How do you pronounce your username?

Hubay

Um yeah - So I would hope mine is evident - if you need help with the last word go find a Brandon Sanderson interview. I think he is mentioned at least once in all of the recent interviews. Should be H-oy-d if oy is pronounced the way I think it should be. :P Google search says I am unique to so anywhere you see this should be me.

Mine is my last name and is not pronuaced anything like it's spelled, it's a old soldier name like hare or fox and as such it's spelled in old swedish Djerf=Järv not that it makes any sense to anyone here^^

well lets try, Järv : J like in jail, ä like eh in ehm maybe? r like in hare and v like in have.

best i can do

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose I should be good and clarify pronunciation as well. All you have to do is skip the h and use a nice round tone for the a.

Da-la Girl

(What can I say, I'm Polish. I have a love for silent consonants.)

Your love cant be strong if you only have one silent letter :P lol

She said she's Polish, not Welsh!

Also, mine is nick-O-miss. When I made the username long long ago I didn't realize that it's apparently a real name somewhere in the world, but I think I pronounce it differently. Also, while Nik is an acceptable shorthand, Nick isn't my name.

• 2 weeks later...

I've confused everyone with my name in the past.

I obtained it through a random name generator for His Dark Material's daemons. I believe I had a fad for discovering the name of my own daemon had I one and this one was the only one I could recall when I first used it as an account name.

Edited by Ziva

Mine is pretty easy, I think. I guess I'd write it phonetically like this: "Moe-roo"

Sometimes I like it "Moroo" Kind of like in "fawn" or "dawn" Mawroo.

Either way you pronounce it, it'd be right. ^^ Since I switch back and forth. XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I personally pronounce it DEE-oh-rad-ann - which is probably inaccurate. I picked it off a list of Gaelic words found on the internet, knowing only that it could translate roughly into 'wanderer'. If anyone here actually speaks the language, correction on pronunciation would be pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Although my name might seem obvious, it is "actually" pronounced hu-ginn, or "hew-ginn," if you will." Some people's names have silent letters, mine has silent words.

Isn't that a translation for 'thought' in Christopher Paolini's Ancient Language?

As for my name it's fairly straightforward :P

Void-Us