The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

29 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"The principles are most unlike anything else. You could say that various magic systems owe mindscapes manipulation a great debt." He holds the glass out to Galard and creates a second in his other hand.

Galard takes the glass, hesitantly, then sips. His eyes widen. "That's some good wine. Where did you summon it from?"

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Shock spread across the girl's face. She only knew where her home was because of the journal. She looked at the boy.

"Ooh... you can't talk can you? And you can only communicate somewhat with us through these?" She pointed to the drawings. "I've been watching and you haven't said a word."

The small boy exhaled in what seemed like relief, and stared off into nothing, looking for all the world like an ordinary, dejected little kid.

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard takes the glass, hesitantly, then sips. His eyes widen. "That's some good wine. Where did you summon it from?"

The mosquito flitted over to Galard and began to drink.

33 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave stared in shock at the white-gold dragon scale that the boy drew. He looked back up at the boy’s face. “You can read minds?”

Klave was too busy being shocked to notice. His blood tasted odd, not entirely human.

How not human are we talking here?

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

Nath allows the smallest crease of amusement to touch the corners of his eyes. He takes a sip from his own glass before responding. "I commanded the mindscapes to create glasses of a particularly rare vintage of wine that I remember from my youth so many eons ago."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The small boy exhaled in what seemed like relief, and stared off into nothing, looking for all the world like an ordinary, dejected little kid.

"You can't talk, but you can hear, and at least somewhat understand what we're saying. Can you draw your story?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The girl smiles a little. I'm going to take that as a yes. She sat down next to the boy. She sent him a mental message. Can you communicate with me this way? If not draw something.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mosquito flitted over to Galard and began to drink.

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath allows the smallest crease of amusement to touch the corners of his eyes. He takes a sip from his own glass before responding. "I commanded the mindscapes to create glasses of a particularly rare vintage of wine that I remember from my youth so many eons ago."

Galard distractedly scratched at the back of his neck, speechless. He murmured: "... Create... Out of thin air... No conservation of matter... Youth, eons ago? What the..." He shook his head, then took a small gulp of the wine. "I'll... Have to consider a few things. I don't think even dragons live that long..."

3 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

"You can't talk, but you can hear, and at least somewhat understand what we're saying. Can you draw your story?"

He looked at her sadly.

3 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The girl smiles a little. I'm going to take that as a yes. She sat down next to the boy. She sent him a mental message. Can you communicate with me this way? If not draw something.

The boy jolted a bit, but did not respond mentally.

5 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard distractedly scratched at the back of his neck, speechless. He murmured: "... Create... Out of thin air... No conservation of matter... Youth, eons ago? What the..." He shook his head, then took a small gulp of the wine. "I'll... Have to consider a few things. I don't think even dragons live that long..."

"In many cases mindscapes can only really recombine the stuff that they are made of to create. In those cases the shapers can use limited infinity of the mindscape to make what they desire. However, in rare cases those who know the intricacies of the magic leave conservation of matter behind. In this case I may have been showing off just a little."

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

He crumpled up the drawing of the scale and tossed it to Klave.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Klave nodded thankfully, vanishing the drawing into his cloak. “Thank you. Can you tell me why you’re here? Or draw it, perhaps?”

Mostly human, but there’s a large amount of dragon in his blood.

@xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"In many cases mindscapes can only really recombine the stuff that they are made of to create. In those cases the shapers can use limited infinity of the mindscape to make what they desire. However, in rare cases those who know the intricacies of the magic leave conservation of matter behind. In this case I may have been showing off just a little."

"Right." Galard said, adjusting quickly. "So... Mindscape... It's created by a person's mind? Can I learn how to manipulate it, or is it just for... Immortal creatures such as you?"

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave nodded thankfully, vanishing the drawing into his cloak. “Thank you. Can you tell me why you’re here? Or draw it, perhaps?”

@xinoehp512

The boy looked down at his fresh new clothes that he had taken from the room, then at the food on the table. He looked back up at Klave, still very much looking like the child he was, sad and lonely. If Klave paid close attention, he would see bruises and scraped on the boy's hands.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy looked down at his fresh new clothes that he had taken from the room, then at the food on the table. He looked back up at Klave, still very much looking like the child he was, sad and lonely. If Klave paid close attention, he would see bruises and scraped on the boy's hands.

Klave nodded slowly, following the boy’s gaze and noting the injuries on his hands. “I understand. I’m glad to meet you, and hope you’ll enjoy your stay at this strange inn.”

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Right." Galard said, adjusting quickly. "So... Mindscape... It's created by a person's mind? Can I learn how to manipulate it, or is it just for... Immortal creatures such as you?"

A glimmer appears in Nath's eyes. "Created by a mind no. More like... The stuff of mindscapes can be shaped using mind, will, and some magic. You can learn how anyone can make the attempt. True mastery takes a great deal of time. Limited control is also possible to learn given enough time. A mindscape can be commanded to obey all who enter which is likely the case here. Usually, guests in a foreign mindscape will not just be able to bend it to their will without significant skill, will, power or some combination of those things."

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

A glimmer appears in Nath's eyes. "Created by a mind no. More like... The stuff of mindscapes can be shaped using mind, will, and some magic. You can learn how anyone can make the attempt. True mastery takes a great deal of time. Limited control is also possible to learn given enough time. A mindscape can be commanded to obey all who enter which is likely the case here. Usually, guests in a foreign mindscape will not just be able to bend it to their will without significant skill, will, power or some combination of those things."

"... Right. And you had a very long time to practice. Got it."

He kept scratching at the back of his neck, there was something there...

"And this mindscape being likely to have been commanded to obey guests... Does it mean just people who trained with that? Or can it be easier for the untrained, too?"

He looked thoughtful. "I've been studying channelling Ether flows in the University, but since I'm on a vacation of sorts perhaps I can try learning something different. Though I won't really have much time to practice it, I guess..."

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

"... Right. And you had a very long time to practice. Got it."

He kept scratching at the back of his neck, there was something there...

"And this mindscape being likely to have been commanded to obey guests... Does it mean just people who trained with that? Or can it be easier for the untrained, too?"

He looked thoughtful. "I've been studying channelling Ether flows in the University, but since I'm on a vacation of sorts perhaps I can try learning something different. Though I won't really have much time to practice it, I guess..."

"You might say that." Amusement bubbling just beneath the surface. "Depending on the commands given it may be possible for even the untrained to affect this mindscape in limited ways."

1 hour ago, Shadowed said:

Azra spun round, Iyin nearly flying off her shoulder as she did so. “Hey, this is going to be sooo much fun! I haven’t had this many people to be friends with since -“

She blinked, then resumed her air of bubbly enthusiasm. Addressing the smart-looking man, she asked, “So what brings you here?”

@The Bookwyrm

"Curiosity, I suppose. I felt a new world appear within my grasp and decided to visit it. Though..." Bookwyrm fell silent.

"Nevermind. It's not important."

He glanced around the room again. A few new people had arrived, and seemed to be trying to hold a conversation with a boy who didn't talk.

Strange...

He glanced around. "Does anyone know where this 'Fadran' is?"

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

HOLY -

FIVE PAGES???????

We were bored. 

27 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"You might say that." Amusement bubbling just beneath the surface. "Depending on the commands given it may be possible for even the untrained to affect this mindscape in limited ways."

"Right. Can you recommend me where to start?"

51 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave nodded slowly, following the boy’s gaze and noting the injuries on his hands. “I understand. I’m glad to meet you, and hope you’ll enjoy your stay at this strange inn.”

The boy sniffed, and began tearing up, overwhelmed.