Ive commited to the BS journey

Zenex

Hi

End of 2022 I decided I needed to read more.  Not really been finding the time with work and family life.

Kept buying books that sat there for over a year.  Mainly Joe Hill stuff I have in my backlog plus I need to re-read Dune in the nice hardback I got last year.

Then I found Brandon's works.

I have bought the Mistborn era1 trilogy and just got to part 2.  I am very intrigued so far.  Think Im hooked

I intend to get the 2nd era triliogy, then Secret History and l already have the new Lost metal.  Also preordered all the secret projects.

Then possibly onto Stormlight this year if can fit it in.. will see how the journey goes.  Buy all in books and maybe some in HB

So far im being careful on the coppermind site but reading the odd thing to get more scope and vision.

Glad to be here and hello from the UK

Welcome to the Shard! I'm new as well. I loved the first era of Mistborn. It's where I started as well. Stormlight is amazing--I would definitely recommend it. 

It's a little out of date given all the new books coming. But I found this extremely helpful in terms of book order to read so you catch the maximum amount of easter eggs and character reveals. Let me know what you think!

https://www.readersgrotto.com/2021/09/22/the-best-cosmere-reading-order/

19 hours ago, Zenex said:

Hi

End of 2022 I decided I needed to read more.  Not really been finding the time with work and family life.

Kept buying books that sat there for over a year.  Mainly Joe Hill stuff I have in my backlog plus I need to re-read Dune in the nice hardback I got last year.

I have bought the Mistborn era1 trilogy and just got to part 2.  I am very intrigued so far.  Think Im hooked

I intend to get the 2nd era triliogy, then Secret History and l already have the new Lost metal.  Also preordered all the secret projects.

Then possibly onto Stormlight this year if can fit it in.. will see how the journey goes.  Buy all in books and maybe some in HB

So far im being careful on the coppermind site but reading the odd thing to get more scope and vision.

Welcome! We're happy to have you here!

Welcome :) I'm also new to the community (though not so new to Brandon). I would strongly recommend checking out some reading order suggestions... I personally tend to lean towards reading/watching stuff in as close to publication order as is feasible in these big shared universe stories. Though I do think Era I mistborn is the best place to start. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 1:53 AM, Zenex said:

Hi

Welcome!!!   Mistborn is amazing.  And it only gets better from there.  Be careful of the Stormlight Archive.  Once you pick up Way of Kings.... you're gonna call into work for the next week or so.  Well, if you're anything like me you will.  It's so hard to put down.   

Also, I didn't see it mentioned here... You may or may not know.   A whole bunch of the books are connected in what is called the Cosmere.  It's very exciting.  I don't want to say more and accidentally say something I shouldn't.

Enjoy the journey!