The pictures

Oltux72

1. To me it looks like hanging crystals of some kind.
  2. In-world explanation might be water-vapour when the Zephyr spores release their air explosion.
  3. I am not sure I understand what that reference might be? Am I missing something. As surely the.. sizeable nature of that suggestively shaped tower/ship would be a compliment to Jeff.

If I had to guess I'd say that the smoke/vapour and the hanging crystals are just artistic expression. The scene called for a gun to be shot at Crow, so the art shows that. Even if the actual mechanism on this world would likely not leave a trail like that. I could imagine a blast of water and vapour as it fires, but I cannot see why that would linger long. The hanging crystals look pretty, but I do not think we have any reason to believe they relate to her story personally. They could be salt crystals which would fit with the Rock.

1. I think everyone’s right about it being salt. Makes the most sense.

2. Ann was saying that she liked the scent of zephyr spores. The fact that spore guns release a scent and an explosion suggest that they create a gas, which is probably what is seen rising from Crow’s gun.

3. I think it was. I think it was also, somehow, foreshadowing that 

Spoiler

The tower would turn out to be a rocket.

Brandon Sanderson is one of a kind.

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 10:34 AM, HeavilyInvestedRamen said:
  1. I am not sure I understand what that reference might be? Am I missing something. As surely the.. sizeable nature of that suggestively shaped tower/ship would be a compliment to Jeff.

He has a history of... phallic space ships.