what would other spore eaters look like

we know that verdant spore eaters sprout verdant to protect them, but what about the others? here's my thoughts:

roseite: roseite grows off them to form a protective shield

zephyr: wind blows anything dangerous away

crimson: spikes jut out to kill threats

midnight: midnight monsters form to protect them

sunlight: heat explodes out of them to burn incoming threats

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Yeah those all seem reasonable. Seeing other spore eaters would be cool, but I doubt we're seeing too much more of Lumar sadly and aethers elsewhere seem to work a little different.

(Also side note- I expected the Sorceress to be a Midnight spore-eater who managed to control her infection.)

Honestly I would be so bummed if Brandon introduced this super cool world, and then kind of did nothing with it. There’s so much potential here, and I want to see all the possibilities! I certainly think Tress’ story is over, but I just want another story set here, perhaps even just a slightly lower stakes one.

6 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Honestly I would be so bummed if Brandon introduced this super cool world, and then kind of did nothing with it. There’s so much potential here, and I want to see all the possibilities! I certainly think Tress’ story is over, but I just want another story set here, perhaps even just a slightly lower stakes one.

I’m hoping once we get to more space age cosmere we have books set on multiple worlds and Lumar can be a secondary or tertiary setting there.

7 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

(Also side note- I expected the Sorceress to be a Midnight spore-eater who managed to control her infection.)

I had assumed this too but then the curses made me think Old Magic. Was not expecting Elantrian.

On 1/9/2023 at 1:02 PM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Yeah those all seem reasonable. Seeing other spore eaters would be cool, but I doubt we're seeing too much more of Lumar sadly and aethers elsewhere seem to work a little different.

It wouldn't surprise me if aetherbound function similarly to the spore eaters, but with a better measure of control.  The verdant spore eater appears to be involuntary.

21 hours ago, dbulick said:

The verdant spore eater appears to be involuntary.

Though, she can repress it somewhat. Crow is said to have lived much longer than she should have, so maybe her repression of the aether allowed her to live longer. Maybe someone could use the aether's more actively but at the cost of a low lifespan.