On the Electromagnetic Parallels of Rithmatics

CrypticSpren

I have a personal theory on how the three main Rithmatic lines (Warding, Forbiddance, and Vigor) work, based on electromagnetism. My physics knowledge is pretty elementary so please let me know if this makes any sense.

I believe we can characterize our 3 OG Rithmatic lines by what they do in terms of E&M analogues.

• Lines of Vigor, as we have heard over and over again, are the equivalent of waves. They carry energy along the line that they travel, and the chalk is just a visualization of the magnitude of the electric field at a given point in a transverse plane wave.
  • Lines of Forbiddance are just conductors. A flat sheet of conductor is able to reflect an electromagnetic wave, just as a line of Forbiddance reflects a line of vigor. It is, however, not a superconductor, and therefore some energy is lost when a line of vigor bounces, which goes into breaking the line of Forbiddance
  • A line of Warding, at the moment of drawing, is a conductor in which free-flowing charged particles are dumped in. The charged particles distributes across the conductor, which then "cools down" and becomes insulating, locking the charge in place. The charged particles are what actually give the Line of Warding strength, which is why the Line of Warding is stronger along curved areas.

I think that seeing as Rithmatics functions in 2 dimensions, the laws that Rithmatic charge would follow would also be in 2 dimensions. From a quick Google there seems to be a mathematical analogue for electrodynamics in 2 dimensions: https://www.reed.edu/physics/faculty/wheeler/documents/Electrodynamics/Miscellaneous Essays/E&M in 2 Dimensions.pdf. My E&M/calc skills are too scrubby for me to understand basically anything of what's going on here, but I hopefully the theory doesn't break down.