Excited to be here!

Conor Dedalus

Hello! Excited to join and looking forward to engaging with all of you!

Fairly new fan. Introduced to him via the big Kickstarter and have now worked through Era 1, Elantris, Warbreaker, and am about 2/3 of the way through RoW. Loving every second of it!

Does anyone know if there are really high quality, detailed summaries of his books our there, particularly of the Stormlight Archive? I'm just thinking ahead to Knights of Wind and Truth in 11/2024 and worried I'm going to forget a lot of the details.

14 hours ago, Ban Barrn Barôg said:

Welcome friend!

I've recently started really researching and theorizing stuff trying to put the info together and those epigraph collections and summaries are a blessing!

You really went thru it since the kickstarter, the cosmere does have a lot of momentum.

Do you have a favorite shardworld?

Yeah, it has been quite the ride! I feel like this is such a wonderful time to be a Sanderson fan!

Honestly, I've loved each of the worlds. I haven't read era 2 yet, so I don't know yet how Scadrial evolves. But I loved the 1st era and was enthralled with Scadrial. Roshar is amazing. But if I had a gun to my head, honestly, the possibilities of 1st of the Sun in the Drominad system is extremely interesting to me and I hope we learn a lot more about it in the future.

What about you?

I'm fascinated with Roshar, from the earlier descriptions of plant and animal life to the storm-subjected architecture I think it's an extremely interesting world. That's how I pitch it to people LOL "Man, in this world they just have huge crabs"

But even though i might be a little nostalgic about it, I also choose Scadrial. What really hooked me at first was the setting, the way the world was described made it so clear to me, and I just love the slight horror-ish dark vibe Scadrial has, it's generally way bloodier than the other series, and era 1 is so GRITTY, i love it.