Speculation on Trellium/Bavandium alloys

Mistchemist16

Knowing now that Trellium repels Investiture, it may be possible to figure out what its alloys do. We already have a few hints about atium through Malatium and Era 1 atium, which seems to be an electric alloy. My theory is that a God Metal combines with any base Allomantic metals will combine the God Metal’s unique effect with the regular Allomantic ability. For Malatium, this is why it combines the past sight of Gold and sees others. Atium’s power is seeing the Spiritual Realm, which create various mental and temporal effects. 

What makes Autonomy so interesting is that we already have a Push-Pull dynamic for the base metals and that fits well with the property of pushing Investiture. Here are some predictions for the metals alloyed with Bavandium 

Steel-Iron: There are two major interpretations here. The first is that these alloys can easily Push or Pull Invested objects and people. Harmony help us all of people start using it to push blood. The second is that it Pushes the properties of Investiture around. In other words, a metal mind Pushed with the steel alloy stops holding an attribute. If this is true, Pulling may also give you the ability to store or even benefit from these powers. The two interpretations might even function together, though the second makes more sense for enhancement metals

Tin: You can draw in sensory effects and push them into others. Fun for causing sensory overload. I also put this here because my theory interprets Allomantic senses as drawing Investiture coded with information. You pull it in then repel it to the target. This may not work with tin because it’s physical but it might for other Allomantics sense

Pewter: Another fun one. You can resist physical Invested attacks. This could include Steelpushed coins, lightning from a Stormform singer, and others. Unfortunately, it won’t save your mind or soul

Copper-Bronze: Ti explain this, my theory is that Bronze and Copper work solely mental. When a copper cloud functions, you aren’t blocking their Investiture: you just make it invisible to those who would otherwise have it as a sense. Bavandium Bronze might simply share your senses again. Bavandium copper is more fun: it could prevent people from detecting their own Invested abilites. If a Mistborn were affected, for example, they might either feel as if they had no metals or see the power as an indistinct blob. It could really mess with people who have multiple abilities like Mistborn or even make the enemy more wasteful

Zinc-Brass: Not entirely sure, but it might push emotions out of people and into others. So you could push happiness out of someone into someone else who is sad and the second person would feel happy directly even though they never felt so before

Gold-Electrum: Shows others the past or future respectively

Cadmium-Bendalloy: Shoot time bubbles at other people. Naturally good for cadmium

Aluminum -Duralumin: Can’t fully speak for the enhancement metals because we don’t know everything about them. They may just allow Mistings to use the effects of Nicrosol and Chromium, assuming Mistings can burn God Metal alloys

Chromium-Nicrosol: Again can’t speak for sure until we learn more in Era 3. My theory is that you could Push and Pull people’s ability to use Invested Arts. So if you had Chromium and were fighting a Thug, you could pull the Thug’s ability and burn peweter. Nicrosol would instead give to someone else

Of course, my theory is far from perfect. The biggest liberty I’ve take is allowing Pull metals to “repel first and pull second” rather than always keeping the pulled object away. But that’s just my perspective. Anyway, tell me your thoughts in the comments and suggest any workshopping I might need. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!

• 4 weeks later...

I theorize that Trellium/Bavadinuim alloys with other Godmetals rewrite one's Connection to the Shard whose Godmetal is alloyed with Autonomy's, similar to how Lerasium can be alloyed with other Godmetals to forge a Connection to the other Shard in question rather than Preservation.