Which alloys would you use?

Mistchemist16

Alloy Choices  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If you could only choose alloys, which Misting would you be?

• Steel
    • Pewter
    • Brass
    • Bronze
    • Duralumin
    • Nicrosil
    • Electrum
    • Bendalloy
  2. 2. If you could only choose alloys, which Ferring would you be?

• Steel
    • Pewter
    • Brass
    • Bronze
    • Duralumin
    • Nicrosil
    • Electrum
    • Bendalloy
  3. 3. If you could only choose alloys, which metal would you Compound?

• Steel
    • Pewter
    • Brass
    • Bronze
    • Duralumin
    • Nicrosil
    • Electrum
    • Bendalloy

This is a sister poll to one I did recently on the pure metals. This time around, I wanna see just the alloys. Certainly easier than the pure metals, but I’m curious to see how it shakes out. And I’ve got a few more tricks in my back pocket. If you had to be a Metalborn of alloys, which would you choose and why?

Pewter is just the best allomantic metal, by far.

F-Bronze, because I have trouble sleeping.

And while I put bronze for compounding, I could go with electrum as well, both would be good attributes to have, as they would save me so much time, I either get to work non-stop without sleep, or I can dedicate myself to a task with single-minded determination.

While flying with A-steel sounds fun, pewter has far more useful daily applications than steel. It makes you stronger, faster, endure more and be less tired. So much useful. For Feruchemy steel, being fast is just great. Compounding - Steel 1000%, it's unlimited speed. Running around faster than the speed of sound? Count me in! And steel is everywhere. 

If a Misting, Pewter.  Just so much there.  And it isn't all that expensive.

If a Ferring, I suprised myself and went Electrum.  Determination...yeah, that's something I need.  The ability to Focus.  I can store some of it most of the time and tap it when I want to write. 

If Compounder, I went with Steel, even though I usually say Pewter.  Reason being is if I'm Compounding Steel, I also have Steelpushes, and having those twos great.  Pewter is a very, very close second right now, though. 

4 hours ago, MangoBoi101 said:

Wow everyone picked pewter, not to surprised but I thought there would be at least one bendalloy...

I went for steel on the last two Q's

Pewter is just too powerful.  Steel is a close second for me, but Pewter gives strength, healing, speed, balance, toughness, everything.  You literally just get better at everything while burning it.  And it isn't that expensive, so you just keep it on a low burn at all times.  

• 7 months later...

I would choose to be a Coinshot because they have such great mobility, and as Wax showed us there is a great deal of utility that a creative person can get out of it. Plus, it's cheap and wouldn't be difficult to obtain more of.

As a Ferring, I'd choose duralumin out of the alloys, since Connection shenanigans are extremely interesting- there's so much we don't know about it yet, but even what we do know is really cool.

As a Compounder, double duralumin, as you could use your Allomancy to enhance your Compounding in massive bursts, then store literal tons of metal worth of Connection inside a massive Metalmind. What it would do when you tap it all. . . I don't exactly know, but since duralumin isn't going to be that expensive in Scadrial's future you could store enough of it to puncture a hole in the Realms and create a Perpendicularity, or maybe learn to teleport (TLM suggests this is possible with a big enough conflux of Investiture).

As I said, not fully certain of the consequences of Compounding so much Connection, but whatever it is, it should be really cool.

3 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

I would choose to be a Coinshot because they have such great mobility, and as Wax showed us there is a great deal of utility that a creative person can get out of it. Plus, it's cheap and wouldn't be difficult to obtain more of.

As a Ferring, I'd choose duralumin out of the alloys, since Connection shenanigans are extremely interesting- there's so much we don't know about it yet, but even what we do know is really cool.

As a Compounder, double duralumin, as you could use your Allomancy to enhance your Compounding in massive bursts, then store literal tons of metal worth of Connection inside a massive Metalmind. What it would do when you tap it all. . . I don't exactly know, but since duralumin isn't going to be that expensive in Scadrial's future you could store enough of it to puncture a hole in the Realms and create a Perpendicularity, or maybe learn to teleport (TLM suggests this is possible with a big enough conflux of Investiture).

As I said, not fully certain of the consequences of Compounding so much Connection, but whatever it is, it should be really cool.

You'd be massivley enhancing your ability to form Connections to people, places and things.

So if you did it in a public area you might become the leader of some kind of new religion centered around you.

Or you could become everyone's best friend and never need to pay for anything ever again, on the house for every house.

8 hours ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

You'd be massivley enhancing your ability to form Connections to people, places and things.

Times too, apparently:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/50/#e645

Dirigible

Can you store any sort of Temporal Connection?

Brandon Sanderson

Um, most.

And more potentially, as there is Connection to basically everything in the Cosmere (though we don't know to the extent that a Connector Ferring could store those Connnections of course, it just means that there is more that they could potentially do that we don't yet know of).

• 3 weeks later...