Greetings, all

Ban Barrn Barôg

Hello to the 17th Shard and the wider Cosmere!

I'm Ban Barrn Barôg, or just Ban Barrn, or Ban, or BB... I discovered Brandon all the way back in 2010 with Mistborn era 1 (that I really loved), but didn't particularly click with the author, or better, didn't pay attention to the bigger picture. After that I entered a dark period(let's call it that) where I just forgot what reading was, life is like that at times.

In 2018, a friend with whom I had shared my Mistborn books said I should read The Way of Kings (Only then did I realize it was the same author from those books I loved from years ago), and with the popularity of audiobooks on the rise I gave it a try and... Immediately hooked by the end of the Prologue, have since acquired every Mistborn and Stormlight audiobook and done them all at least once, and for some, up to 3 listens although i have not explored the Cosmere much beyond these two series.

Like many of you i'm sure I am fascinated with the mind of Brandon and started really craving more Cosmere theories, predictions and general excitement, so I began listening to Shardcast and after many a suggestion from the cast, made an account here!

I'm happy to answer questions and squee and glee about anything cosmere.

21 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Welcome! Always great to see new people!

Thank you Robin!

16 hours ago, newindianclassic said:

In my own way I definitely understand this. Glad you're able to refind the joy of reading again. :)

Audio format really changed my life for the better, because it also made me more excited to read again too.

5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Hello, hello, hello, welcome to the insanity and community that is The 17th Shard! I hope you have fun exploring the Cosmere!

If you could meet TenSoon or The Lopen, who would you pick?

I... You actually picked two of my favorites?! Impossible. Improbable? Love TenSoon, he's my favorite character in Mistborn Era 1, close tie with Sazed. But ultimately I would pick The Lopen, my cousin. I'm a big sucker for a big hearted jokester character with some depth to them, and sprinkle some (or a lot) of feelings of inadequacy (unfortunately can relate), so The Lopen is right up my alley, we would have a grand old time. 

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard, glad you're enjoying Shardcast! I hope you continue enjoying the cosmere! 

Thank you Ene! I have already bought Warbreaker that i'll be starting as soon as finish my second Lost Metal run

On 1/11/2023 at 8:09 AM, Ban Barrn Barôg said:

Hello to the 17th Shard and the wider Cosmere!

I'm Ban Barrn Barôg, or just Ban Barrn, or Ban, or BB... I discovered Brandon all the way back in 2010 with Mistborn era 1 (that I really loved), but didn't particularly click with the author, or better, didn't pay attention to the bigger picture. After that I entered a dark period(let's call it that) where I just forgot what reading was, life is like that at times.

In 2018, a friend with whom I had shared my Mistborn books said I should read The Way of Kings (Only then did I realize it was the same author from those books I loved from years ago), and with the popularity of audiobooks on the rise I gave it a try and... Immediately hooked by the end of the Prologue, have since acquired every Mistborn and Stormlight audiobook and done them all at least once, and for some, up to 3 listens although i have not explored the Cosmere much beyond these two series.

Like many of you i'm sure I am fascinated with the mind of Brandon and started really craving more Cosmere theories, predictions and general excitement, so I began listening to Shardcast and after many a suggestion from the cast, made an account here!

I'm happy to answer questions and squee and glee about anything cosmere.

Welcome to the Forums! :D