Spores abilities are based off of primal elements?

“ Anyway, the aethers up above are rampantly self-propagating, and each is connected to a primal element. Vegetation, atmosphere, silicate”

Excerpt From
Tress of the Emerald Sea
Brandon Sanderson
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=0
This material may be protected by copyright.

does this mean the other spores are based around primal elements as well? what would crimsons element be?

I wonder if the 10 Essences from Roshar could be a clue into what the other Aethers may be. As far as I know, this chart spoils nothing for Stormlight Archive.

1. Interestingly, there is a "bone"essence to match the mythical "bone aether".
2. Aethers are not people, so I doubt there would be a "blood"one. But maybe Blood is related to the Crimson Sea? 

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 10.04.17 AM.png

Edited by teknopathetic

1 hour ago, teknopathetic said:

I wonder if the 10 Essences from Roshar could be a clue into what the other Aethers may be. As far as I know, this chart spoils nothing for Stormlight Archive.

2. Aethers are not people, so I doubt there would be a "blood"one. But maybe Blood is related to the Crimson Sea? 

I noticed the same connection in this thread 

2 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

I noticed the same connection in this thread 

Less a theory and more an observation. The Essences used for Soulcasting appear to have a relationship with the Aethers

Zephyr Aether/Zephyr Essence

Sunlight Aether/Spark Essence

Verdant Aether/Pulp Essence

Roseite Aether/Lucentia Essence

Midnight Aether/Tallow Essence 

Taking info from AoN I think Midnight and its counterpart Illuminous (which I think is different from the Sunlight Aether) are outside the Ten Essences. But it adds Ferrous and Bestarin Aethers that line up with Foil and Sinew Essences. I also think “bone spores” are a reference to Sandmastery but there would be a different Aether that actually generates stone that parallels Talus Essence. We don’t know what the spikes of Crimson Aether are made of but it could be something weird like Hemoglobin (Blood Essence is weird because it technically encompasses water but I don’t think there is a “water spore” given how they work). Vapor is tricky because of how similar it would be to Zephyr. There probably is an Aether, not Midnight, that generates hydrocarbons/lipids that parallels Tallow Essence. That should cover all 12 Aethers and 10 Essences if we assume the others postulated that I didn’t mention to be correct.