The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

I am BORED. Inactivity STINKS. I just wanna mess around with all my new friends here, so I made this thread.

Some of you know what Fellowship of the Thing is. That’s good! Some of you don’t. That’s probably better! This here is the OG “utter chaos” roleplay; making messes since 2020.

Effectively, there aren’t really any rules apart from the ones here on the Shard applying to this roleplay. This RP is really just a case study in “don’t godmod,” because the power level discrepancies and various personality differences makes it so that every issue can be resolved in a kgkhsillion ways. Just go with the storyline, do what your character does, don’t be mean, stay clear of the waffle man, and have fun!

Still don’t know what to do? Just make a character and drop them in. I don’t care how. Most of us literally appeared out of thin air for absolutely no reason and we all just called that good. A part of me says that I should throw in a guide for how to join, but in all honesty I think it’d be more true to the saga to make everyone figure it out on their own.

Fadrannnnn, where are the character sheets?

There are no character sheets. They are not required. Make one if you want; I don’t care.

Fadrannnnnnnn, what if I’m worried that my character will suck and everyone will hate them?

Just ask. PM me. Summon me. Find my street address and skywrite me. I’ll help you out.

Fadrannnnnnnnnnnn, what if my character is off on a side quest or somewhere else?

I’m getting to that. For now just plop them down in the Fellowship HQ; knowing how RPs go, just doing that will take us weeks to play out. FotT has traditionally used a whole slew of threads to keep track of everything, and I’ve still not given up on that subforum so we’re probably going to wind up doing that again.

Fadrannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I understand completely and have no questions whatsoever.

Begone.

We don’t serve your kind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Year: [Inapplicable]
Members: All

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Fadran walked down the hallway, whistling to himself as he stared out the window at the (currently covered and somewhat unclean) pool. He’d finally finished taking down all the christmas decorations, leaving the entire building… refreshingly normal. There were still some wintry bits and bobs here and there, but those could stay until spring decided to show up.

Cleaned the rooms, polished the doorknobs, removed the ceiling spikes… check.

Scrubbed the counters, wiped the tables, filled the breakfast bar… check.

Fixed the chandelier, filled up the netherworld entrance, exorcized the cursed cockroach infestation… check.

“Looks good to me.” Fadran said out loud.

You lined that door to the vampire-infested billiards room with silver? Icona asked.

“Sure did.”

And finally fixed the squeaking at the grand entrance?

“Yup.”

Then that should be it.

Fadran cracked his knuckles. “Then let’s get this going.”

He drew his Channelblade: now a long, aquamarine-colored katana, sheathed at his side beneath a cloak of deep green. With a snap of his fingers the two grand front doors swung open, revealing the sprawling snowcapped courtyard and cobblestone walkway sitting and waiting patiently for their guests to arrive from the intersection at Maybe Street and Somewhat Avenue. A grand red ribbon was pulled across the pillars before the doorway, the middle tied with a brilliant bow.

“Ready?”

I suppose.

Fadran slashed his blade across the ribbon, cleaving it cleanly in two.

With that the Mishmash Inn - the headquarters for the Fellowship of the Thing - had officially begun its grand reopening.

OG members: @Nathrangking @Enter a username @xinoehp512 

New members (interested parties): @The Bookwyrm @Ookla the Inverted @Telrao @Mr. Misting @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @PyroPhile @Shining Silhouette @Tani @NerdyAarakocra

This here is a really rough map of the area we're in. There might be things added to the other four quadrants later on, but for now just worry about the Mishmash Inn. If your character just happened to wander in then they will arrive from the west on Maybe Street, but fellow Fellowshippers also have a bad habit of falling from the sky.

MishmashHQ.jpg.ff8f0fc2e52980e55c283600c79fdf6e.jpg

The Inn stretches as far as the eye can see both to the East and to the South, but you can't actually walk far enough away to get out of sight of the entrance. The Junk Pit is currently closed off, and if you try walking up there you'll wind up coming from the south back to where you started. The inn itself consists of several floors, each filled with rooms that magically match whatever your character prefers, and are often quite a bit bigger on the inside (to an extent; your room can't be an entire mansion or the size of a planet). There are a number of other areas on each floor to entertain people (such as the outdoor pool, indoor pool, and library on the first floor).

For now, just worry about the entrance: a massive lobby currently glittering with light winter decorations. The receptionists are out right now, so Fadran is greeting all the newcomers himself.

Some extra context for OG members who actually know a bit of lore:

Spoiler

Season II begins about three years after the events of FotT S1. Fadran and Icona have just finished remodeling his pocket dimension, and have reopened it to Macrocosmic wanderers, adventure-seekers, and generally random folk. 

Some other other things (encouragements and discouragements):

Spoiler
  • We encourage awkward romance arcs!
  • We discourage long-winded passages of kissing or sappiness.
  • We encourage witty prose and whiplash dialogue!
  • We discourage swearing for the younger folks in here.
  • We encourage epic fight scenes and consequences to your actions!
  • We discourage heavy gore and excessive  b l o o d.
  • We encourage having fun!
  • We discourage  j e r k s.

CURRENT MISSIONS

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Enter a username activated his primary emergency teleporter. Not because there was any sort of emergency-- just for old times' sake. That was how he wound up with the Fellowship, after all. Though he didn't activate the same exact one again. Its purpose was to be completely unpredictable by sending him literally anywhere at random in the Macrosmos. No, this one was his primary emergency teleporter. It was a much more recent development-- a teleporter that sent him within a few feet of the entrance to the Mishmash Inn.

He looked at Fadran, then at the boy. "New arrival already? Huh."

1 minute ago, Enter a username said:

He looked at Fadran, then at the boy. "New arrival already? Huh."

"Hopefully we didn't get another interdimensional traffic request clog."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy continued staring at Fadran. His eyes were a bright blue... then green. Then yellow. They seemed to change every time he looked at the boy from a slightly different angle.

"D'you want a room?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Are there any interesting things that he could do that he shouldn't know how to?

The boy sat down in front of the door, as though waiting. He ran his hands through his hair nervously, rocking back and forth with the restlessness one might expect from a child his age.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
Yayy they're back

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran, a little hesitant, walked over and handed the kid his key. “I guess you don’t have to talk. Let me know if you need anything.”

I dunno. There doesn't have to be anything, but it could be some sort of hidden compartment or thing to activate.

The boy took the key and quickly opened the door, going inside.

What is inside?

Right. I'm going to try doing this. Again.

For inconsistency's sake, I'll use a new character - my previous one still needs some work. No one will care anyway - I doubt anyone remembers him.

A fifteen-foot-tall yellow dragon landed right before the inn. A man jumped off him, looking around then going to the steps of the inn. His dragon sat where he landed, gaze locked on the man. "Hello, is this Mishmash Inn?" He asked.

A girl of around 15 with a spider monkey perched atop her shoulder strode up to the inn. “Hi,” she said brightly, proffering her hand. “I’m Azra, nice to meet you, and all that. I don’t suppose you have a room going spare? Everywhere else is full, you see. Oh, this is Iyin, my monkey, I hope you don’t mind him. He’s very well behaved, I promise.”