Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

“About your… hair?”

If you read the Xefic description, it mentions that they all keep their hair long. His is short. I guess it's up to you whether Ranfast would be aware of that.

He shrugged. "I do not know if there is anything atypical about it, but it somehow feels odd."

Hey, I expressed interest in this thread earlier and then it went on without me.

Could I make a character, maybe, with the Strategist Talent that sometimes works with law enforcement and/or bounty hunters and/or other folk and analyzes the social construct of cities to look for crime and rouge Talented and the like?

And your little entourage comes and visits him/her/them for information, and he/her/they end(s) up joining you all?

@Mystic Syn

Edited by The Bookwyrm

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hey, I expressed interest in this thread earlier and then it went on without me.

Could I make a character, maybe, with the Strategist Talent that sometimes works with law enforcement and/or bounty hunters and/or other folk and analyzes the social construct of cities to look for crime and rouge Talented and the like?

And your little entourage comes and visits him/her/them for information, and he/her/they end(s) up joining you all?

Well, you can still join. I ain't stopping you from joining with the character you have right now.

But if you want to make another character to replace what you already have, that's fine with me. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy.. and also within reason of the world loll.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

hey how loud are you talking

can the crowd hear you

or should I be eavesdropping from in the alley, maybe in a "crate?"

I would say that the crowd can only hear small bits and pieces of the conversation, like some words and phrases, but not the whole thing. If that makes any sense. You can eavesdrop from the alley too, if you wanna actually hear the full context of the conversation.

12 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He shrugged. "I do not know if there is anything atypical about it, but it somehow feels odd."

"I dunno, man," Kasha said, yanking her cane from out of the ground. "You Xefic are a strange bunch with your hair. Only met one or two of you––besides yourself––and anytime I asked about it, they always said something like: 'Don't touch my hair, you weirdo,' or 'Why would I cut off a part of me?'

"As for you not feeling useless." She looked up, and leaned forward on her cane to look more closely at him. "Did you ever take that goldarn test they always make us take at ten or did you somehow skip out on that? If you skipped out on that, tell me how."

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

"I dunno, man," Kasha said, yanking her cane from out of the ground. "You Xefic are a strange bunch with your hair. Only met one or two of you––besides yourself––and anytime I asked about it, they always said something like: 'Don't touch my hair, you weirdo,' or 'Why would I cut off a part of me?'

"As for you not feeling useless." She looked up, and leaned forward on her cane to look more closely at him. "Did you ever take that goldarn test they always make us take at ten or did you somehow skip out on that? If you skipped out on that, tell me how."

"A part of me... perhaps that is it. As for a test, I cannot recall. The fact is, I cannot recall much of anything."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

Kasha pursed her lips, looking at Iduno up and down, then tapped her cane with a ringed finger. "Is there anything that you do recall?"

"Well, how to speak, how to walk... I do not know my name, or who or where I am. You called me 'Xefic' a moment ago, I do not know that word. It seems I have retained certain instincts."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I thought we already agreed that your name is Iduno for now," she hummed. "Well, Xefic is the race that you are, much how I am Fujakian."

Kasha reached up and wiggled her earlobe, earrings jingling against one another almost harmoniously.

"I see." He frowned. "I almost seem to recognize it. The word has a certain... feeling. So what is this test you mentioned?"

"The standard boring test?" Kasha rubbed her temple. "That's the one everyone has to take when they turn ten, because everyone has a gift and therefore, a Talent because Vrual and Knali blessed us and blah blah blah. They'd have you do boring tasks, like reading, drawing, writing, running, talk to people; blah blah, you name it, you did it. Then they had the gall to tell us to do more like 'search within yourself' to 'find that fire,' and 'magic' and 'rainbows' and yeah."

59 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"The standard boring test?" Kasha rubbed her temple. "That's the one everyone has to take when they turn ten, because everyone has a gift and therefore, a Talent because Vrual and Knali blessed us and blah blah blah. They'd have you do boring tasks, like reading, drawing, writing, running, talk to people; blah blah, you name it, you did it. Then they had the gall to tell us to do more like 'search within yourself' to 'find that fire,' and 'magic' and 'rainbows' and yeah."

"So, I likely have one of these gifts?"

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

Well, you can still join. I ain't stopping you from joining with the character you have right now.

But if you want to make another character to replace what you already have, that's fine with me. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy.. and also within reason of the world loll.

I actually never made a character, so this is perfectly fine.

This character might stretch the boundaries of what you had in mind too far...if so, let me know, and I'll happily change it.

Name: Alyxa Tantel

Pronouns: She/Her

Nationality: Xefic

Appearance: Moderate height, not overtly tall, but by no means short, either. She's i

n good shape; even though her work involves lots of paperwork, she tries to get field experience in whenever possible. Black skin speckled with interesting patterns of "stars". Her dark blue hair is unnaturally short for her race, kept in a style similar to a pixie cut. Her eyes are the same shade as her hair. She likes to wear simple, utilitarian clothing; button shirts or blouses with trousers and boots, always in simple colors. Sometimes something fancier if occasion demands it. The only accessories that actually seem like something a Xefic would wear are her earrings, which are made of white gemstones and glitter like constellations.

Personality: Alyxa is a kind person at her core, but sometimes comes out as forceful to those she doesn't get along with. She's outspoken and determined, hard-working, and self-reliant. For a living, she analyzes various types of data and statistics from the population, and then, using her talent, she is able to deduce facts that are helpful to the government, law enforcement, and occasionally, bounty hunters. If possible, she likes to go out and gather her own information in the field. Sometimes, the field is dangerous, and thus Alyxa is fairly proficient with firearms; she has a pistol, but prefers to use her rifle if possible.

Talent and Type: Strategist, Intellectual

Backstory: Alyxa's grandparents were Xefic who, for whatever reason, ended up leaving their society to travel the world. They held fast to some traditions, but others faded over the decades. Her parents were born out of Xefic society, and so their only taste of the culture came through their upbringing. Not everything filtered through. Alyxa's parents were also travelers for many years, until they met in Validus, fell in love, and decided to settle and start a family. Alyxa, her elder brother, and her younger sister, now three generations removed from the Xefic homeland, retained very little of their culture, including the general Xefic attitude towards hair. Alyxa inherited the earrings from her mother's mother, and they're the biggest and most constant reminder of her ancestry. Now Alyxa has her own profession, but she still keeps in good contact with her parents and siblings. [Insert some trauma here later.]

Misc: I believe everything relevant has already been said.

The main worry is the fact that Alyxa doesn't really fit Xefic culture. Is this okay?

And if it is, then you can add it to the main page.

@Mystic Syn

14 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I think it's fine, since you got some backstory on the why. Feel free to join whenever you feel like :))

49 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Do you know how I could discover mine? Would I have to take this... test?"

"Well, yeah. They might think it odd that a Xefic with amnesia is doing it again, but ya know ya know. It is what it is."