common to find; there are usually a good dozen of them in every large body of people.

Intellectuals

Spoiler

These are the people that use their own intellect––or, their Knowledge––to their advantage. Their Knowledge comes from the places where one can receive learning (e.g., the library), and they can grow their Knowledge the more they keep studying and learning more about certain subjects. 

They use it for their own purposes, claiming that it is for the greater good; at least, it is the greater good in their eyes, and usually it is. They usually use their Knowledge to help make the world improve itself, by either furthering technology or fixing structure design that might not be working out for people anywhere in the world. Most of them are thought to be heartless, but their only intention is to improve their little piece of the world into something that can last for lifetimes to come.

They are uncommon, which makes them highly valued by politicians and even leaders of the regions, having them be close whenever they face a problem; they are usually some of the chief advisors of politicians and leaders.

There are three known subgroups in the Intellectuals:

• Scholars –– The people who teach the people of their Region or go out and learn more about a specific subject; they are also the ones that leaders have on call to research anything that may be important to them. For a short amount of time, they can use their Knowledge to boost their learning capacity or their capacity to explore more ideas that can change the future. They are capable of teaching subjects that sometimes they don’t even know about until they start to teach it while tapping into their Knowledge. They make the unknown known, and that is part of the reason they are considered to be very valuable. There are usually a good handful of Scholars in a large crowd, and most of them usually like keeping to themselves.
  • Strategists –– The people who are at the planning table when the Regions are at war, and are often found in the back of the battlefield; or, they are usually the ones making the plans in cities and Regions to either build something new or improve on something already there. Most, if not all of the Regions’ rulers do not go far into different Regions without at least one Strategist, and often go to them for advice on upcoming plans. They are capable of seeing almost every possibility of any plan that they make or is presented to them. It can be overwhelming at times, and it takes a lot of practice to see almost all the possibilities without going insane; but with the necessary practice, they are often one of the Regions’ ruler’s right hand people. They are fairly rare to find amongst the Talented; more rare to find one that has actually practiced their Talent.
  • Designers –– The people who are the ones that use their Knowledge to actually create sound objects and buildings. Most, if not all of them have the ability to see the blueprints in front of them and can interact with them to some greater or lesser degree without actually having something there; they can add or remove anything from those blueprints and still figure out how to work and make the building or structure into something they wish it to be. It can take a lot of Knowledge to interact and even come up with the blueprints, and they need to be in a place where they are able to have access to something that will represent a building. There are a good handful in each Region, the leaders having them work on any buildings that they want to work on. They are by no means rare, but they are also not entirely common either.

Counselors

Spoiler

Note: Though these Talented are rare, I'm not saying that you can't be one. However, if there is more than one person wanting to be one, then we're going to have to dial it down.

These are the people that many leaders go to when they are faced with a choice that will either affect their Region or even perhaps the entire world; it is generally considered law to listen to their advice and follow through with it to the best of their ability. Counselors use their calming energy––or, their Intuition––to heal those that have been wounded physically or spiritually, see people for who they are and perhaps who they can be, or foresee into the future in some cases. 

Their Intuition comes from within themselves and the calmness that they achieve, and it can be through their mediation spots or the outdoors that they most likely live in. They go into a meditation and tap into their Intuition to perhaps foresee the possible future or heal the wounded. They need their Intuition to be able to foresee or heal anything.

They are the rarest of all the Talented in Kasjadu; only a handful living in the land, but mostly in secluded places. Once one is found through tests children take at the age of ten, they are taken by law to secluded places where they can hone their abilities.

There are three known subgroups for the Counselors:

• Spiritualists –– The people who are most connected with the spiritual side of Talents, seeing their innermost thoughts and in some cases, what they could become. They use their Intuition to better connect with the spirits of all people, not just the Talented; more often than not, they would have to come in physical contact to make a Connection. After they have used their ability, they tend to have more empathy with those whom they have Connected with. They are more likely to have their Intuition “on” at all times, at least trying to make Connections with other people. Out of all the Counselors, they are more uncommon.
  • Healers –– The people who can heal physical, emotional, and mental injuries. They use their Intuition to heal the injuries of others, no matter how grevious the wound may be. They need to be in a calm state to heal, lest the injury will get worse. Depending on how severe the wound may be, it takes a little or almost all of their Intuition to heal (e.g., a small cut might result in using a little Intuition and a big gash might result in using a huge amount of Intuition). The individual Healer will specialize in one aspect to heal, like one would heal emotional wounds while another would heal physical. Out of all the Counselors, they are the more common of the three.
  • Prophet –– There is only one Prophet in every generation; they usually don’t manifest their abilities till after the previous Prophet has passed, and they often manifest their abilities at the age of ten like everyone else. They use their Intuition to foresee the future for the whole world. Depending on how much they trained with their Intuition, it can take quite the effort on their part to try and glimpse into the future. They need to be calm and in a meditative state to receive any foresight for Huyat. Out of all the Counselors, they are the rarest; even out of all the Talented.

Plot/Backstory

Spoiler

A rogue Talented is on the loose in Validus; said to be using their Talent to either harm or murder others, though no one is quite sure as to how they would be able to do such a thing or even what Talent they have. The harmony of the City Region is being disrupted whenever the rogue Talented does any sort of crime. The High Autarch has placed a hefty bounty on their head; try and find a group of people that is at least a little bit competent at finding people and bring them together to find this rogue and bring them to justice.

Characters/Template

Spoiler

Blank Character Template

Spoiler

Name:

Pronouns:

Nationality:

Appearance:

Personality:

Talent and Type:

Backstory (optional):

Misc:

NerdyArakocra: Qidema

Spoiler

Name: Qidema

Pronouns: They/them

Nationality: Qeoub

Appearance: Light brown scales, tinted bronze. Wears a light blue tunic and cloak. 

Personality: Kind and affable, though rather reserved.

Talent and Type: Imaginative: Music.

Backstory (optional): Not actually very traumatic.

Misc: I actually wanted to play a fairly sane character for once \_(o_o)_/.

ChannelknightFadran: Condipi Ranfast (or Dip, sometimes)

Spoiler

Name: Condipi Ranfast - goes by Dip sometimes

Pronouns: He/Him (bio male)

Nationality: Mother was Fujak, father was Honquip

Appearance: Almost perfectly average in height, with short and choppy bright silver hair. His skin is a somewhat darkish color (though not by much), and his eyes are bright blue (they're not from either of his parents; they would tease him by saying he's adopted sometimes).

Personality: He's... nice.

Talent and Type: Imaginative - Artist

Backstory (optional): man idk

Misc: What weapon to pick... what weapon to pick....

Mystic Syn: Kasha Nallei

Spoiler

Name: Kasha Nallei

Pronouns: She/Her

Nationality: Fujakian

Appearance: I did a quick drawing last night before going to bed, but ima add a description anyways: She has short silver hair that glistens slightly when under any sort of light, and has bright gold eyes that always seems to be full of some sort of playfulness. Her skin is a bronze-ish hue, shining with a little bit of metallic light, much like her hair. She stands at a rough 5' 6" (167 cm). She often wears a slimming brown overcoat that fits her lithe figure and slim ankle-high brown boots with a red vest and white button-up underneath. She has a lot of ear piercings with many earrings, with a few lip and eyebrow piercings too; she also wears a few silver and bronze rings, necklaces, and bracelets at times.

Spoiler

63c848d8f3857_kashanallei.jpeg.85c188c7f14528c98e920329fd02686b.jpeg

Personality: Excitable and fairly happy for the most part; her personality sometimes does a complete flip when she appears to get into a fight or when things go according to her plan. She keeps her personality aloof for outside appearances, but she is always planning and fairly strategic.

Talent and Type: Exhilarated: Acrobat 

Backstory (optional): Uh,, idk rn. Probs something angsty and tragic like all my other characters, I'm sure.

Misc: She has a side-revolver with some engravings and a long silver barrel, and carries around a cane to do some wacky-wacky before doing shooty-shooty.

The Aspiring Archivist: Lonzut

Spoiler

Okay, here goes. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it.

This one's gonna have memory loss.

Name: Lonzut (but he doesn't know that)

Pronouns: He/Him

Nationality: Xefic (But he--- okay you get it)

Appearance: Tall, even for his people. Deep violet skin, deep blue hair that is cut short, unlike what is typical for his race. Eyes are a similar shade to hair.

Personality: Thoughtful, but confused. Generally mellow.

Talent and Type: Deceptive - Theif

Backstory (optional): Worked in thieving groups and lost the respect of most of his fellow Xefic. Some sort of accident or injury results in complete memory loss.

Misc: He had pretty much nothing on him, when first found he looks like he was just dumped there.

Tani: Riki

Spoiler

Name: Riki

Pronouns: She/her (bio girl)

Nationality: Her mother was an Eastern Ikuyoian, her father a Western Ikuyoian.

Appearance: Blue eyes with gold flecks, short dark brown hair, light brown scaly skin, long, sharp canines. She's a little taller than most people, and always wears some type of long cloak, collecting them almost like a wealthy noblewoman collects jewelry. She uses her Talent and cloaks to conceal her horns and wings. Her horns are a little less than a handspan long and are an almost glossy black.

Personality: Very bubbly. Loves to laugh. She's a tomboy, and doesn't trust the city guards.

Talent and Type: Deceptive - Trickster

Backstory (optional): She was born with wings, but was not sent to the Capitol for protection because she also had horns. Instead, she was exiled. She grew up begging and stealing on the streets of Validus.

Misc: She's naturally good at singing, and sometimes hums or sings snatches of the songs running through her head. She mostly fights with knives, but if you searched her you wouldn't find more than three of them.

The Bookwyrm: Alyxa Tantel

Spoiler

Name: Alyxa Tantel

Nationality: Xefic

Appearance: Moderate height, not overtly tall, but by no means short, either. She's in good shape; even though her work involves lots of paperwork, she tries to get field experience in whenever possible. Black skin speckled with interesting patterns of "stars". Her dark blue hair is unnaturally short for her race, kept in a style similar to a pixie cut. Her eyes are the same shade as her hair. She likes to wear simple, utilitarian clothing; button shirts or blouses with trousers and boots, always in simple colors. Sometimes something fancier if occasion demands it. The only accessories that actually seem like something a Xefic would wear are her earrings, which are made of white gemstones and glitter like constellations.

Personality: Alyxa is a kind person at her core, but sometimes comes out as forceful to those she doesn't get along with. She's outspoken and determined, hard-working, and self-reliant. For a living, she analyzes various types of data and statistics from the population, and then, using her talent, she is able to deduce facts that are helpful to the government, law enforcement, and occasionally, bounty hunters. If possible, she likes to go out and gather her own information in the field. Sometimes, the field is dangerous, and thus Alyxa is fairly proficient with firearms; she has a pistol, but prefers to use her rifle if possible.

Talent and Type: Strategist, Intellectual

Backstory: Alyxa's grandparents were Xefic who, for whatever reason, ended up leaving their society to travel the world. They held fast to some traditions, but others faded over the decades. Her parents were born out of Xefic society, and so their only taste of the culture came through their upbringing. Not everything filtered through. Alyxa's parents were also travelers for many years, until they met in Validus, fell in love, and decided to settle and start a family. Alyxa, her elder brother, and her younger sister, now three generations removed from the Xefic homeland, retained very little of their culture, including the general Xefic attitude towards hair. Alyxa inherited the earrings from her mother's mother, and they're the biggest and most constant reminder of her ancestry. Now Alyxa has her own profession, but she still keeps in good contact with her parents and siblings. [Insert some trauma here later.]

Misc: I believe everything relevant has already been said.

Link to the Google Doc

Spoiler

Don't worry. You and I will be completely anonymous on these docs. I won't know your personal email information and y'all won't know mind. You can read these if you so desire; you don't have to as they just provide detail about the world that you might be curious to know about. I have made it available that you can comment only in the Huyat doc; however, I recommend that you switch to an alternate account if you have one with a made-up name than your personal email before making any comments, so we will not see your real name and personal information; I would rather we be safe than sorry.

Huyat Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vfvGRZ_gOxWepySILZmvNmkOvmSml1IXJQRcBUsKfSo/edit?usp=sharing

Hyn Eisoku this is an old piece of writing, so please forgivehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/111liFT2RQ-hKAIYHSbD4NPqvEcMf2n-PFYagvYQY2sI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Mystic Syn
I'll be editing this post from time to time

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

It's like you made the Xefic just for me.

I did. How did you know?? (jk)

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Is it possible for people to have more than one Talent?

No, it is not; I decided that that would be a no-no. However, if John Doe were to be a Survivor, he could have other interests like drawing or first aid; those would just not be his Talent.

Does that make sense??

I'll make a character at some point in the next hour (probably).

EDIT:

Spoiler

Name: Qidema

Pronouns: They/them

Nationality: Qeoub

Appearance: Light brown scales, tinted bronze. Wears a light blue tunic and cloak. 

Personality: Kind and affable, though rather reserved.

Talent and Type: Imaginative: Music.

Backstory (optional): Not actually very traumatic.

Misc: I actually wanted to play a fairly sane character for once \_(o_o)_/.

Edited by NerdyAarakocra

*Ahem*

Spoiler

Name: Condipi Ranfast - goes by Dip sometimes

Pronouns: He/Him (bio male)

Nationality: Mother was Fujak, father was Honquip

Appearance: Almost perfectly average in height, with short and choppy bright silver hair. His skin is a somewhat darkish color (though not by much), and his eyes are bright blue (they're not from either of his parents; they would tease him by saying he's adopted sometimes).

Personality: He's... nice.

Talent and Type: Imaginative - Artist

Backstory (optional): man idk

Misc: What weapon to pick... what weapon to pick....

Gwehehehe I have  d r e w n

Spoiler

IMG_0292.jpg.ef78b4114efae928067fba9be7056411.jpg

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Bleep bloop

Spoiler

Name: Kasha Nallei

Nationality: Fujakian

Appearance: I did a quick drawing last night before going to bed, but ima add a description anyways: She has short silver hair that glistens slightly when under any sort of light, and has bright gold eyes that always seems to be full of some sort of playfulness. Her skin is a bronze-ish hue, shining with a little bit of metallic light, much like her hair. She stands at a rough 5' 6" (167 cm). She often wears a slimming brown overcoat that fits her lithe figure and slim ankle-high brown boots with a red vest and white button-up underneath. She has a lot of ear piercings with many earrings, with a few lip and eyebrow piercings too; she also wears a few silver and bronze rings, necklaces, and bracelets at times.

Spoiler

63c844244c307_kashanallei.jpeg.2e56979c5af67987a08cf39063826651.jpeg

Personality: Excitable and fairly happy for the most part; her personality sometimes does a complete flip when she appears to get into a fight or when things go according to her plan. She keeps her personality aloof for outside appearances, but she is always planning and fairly strategic.

Talent and Type: Exhilarated: Acrobat 

Backstory (optional): Uh,, idk rn. Probs something angsty and tragic like all my other characters, I'm sure.

Misc: She has a side-revolver with some engravings and a long silver barrel, and carries around a cane to do some wacky-wacky before doing shooty-shooty.

Aight. Let's get this party started.

Tap... tap... tap...

Kasha Nallei weaved and out of the bustling crowd, tapping her cane in front of her every so often, her bronze bracelets clinking against each other and glimmering slightly each time exposed. People around her kept their heads down, avoiding each others' gazes. The tension between each of them was so palpable... and Kasha loved it. There was nothing she loved more than seeing other's tense, especially since everyone knew that literally anyone could be that rogue Talented. Maybe if the police and High Autarch actually did their job, the people wouldn't have to give each other wary and suspicious glances each time they walked to work.

Wasn't Kasha's problem, though. If she ever met that Talented face-to-face, she could be able to take them.

Tap... tap... tap...

Automobiles roared past her, the ground rumbling in response. A couple people around her jumped back from the open street next to them, coughing at the exhaust those machines spewed out. Such a shame the common folk hadn't gotten used to it yet. They hadn't faced the fact that the horse-drawn carriages that they were so used to was rapidly becoming more and more obsolete as more of those new fangled, yet loud automobiles were being manufactured and becoming more commonplace... even if it was only with the rich folk, but that was just a minor detail Kasha was sure that they would work out in the near future.

Kasha looked up, squinting from the glaring sunlight to read the street sign. Was that Belua already? How the time flies, she thought, looking to the right at the gaping dark alleyway. She stopped in her tracks––causing some people behind her to bump into her, cursing softly at her––ignoring the people around her as she tilted her head at the dark alleyway. Bringing her cane in front of her, Kasha looked up at the sun, then back down at the alleyway, taking a few steps in.

This was the time that Tsarsko said to meet him, Kasha mused to herself, tapping her cane in front of her, surveying the damp alleyway, that same damp smell filling her nostrils within seconds, causing her lip to curl a tiny bit. Small mossrats squeaked softly, skittering out of her way and back into the small holes of the building, bits of moss flying off their mossy coats. Scrap pieces of wood littered the alley, some of them squishing or disintegrating under her step. Perhaps he's late, like last time. Probably got into an argument with the police... again.

Tap... tap... tap...

Skittering footsteps entered the alleyway. Kasha could care less; she knew when it was Tsarsko, and that was not his footsteps. She crouched next to a pile of soiled clothing, the dank stench almost making her gag as Kasha pulled out her cane and poked at the pile, almost as if she were looking for signs of life. If there were clothes here...

"Hey."

Kasha did as anyone would do, and ignored the stranger's voice.

"Hey."

She tilted her head, poking the pile. Squish squish squish.

"Hey, you!"

Kasha finally looked up at the man a stone's toss away from her, her earrings jingling against each other. "Oh, were you talking to me?" she asked, smiling slightly.

The man rolled his eyes in exasperation. "Who else would I be talking to?" He gestured to the empty alleyway.

"Well––" She glanced back at the pile of clothes "––these clothes has been showing signs of life."

"Oh, shut up!" The man patted his ratty trousers, pulling out a dented and twisted knife. "Now give me all your money and I'll let you walk out of here alive."

Kasha scoffed, then laughed. "Oh, that's funny. You must make bank as a comedian," Kasha said, turning back to the pile of clothes. "Might be able to actually get those new automobile thingies."

"I'm serious!" the man snarled. "Now get on your feet and gimme every valuable on you."

"I'm sure you wike to phink that."

"Shut up!! Get up!"

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Kasha got up and turned toward the trembling robber. Poor man looked starving; even his eyes were sunken. Probably was left to no choice, but to make these feeble attempts of robbery.

"Now give––"

"How 'bout I tell you what's going to happen," Kasha interrupted with the raise of a finger. She set her cane in front of her and leaned forward at the speechless robber. "I'm going to use my Talent to make myself go too fast for you to even comprehend, and then I'm going to take this cane and his the backs of your knees. You're going to collapse on the ground in pain, as I would hit hard. Before you can conjure a thought, I'll whack you upside the head, knocking you out and probably giving you a concussion. I'll then call law enforcement, and they'll give you a place to stay and food to eat."

The robber stood there, mouth opening and closing, but no words coming out. Kasha smiled at the speechlessness. "At a loss for words?" she asked, bouncing on the heels of her feet and shifting from side to side, feeling her Stimulation stirring and turning on. "Don't worry. I would be too."

Without another word, she activated her Talent, the world around her appearing to slow down around her. Kasha hefted her cane, darting forward before the robber could even react, striking the backs of his knees with all the strength she could muster.

Time slowly went ran normally as she snuffed the speed enhancement. The robber screamed, falling to the ground with a painful thud; his cries echoing off the damp walls and into her ears, which caused a twisted smile to etch across her face. He tried getting on his feet many times, but always ended up falling to the ground, cursing and screaming in more pain than before.

Kasha kept shifting from side to side, her Stimulation burning within her as she walked up to the writhing robber, humming with that twisted smile. The robber looked up, fear entering his eyes as he saw her lift her cane. Kasha activated her Talent once again; this time feeling strength course through her as she gave the back side of his head a solid and hard whack.

The sweet metallic scent of blood filled her nostrils, and she took in a deep breath, letting her Talent turn off and feeling the Stimulation fade away for now.

I'd almost forgotten how much I love doing this.

Maybe she should do this more––

Snap!

She whipped out her revolver from her left side-buckle, clicking the hammer, looking down the long silver sights at Tsarsko.

"Talents, woman!" he cursed, jumping out of the way of the barrel, his orange Kelijahian lines glowing softly in distress. "Why are you so jumpy?!"

"Tsarsko!" Kasha said happily, smiling genuinely as she snapped her revolver in place. "You missed the party."

"I... can tell," Tsarsko hesitated, looking at the robber under her feet. "You didn't...?"

"Kill him?" she asked innocently, tapping the robber with her cane, who groaned quietly. "I would never."

"If you say so."

"I do say so." Kasha smiled again. "Anyways, you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah," he said, his eyes lingering on the robber. "You've heard about that rogue Talented, right?"

"Who hasn't? Kinda hard to not hear about them when everybody whispers about them on the streets."

"Touché. Well, the whispers that I've been hearing is that the High Autarch has finally put a hefty sounding bounty on them, even saying that he's looking for a group of Talented to look into it and bring them to justice."

Hmm. Kasha rapped her fingers against her cane, her rings tapping the handle's surface. "And what does that have to do with me?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Thought you would say that." Tsarsko leaned on the alley's wall, looking at the mouth of the alley and the crowd of people gathering there to look at the robber. He leaned in closer. "The High Autarch is offering five-thousand aces for the capture of the rogue Talented," Tsarsko said, his voice lowering to a whisper.

High Autarch's desperate. She stared into Tsarsko's dark pupiless eyes, feeling the truth from him. People's quiet chatter filled the alley, most likely asking each other what had happened and how it dealt with her and Tsarsko. What other choice would he have?

Her eyes flicked to the crowd of people, then to the dark of the alleyway. "Well," she said, her voice rising as she smiled genuinely again, "if there's anyone that wants to come forward, you're free to do so."

Honestly, there wasn't much of a reason for him to be down here.

The darkness had scared him as a child, though nowadays it just put him on edge. It would make sense to cut through the alleys every once in awhile to make it to work on time or take a quick cut to school, but without either of those things to worry about the fact that he was here was... what, pointless? There was no reason to wander about where the starved and desperate waited with kinves and things. He'd found out firsthand not too long ago that they really wouldn't hesitate to attack for some money or food.

But still... she really didn't have to attack him like that.

"That..." Condipi peeked out from the darkness. "That wasn't very nice of you."

"It was self-defense, sweetie." Kasha smiled, then tapped the robber with her cane again. "Besides, he'll be well-fed and warm at the police station."

Tsarsko scowled. "Don't tell me that you knocking him out was a part of a convoluted plan to try and 'do good'?"

"Plan?" She smiled sweetly at Tsarsko, twirling her cane. "I don't do plans."

He rolled his eyes, then turned to the newcomer. "How much did you hear? And please tell me you're nothing like her."

Tsarsko sighed and pinched his nose, while Kasha smiled at the newcomer. "Great!" she said. "Now you can go and do that instead of me."

Tsarsko smacked her upside the head. "Kasha!" he chided softly.

"Ah, that was uncalled for," she muttered, rubbing the back of her head. "You know I wouldn't be much help."

He crouched a little bit and gestured towards the robber's body.

"You're just proving my point." Kasha looked up at Condipi. "But yeah. High Autarch wants that rogue Talented taken care of, lotsa money involved if you do so, blah blah blah."

"You should take her in so we don't have to worry 'bout that rogue Talented," Tsarsko chimed in, looking to Condipi.

She snapped her head towards him. "Hey, wait a minute," she said, raising a finger.

"I––" She paused for a moment, glaring at Tsarsko, before turning her gaze to Condipi "––never said that I was going after that rogue Talented."

"I saw that glint in your eyes when I mentioned the bounty," Tsarsko retorted.

Kasha smacked Tsarsko upside the head. "And," she continued to Condipi, "I don't even know you. I don't know your Talent. I don't know if you would be of help, if I were to decide to help out."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

New roleplay who dis

I am Mi, and that is Yu.

Basically, we wanna catch a bad dude who's been doing the un-lifeing to people by the stabby-stabby or the wacky-wacky (idk).

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I––" She paused for a moment, glaring at Tsarsko, before turning her gaze to Condipi "––never said that I was going after that rogue Talented."

"I saw that glint in your eyes when I mentioned the bounty," Tsarsko retorted.

Kasha smacked Tsarsko upside the head. "And," she continued to Condipi, "I don't even know you. I don't know your Talent. I don't know if you would be of help, if I were to decide to help out."

"That's fine." Condipi moved to walk past the two crazy people. "If I was planning on catching this person, the last ally I'd want is you."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Is there any space for me to join?

Always. You're more than welcome to.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"That's fine." Condipi moved to walk past the two crazy people. "If I was planning on catching this person, the last ally I'd want is you."

"That's true," Tsarsko called out as Kasha turned away from Condipi and crouched down next to the robber. "But I assume that you saw what she did to this poor man, and I assume that you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that cane, or––" A small smile of his own touched his lips "––that you wouldn't want to die by the rogue Talented."

"That's also true, but––"

"But the Talented is hitting targets seemingly randomly," Kasha interrupted with a whisper, then looking toward Condipi. "The one thing that all the murders have in common is that they're done in the slums, usually to the poorer people; all the time, in the darkness of either their own home or... in an alleyway."