This needs to be a movie

Karger

This needs to be a movie.

Enough said.  I know that some of you must be film students.  Your great Brandon Sanderson high priest commands you...

In all serious though this book was surprisingly cinematic.  All of he characters have wonderful quirks that would be very easily portrayed and the world itself would create some amazing opportunities for images.  I think this book might be the best of any of brandon's for a story that is easily adapted to another medium.  Anyone have actors in mind for different characters.  Music? Direction?

4 hours ago, Karger said:

This needs to be a movie.

Enough said.  I know that some of you must be film students.  Your great Brandon Sanderson high priest commands you...

In all serious though this book was surprisingly cinematic.  All of he characters have wonderful quirks that would be very easily portrayed and the world itself would create some amazing opportunities for images.  I think this book might be the best of any of brandon's for a story that is easily adapted to another medium.  Anyone have actors in mind for different characters.  Music? Direction?

It has been confirmed that Brandon is talking wit Hollywood.
Speculations were always that the material targeted were established worlds. Because they are known to readers. But by the time a movie were made the Secret Projects will be well known.

This book would make an amazing movie. The art in the book is already incredible, though I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a clearer picture of the two oceans mixing.

If it's made into a movie, one thing is certain. Every one of the Dougs must be played by the same actor. 

Ooh. Can it be Enola Holmes style so we can occasionally get the witty interjections and 4th wall breaks by Hoid. That would be one way to preserve the idea that he is telling the story without using the frame story idea just like Brandon did. 

I do feel like this would indeed make a great movie. I think that this might be one of the easiest of Brandon’s books to actually condense to a 2 hour timeframe while still keeping the spirit of it and not having the characterization suffer. 

3 hours ago, FireandAshes said:

I had your exact same thought OP. Especially the Crimson sea scenes felt very cinematic, I would give anything to see huge spikes shooting up alongside rain. 

Very much yes.  I would also like the sequences of Tess saving everyone.  I think its a great introduction to Sanderson's style of writing in which heroics both make sense and are properly planed ahead of time (just like real life!).  I also think a group of good actors under the right direction could make the scene where her father calls in favors really good.

It would make an excellent movie, both for visuals and because, being a shorter story, you'd need to cut far less out to make it fit!

Actualy, this could very easily make an incredible animated movie more than probably any other Cosmere story (I'm for for real-life adaptation for everything else)