If you were a fullborn, what would you use your powers for?

MangoBoi101

Honestly, if I'm a Fullborn, and I'm in the current world, and there were no other metalborn or magic and it was just me?

First thing I'd do would be to train in secret.  Learn all my abilities . And then I'd start compounding attributes.  All of them.  I would make sure to never reveal to anyone how my magic works.  It would just work.  

I'd systematyically learn exactly what my limits were.  How much Health can I store in a single Goldmind?  How much strength, etc.  How much Steel do I need to make sure I don't run out in a day?  I'd then take those numbers and craft whatever bracers, rings or whatnot that I needed.  I'd probably imbed most of my metalminds in my skin in inocuous places, so I'd never be without them. 

Then?  I don't think there's a force on the planet that could stop me, save a nuclear explosion.  So...I'd really just do whatever I wanted.  In all honesty, once I had all my powers down, I'd probably use it to make some money first.  Not sure how, but Emotional Allomancy may be involved.  I tend to agree with Breeze in whether or not it's immoral.  Emotional Allomancy is no different than a woman wearing a revealing top to get men to do what she wants.  

Once I had all the money I ever needed, and all my family and closest friends were taken care of, I'd probably pick a project and run with it.  Righting the wrongs I see in the world.  Not saying I'd do the whole 'superhero' thing, but I'd do what I could to fix things.  Not sure what that would look like, but when you have that kind of power, you should use it to better those around you.  And as a Fullborn, it would be similar to when Dr. Manhattan joined the Veitnam war.  If there was a war and I decded to stop it, I could stop it.  All you gotta do is kill the people in charge.  

On 1/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, MangoBoi101 said:

So if you had mistborn powers, would you show other people or keep them a secret? would you join the military due to being increadibly strong? or would you just live normally but with the perks of healing etc. 

Mistborn powers, or Fullborn powers? Huge difference.

Definitely learn limits of my powers and practice with them first.

What I did from there would depend on ahaf metals I could get*.

I'm not a fighter by nature. I don't think I could keep them completely secret from everyone - I'm inherently bad at keeping secrets and sooner or later if I used the powers someone would notice something.

However, not fighting would mean I'm mostly using internal powers, especially Feruchemy, and the ones I'd want to use the most in everyday life aren't really externally visible (f-brass, f-zinc, f-copper, possibly f-tin and f-bronze). So if I just used them for quality of life

To do anything useful to others with the powers (say help after disasters or clean up contaminated areas) I'd have to reveal them to *someone*. So it's kind of a dilemma.

Well, I guess ...depending on how powerful zinc compounding is... maybe I could use zinc compounding (plus a little f-copper?) to become a super inventor and invent lots of things that would help people, without revealing that it came from anything but genius. Still, I'd need finances for that...

The big temptation would be to use emotional Allomancy to get money, but that's soooooo unethical. And it'd be a doubly bad temptation in a world where no one knew it was a possibility - it'd be really powerful. And useful in almost everything (though I'm too socially blind to use it well). That's the scary part.

(I'd probably have to avoid airplanes, since I'd certainly put some metalminds in my body permanently - especially gold).

*If this is modern Earth, not Scadrial, it might be very hard to get the right alloys for some powers (Allomancer's pewter is not the same composition as usual pewter, for example). That's a pretty big limitation ... having Iron but not Steel keeps me from doing a lot of the classic Mistborn tricks, Pewter Allomancy is quite powerful, Duralumin is a major power boost. And of the 8 pure metals, copper and chromium don't do anything without other Allomancers around. Aluminum is essentially useless. Gold is philosophically/personally interesting but gold doesn't have much practical use. So the useful Allomantic powers I'd be left with are tin, iron, zinc, and cadmium. And zinc is ethically iffy and cadmium is fairly narrowly useful.

Also, no atium, so no Fullborn immortality.

So it would be very useful to try to find a way to get the right alloys, at least for those with known composition (pewter, electrum, and duralumin iirc?)

The Feruchemy situation is better because none of the powers rely on having others with powers around. Tin, iron, copper, zinc, gold, cadmium, and chromium all havr useful powers, though we don't know muxh about chromium. Aluminum's usefulness is iffy.

Also, experimenting with alloys should be way safer with Feruchemy, so it might be possible to get useful bronze, steel, brass, and bendalloy. (With sufficient money to get them custom made in various compositions.) But with Gold Compounding not having bendalloy doesn't lose you much on the Feruchemy side.

Edited by cometaryorbit

Sorry this is fullborn powers typo I guess

your reply about ethically using some metals might be hard someone above had the opposite view, the view that you have the powers, so why not use them, other people are strong is it ethically wrong to be super strong even when theres people out there who (due to some disability) cant be that strong ever? I think it might be the same thing in that case. 

about the finding of the right alloy im sure that would not be to hard if you told someone who knows about that stuff, I mean we know that vin got copper from eating normally so thats one metal which can be found in food, so you can prove that you have the powers to someone else and then they can help you find more alloys. 

otherwise heres a followup question what would you do if you had access to every metal (yes including leriasium).

I would be the laziest Fullborn you can imagine. I would attach everything around me to small pieces of metal, so I could push and pull on it without moving, and get and do everything I want to. I would use time bubbles for my convenience. And with feruchemy, thanks to compounding, I would always have full metal minds with me. But, I would want to have some empty ones, as e.g. I would fill bronzemind very often so I could finally sleep as long as I want, while storing tinmind so nothing would disturb me. I would also heal my bad eyesight, or at least replace it with supreme A-Tin and F-Tin compounding. Also compounding energy would allow me to ignore eating on very lazy days (while storing determination to be even more lazy).
And then I would excel in mental abilities. I would infuse my copperminds with Brandon’s books, all the WoBs and Coppermind.net and together with Chromium, Zink, Electrum and Bronze compounding I would create the best theories 17th Shard ever seen, and win every debate.

And then go back to being the laziest Fullborn possible.

58 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I would be the laziest Fullborn you can imagine. I would attach everything around me to small pieces of metal, so I could push and pull on it without moving, and get and do everything I want to. I would use time bubbles for my convenience. And with feruchemy, thanks to compounding, I would always have full metal minds with me. But, I would want to have some empty ones, as e.g. I would fill bronzemind very often so I could finally sleep as long as I want, while storing tinmind so nothing would disturb me. I would also heal my bad eyesight, or at least replace it with supreme A-Tin and F-Tin compounding. Also compounding energy would allow me to ignore eating on very lazy days (while storing determination to be even more lazy).
And then I would excel in mental abilities. I would infuse my copperminds with Brandon’s books, all the WoBs and Coppermind.net and together with Chromium, Zink, Electrum and Bronze compounding I would create the best theories 17th Shard ever seen, and win every debate.

And then go back to being the laziest Fullborn possible.

That is funny also I thought of another thing if you were a fullborn, could brandon alter your powers by saying for instance that if a fullborn uses a pc he atuomatically gains infinate power, or would the power be set to what it is in the book as of right now? 

I would live on normally, but with the benefits of feruchemy and allomancy. If I wanted to compound metals I would need to figure out a stable source of money to by metals. I would probably try to use emotional allomancy to get money. If I would go join the military, enemies would discover my powers immediately and would overwhelm me, take me captive, remove my metalminds and I think that I can change the world better with metalborn powers in politics, not in battle.

7 minutes ago, MangoBoi101 said:

That is funny also I thought of another thing if you were a fullborn, could brandon alter your powers by saying for instance that if a fullborn uses a pc he atuomatically gains infinate power, or would the power be set to what it is in the book as of right now? 

Well, what Brandon says is a canon, so if he suddenly decide to change how Fullborn works, then we would be affected by it, sadly.

I would live a mostly normal life, but with all the benefits of allomancy and compounded feruchemy. I probably woudn't be immortal, because no atium IRL, but I would never sleep, probably never turn on the lights to save electricity, etc. Constantly be tapping gold and a little bit of steel. I would definetly not keep my powers secret, though I might keep the details under wraps. But I would probably use them to make money somehow. Maybe just use a-bendalloy/f-zinc/f-copper to work super fast? I probably woudn't have to work at all, actually, just being a wizard would net me enough fame and fortune to live off of and buy metals with.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:07 PM, Frustration said:

I unfortunately know too much about humans to trust in their... humanity. If I revealed any powers I'd get abducted by some government agency or another trying to replicate them.

Normal life with slightly better quality for me.

i doubt any current government would be able to capture you. at least not for long. fullborn powers are absolutely godlike.

19 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

i doubt any current government would be able to capture you. at least not for long. fullborn powers are absolutely godlike.

Nerve gas, tear gas, nets, tanks that weigh over a ton, tasers, the fact that they outnumber you two million to one.

Actually thinking about it you have nothing to counter tasers, technically they aren't harming you so you can't heal from it, and it's not pain so you can't store it. So yeah, they just tase you and then you can't move.

25 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Nerve gas, tear gas, nets, tanks that weigh over a ton, tasers, the fact that they outnumber you two million to one.

Actually thinking about it you have nothing to counter tasers, technically they aren't harming you so you can't heal from it, and it's not pain so you can't store it. So yeah, they just tase you and then you can't move.

they'd have to get close enough for that
you can fly
and move at super ultra speed
and even if they do capture you, good luck keeping you there

Just now, dannnnnex said:

You can do it from pretty far away, and if it took them too long they'd make bullets that functions the same way.

2 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

you can fly

So can they, but they can fly higher, faster and lose practically nothing in doing so.

5 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

Not for long, even moving at near sonic speeds would take ludicrous amounts of storage. You can't even run fast enough that sonar would lose sight of you.

7 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

Take away your metals and there isn't much you can do.

10 minutes ago, dannnnnex said:

you can fly

They have lasers, cameras with AI, and huge industrial magnets. You can't fly, you just push away from the ground, closely to the it - every jet in the sky would be out of your range.

37 minutes ago, Frustration said:

They disturb proper electrical signals in your nerves (is that how they work?), which I think could be "healed". 

Edited by alder24

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Not for long, even moving at near sonic speeds would take ludicrous amounts of storage. You can't even run fast enough that sonar would lose sight of you.

You're a fullborn, compound it.

2 minutes ago, alder24 said:

They disturb proper electrical signals in your nerves (is that how they work?), which I think could be "healed". 

I don't think that would work anymore than you could heal your way out of a grip. Your nerves are behaving normally, they're just responding to stimuli that doesn't come from your brain. And even if it did work, it'd burn through your healing so fast they'd still get you.

1 minute ago, dannnnnex said:

You're a fullborn, compound it.

That won't be enough. You could run at X2 speed for forever, but if you wanted to go near sonic levels it would take weeks of nonstop compounding for you to run for a couple seconds.

Just now, Frustration said:

I don't think that would work anymore than you could heal your way out of a grip. Your nerves are behaving normally, they're just responding to stimuli that doesn't come from your brain. And even if it did work, it'd burn through your healing so fast they'd still get you.

They don't respond normally that's the problem. That currnet is also not normal for nerves. Tasers can cause injury or death. Autoimmune disease or allergy would also be normal and non-healable? I don't agree also on burning through healing - Miles showed us how much healing compounder can have. Healing electrical signals is far less intensive than healing explosion in your face.

1 minute ago, alder24 said:

They don't respond normally that's the problem. That currnet is also not normal for nerves. Tasers can cause injury or death.

The damage is not, but the behavior is. Healing would repair the damage, but wouldn't stop the nerves from responding.

Just now, alder24 said:

Autoimmune disease or allergy would also be normal and non-healable?

If they were genetic then yes they would be unhealable.

1 minute ago, alder24 said:

I don't agree also on burning through healing - Miles showed us how much healing compounder can have. Healing electrical signals is far less intensive than healing explosion in your face.

But they can last for far longer, under normal use batteries will hold charge for three months.

if i have proper knowledge i could do pretty much i wanted. even though i would be a full born , first i would be new to powers second is getting metals for both metallic arts . hiding them on body would be difficult since there are plenty of metal detectors around . 

. i would use arts  to learn about luck , identity , connection and other stuff . with connection , i would learn all languages of world with luck, i would make  mony from gambling. i would use copper to store as much information i  wanted.  i could pass any exam , any where . i would learn how to be conspicuous in society , i would infiltrate people and organizations using emotional allomancy along with my knowledge about luck. 

you see where i am going . i would become a lone vigilant , keeping close eye on world and set the things right. of course i would first learn all i could about laws of countries and international relations . i will understand that this world can never be a heaven , it will never be white. it will remain gray , i would do my best to lighten the shade of gray for world .

and that is without knowing all cool compounding abilities . for lesarium, i would become teacher and follow closely life of some childern . i would give them lesarium if i found them worth after at least decade of keeping close tabs on them . i wont let them knlw that i am a full born , i would never use allomancy nearn them and use only Feruchemy . eventually i would become something like nick fury as i would manipulate mistborn heros into getting along with each other and guiding them world , keeping peace and prosperity etc.

and of course being a full fullborn , i will use atium to be immortal , though i would not show that i am young , i would halt my age near 50. amd after some 80 years, i would vanish from piblic entirely and chose a new identity and repeat growing old again and so on....

that are some of my intentions.

15 minutes ago, nyxvoid said:

if i have proper knowledge i could do pretty much i wanted. even though i would be a full born , first i would be new to powers second is getting metals for both metallic arts . hiding them on body would be difficult since there are plenty of metal detectors around . 

. i would use arts  to learn about luck , identity , connection and other stuff . with connection , i would learn all languages of world with luck, i would make  mony from gambling. i would use copper to store as much information i  wanted.  i could pass any exam , any where . i would learn how to be conspicuous in society , i would infiltrate people and organizations using emotional allomancy along with my knowledge about luck. 

you see where i am going . i would become a lone vigilant , keeping close eye on world and set the things right. of course i would first learn all i could about laws of countries and international relations . i will understand that this world can never be a heaven , it will never be white. it will remain gray , i would do my best to lighten the shade of gray for world .

and that is without knowing all cool compounding abilities . for lesarium, i would become teacher and follow closely life of some childern . i would give them lesarium if i found them worth after at least decade of keeping close tabs on them . i wont let them knlw that i am a full born , i would never use allomancy nearn them and use only Feruchemy . eventually i would become something like nick fury as i would manipulate mistborn heros into getting along with each other and guiding them world , keeping peace and prosperity etc.

and of course being a full fullborn , i will use atium to be immortal , though i would not show that i am young , i would halt my age near 50. amd after some 80 years, i would vanish from piblic entirely and chose a new identity and repeat growing old again and so on....

that are some of my intentions.

Fortune isn't luck, but the ability to see the future, I suppose you could still use it for gambling, just not in the way you think.