Just started... Scadrial...?

S. Stormy

So, it mentions something about a shower in this book.

Imagine him as the answer to the question: "What if that gunk from your shower drain were to come to life?"

-Tress of the Emerald Sea

Even the most technologically advanced planet, which is Scadrial, doesn't have showers... right? I haven't read all of Wax and Wayne, so I don't know. 

If this is resolved later in the book, don't tell me! I'm only 12% of the way through.

Brandon has said that this book takes place in the future of the cosmere. The "present" is the time when Stromlight and Wax & Wayne are happening. But this happens an undetermined amount of time afterwards. There's a WoB on that but I'm at work and can't look for it rn. :D

We also know that the time when Hoid narrates this is some time after the events take place, but not centuries after. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do not recall mention of Showers in MB era2 and that may have been too early.
In the US it was 1920's when Showers became common in urban city areas, it was 1950's -1960's for rural homes to have indoor plumbing and even then older homes were less likely to have showers, and may just have had a hand shower sprayer on a tub.
I think it was even later for some other countries. 
Meant to Quote lacrossedeamon 

I’d assume Era 2 Mistborn has showers. It’s generally late 1800s early 1900s Earth tech levels which would include showers by that point.

Edited by FollowYourMuse

9 hours ago, FollowYourMuse said:

I do not recall mention of Showers in MB era2 and that may have been too early.
In the US it was 1920's when Showers became common in urban city areas, it was 1950's -1960's for rural homes to have indoor plumbing and even then older homes were less likely to have showers, and may just have had a hand shower sprayer on a tub.
I think it was even later for some other countries. 
Meant to Quote lacrossedeamon 

Residentially maybe but showers were being installed in barracks, prisons, boarding schools, and public bathhouses by 1890, at least in Europe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...