The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

12 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

A fifteen-foot-tall yellow dragon landed right before the inn. A man jumped off him, looking around then going to the steps of the inn. His dragon sat where he landed, gaze locked on the man. "Hello, is this Mishmash Inn?" He asked.

12 hours ago, Shadowed said:

A girl of around 15 with a spider monkey perched atop her shoulder strode up to the inn. “Hi,” she said brightly, proffering her hand. “I’m Azra, nice to meet you, and all that. I don’t suppose you have a room going spare? Everywhere else is full, you see. Oh, this is Iyin, my monkey, I hope you don’t mind him. He’s very well behaved, I promise.”

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

A mosquito of shadow flitted quietly out of the door.

Blood. So much blood.

It flitted to the nearest human and began to feed 

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

A new world appeared in Bookwyrm's sense.

Might as well-

A sudden warping in the air in front of the Mishmash Inn appeared, and Bookwyrm stumbled from it.

....What was that?

"How should I know?" Windaphra said. The honorspren flitted up to him in the form of a young woman in an intricately laced tunic.

Bookwyrm gave her a flat look. "I wasn't talking to you..."

She shrugged.

Bookwyrm sighed as he walked up the steps to the inn. When he opened the door, he saw a large group of travelers. They were varied in appearance, clothing, and company. One of them had a dragon.

Good to know I won't be the only one with a dragon...Bookwyrm thought, though both of his were currently resting. Inside his soul. It's kind of complicated.

Windaphra turned into a ribbon of light and began exploring the nooks and crannies of the room as Bookwyrm walked up to the group. His appearance wasn't anything extravagant. He looked like a young man, perhaps in his late teenage or early adult years, with a mop of neat brown hair and blue glasses. He wore a sturdy blue travelling tunic with a leather belt, to which was tied a variety of pouches and a mysterious sword. Over that, he had a deep blue cloak patterned like the night sky, and held a strange staff in his right hand.

Bookwyrm slowly walked up to the group, but didn't introduce himself.

5 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

A small boy bear-crawled in on all fours. He was dressed in rags--oddly brightly-colored rags, seeming less like rags and more like nice fabrics ripped up. Almost as though he was a prince trying to look like a peasant. He had dark, painful-looking bruises on his face, bruises that seemed like they'd warrant swelling, but his face looked completely normal save the discoloration.

5 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

A young girl in a cloak, seeming about 15, steps forward out of the shadows. There’s no telling how long she’s been standing there. She flips a knife out of her sleeve and studies it, hoping it’ll keep the multitude of people back. What a strange place.  

4 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

A man walked into the inn, face covered with hideous burn scars. Noticing Bookwyrm, his eye narrowed, and he approached, offering the stranger a gloved hand in greeting.

@The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

A young woman with red hair and bright green eyes walked over to where Klave and the boy were watching curiously.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Sealed Arbiter/Dave

Backstory: No

Magic: Chains and such

Appearance: Stark blond hair that comes down to his shoulders. Skintight, mist gray cloth covers all of his body but his head. He wears a (struggles to describe mental image) sealed off cloak that terminates halfway down to his shoulders. It is ragged and dirty grey. Oh, and he also has chains wrapped around his entire body, Christmas Carol Marley style.

Arbiter tripped into a universal wormhole. No other context necessary. 

He tumbled out the end of the wormhole but still managed to land lithely land on his feet. Arbiter straightened and addressed (Whomever chooses to acknowledge me). "Why hello. Umm, what universe would this be?"

Fadran returned from the bathroom.

"What the-"

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Silently a glow appears. It is both soft and intense, ancient and newly born. From within it, Nath appears in the entrance hall having come from the way between realms to visit old friends.

Turning to Nath, Fadran said, "Did... I..." He looked back at the ocean of new people. "What?"

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy sniffed, and began tearing up, overwhelmed.

Amidst the chaos, Fadran offered the little lad a cookie.

It wasn't even spiked.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What the-"

Turning to Nath, Fadran said, "Did... I..." He looked back at the ocean of new people. "What?"

It wasn't even spiked.

The boy did not take it, looking suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What the-"

It wasn't even spiked.

Galard turned to him, abandoning his conversation with the glowing man. "You must be Fadran." He said. "I got a message through the Ether informing me of your inn - it ked me to a hole in the universe... That's a long story. Anyway, is it possible to maje room for my dragon companion? He tends to feel rather left out when I... Well... Leave him out."

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave broke the cookie in half, taking a bite out of his half and offering the boy the other. "Probably not poisoned" he mumbled between bites.

The boy took it and put it on the table, perhaps to eat later. Then he curled up on his bed and sobbed.

This child is traumatized

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The girl looked at Fadran taking in his appearance. She shifted her hair to mimic his. “Who are you?”

"Channelknight Fadran, at your service." He bowed a little bit. "You?"

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard turned to him, abandoning his conversation with the glowing man. "You must be Fadran." He said. "I got a message through the Ether informing me of your inn - it ked me to a hole in the universe... That's a long story. Anyway, is it possible to maje room for my dragon companion? He tends to feel rather left out when I... Well... Leave him out."

"Room or roost? We have a space on the ceiling for large Grade-A magical creatures, but I'm sure we can find a place for him if he'd prefer something more cozy."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy took it and put it on the table, perhaps to eat later. Then he curled up on his bed and sobbed.

Can you go... do something about the kid? Fadran asked.

Icona seemed concerned. It might be best to let him cry for now.

He's crying?

The god swore. Honestly. I'll... very well. Please don't burn down my inn.

In the little lad's room, Icona started subtly shifting everything: making it a bit warmer, cozier; the works.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Channelknight Fadran, at your service." He bowed a little bit. "You?"

"Room or roost? We have a space on the ceiling for large Grade-A magical creatures, but I'm sure we can find a place for him if he'd prefer something more cozy."

Can you go... do something about the kid? Fadran asked.

Icona seemed concerned. It might be best to let him cry for now.

He's crying?

The god swore. Honestly. I'll... very well. Please don't burn down my inn.

In the little lad's room, Icona started subtly shifting everything: making it a bit warmer, cozier; the works.

Once he finally got over his crying, the boy say down and began to draw, slowly and methodically filling up dozens of sheets of paper. He laid then it on the floor, and they began to form a cohesive image.

It was an image of himself, in what looked to be a child's bedroom, climbing out of a window.

4 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn eyed the child. He’s so young…we all are, of course. Not every child should have to go through the pain we did, the pain I did, the pain he feels. Knowing he won’t answer her, she places a small dagger next to the cookie. “You don’t always need to be the weak one. Be brave, little friend,” she says, watching him draw.

I believe the child is alone in his bedroom

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Once he finally got over his crying, the boy say down and began to draw, slowly and methodically filling up dozens of sheets of paper. He laid then it on the floor, and they began to form a cohesive image.

It was an image of himself, in what looked to be a child's bedroom, climbing out of a window.

Klave looked at the drawing, sympathy for the child growing. "Thank you for sharing that part of your story with me." He hesitated, unsure of what to do next. "I'm... sorry for whatever struggles you've gone through. This world is not always a kind place."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Anyways," Fadran muttered, turning around to face the horde of newcomers. The little lad would have to wait: he had a million other problems right now. "Hello! Everyone. I'm Channelknight Fadran. Ahh... welcome to the Fellowship of the Thing, I guess."

"Why hello. Which universe is this exactly?"

Edited by Mr. Misting

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Galard turned to the window. "What do you say, Lightning? They can get you an indoors place or a space on the roof!" He shouted.

"I prefer rood, thanks!" Said Lightning.

Galard turned to Fadran. "He'll have the space on the ceiling. It's under the sky, right?"

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard turned to the window. "What do you say, Lightning? They can get you an indoors place or a space on the roof!" He shouted.

"I prefer rood, thanks!" Said Lightning.

Galard turned to Fadran. "He'll have the space on the ceiling. It's under the sky, right?"

"Sure is. Try not to hit the clock tower on your way up."

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Ah." Arbiter's eyes glazed over for a second. "Yes, that works fine. What is everyone doing here?"

"I designed this place as a gateway for wanderers and adventuring types: people without anything better to do, really." Fadran pointed down at the western edge of Maybe St. "Three years ago, people started randomly showing up on a little side quest I was doing. With Nath's help I managed to pinpoint the cause of that phenomena and weave it into the essence of this micro-universe."