17S MC server

13 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

I’ve played on an oracle server and it was a little laggy with like six to eight people on at once if I remember correctly.

We can dedicate up to 24gb and four CPU cores. Two dozen people little to no lag with that much.

7 minutes ago, MangoBoi101 said:

This will be a great starter, thx for that, as long as no one builds lag machines lol. 

have we decided whether or not its pvp based? or any custom mods?

Pvp for sure maybe a few mods the server should be able to handle it.

Honestly, too many mods makes the experience too stressful. I think a simple survival world would be nice, with firm rules in place. Minor performance and QOL mods. PvP in specific locations, to settle arguments and such.

We're all honorable folks here, right?

I think some of this deffenintly should be pvp based maybe like a switch that you can turn on and off pvp for only yourself if you want to, so if you dont have pvp turned on for yourself no one can kill you and you cant kill anyone if you have pvp turned on for yourself you can kill anyone else who has it on.

idk if thats possible or if ppl will like it? lemme know thx

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Honestly, too many mods makes the experience too stressful. I think a simple survival world would be nice, with firm rules in place. Minor performance and QOL mods. PvP in specific locations, to settle arguments and such.

I should hope so.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Probably quality of life mods would be best.

Yes tell me what plugins/mods we should use.

4 hours ago, MangoBoi101 said:

I think some of this deffenintly should be pvp based maybe like a switch that you can turn on and off pvp for only yourself if you want to, so if you dont have pvp turned on for yourself no one can kill you and you cant kill anyone if you have pvp turned on for yourself you can kill anyone else who has it on.

idk if thats possible or if ppl will like it? lemme know thx

I think that pvp should just be based on everyone involved agreeing to fight. No need for mods.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:43 AM, Wayne's Unlucky Hat said:

We can dedicate up to 24gb and four CPU cores. Two dozen people little to no lag with that much.

Pvp for sure maybe a few mods the server should be able to handle it.

I don't think you need 24GB for two dozen people. Only like 8.

4 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Someone should design a Cosmere texture pack.

Also, Geyser MC is a plugin that allows for Bedrock users to get onto Java servers, so that would be a good plugin.

What would that do? Turn swords into Shardblades or something?

On 1/22/2023 at 1:54 AM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What would that do? Turn swords into Shardblades or something?

that would be so coooooooool 

netherite armor into shardplate and shardblades. 

does anyone have experience regarding texture packs?

I know the theory but ive never done it before. 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:07 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Yeah... establishing rules is the first thing you should do when it comes to Minecraft servers. I was still establishing the rules and invited some online friends I trusted, but they invited a whole 10 more people to the server and things went crazy. Even greifing and being outright rude (I mean very rude) to other members would make them mad once I banned them because it "wasn't in the rules yet" lol. 

3 hours ago, MangoBoi101 said:

that would be so coooooooool 

netherite armor into shardplate and shardblades. 

does anyone have experience regarding texture packs?

I know the theory but ive never done it before. 

I could do it, if we had the textures. You could probably just cut one from an image (at least for the sword), or someone could make a custom design.

Don't quote me on this, but it might even be possible to include fractures in the shardplate when it gets damaged.

i personally don't, but I know the big thing with that is mostly retexturing things, then a tiny bit of code i think you could find on github or smth

It's not really code, just a pack.mcmeta file and some model files that Blockbench can generate easily enough.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

i personally don't, but I know the big thing with that is mostly retexturing things, then a tiny bit of code i think you could find on github or smth

You could go into your files and edit a texture pack or edit the default pack without code. I use Krita for editing texture packs. Mods are different though. 

Edited by solarcat93

1 minute ago, solarcat93 said:

You could go into your files and edit a texture pack or edit the default pack without code. I use Krita for editing texture packs. Mods are different though. 

Yeah, but we'd want an actual resource pack to share it more easily, or to put in on the server if we want to do that.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Yeah, but we'd want an actual resource pack to share it more easily, or to put in on the server if we want to do that.

True 

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I could do it, if we had the textures. You could probably just cut one from an image (at least for the sword), or someone could make a custom design.

Don't quote me on this, but it might even be possible to include fractures in the shardplate when it gets damaged.

It's not really code, just a pack.mcmeta file and some model files that Blockbench can generate easily enough.

It probably is possible to include fractures in the shardplate when it gets damaged. 

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

it is, just requires something involving the NBT tags for durability. bc there are texture packs that "degrade" the tools the more it's used.

actually, it probably wouldn't since resource packs cant access armor models, unfortunately.