PSA - The State of the Sanderson 2022 is up

Ixthos

8 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm a bit annoyed that Dragonsteel is now only a maybe, but this is a #firstworldsanderfan problem. I shall just have to find a way to survive it.

Thought the exact same thing. I always thought of this as one of the core series of the Cosmere and it now seems to be demoted to a maybe side project. This was surprising. 

23 minutes ago, Shardsplinter said:

I beg of this wonderful fandom that we all collectively decide Knights of Wind and Truth is obviously and clearly shortened as KoWT. 

I NEED THIS SYMMETRY IN MY LIFE 

Reveal hidden contents

Also can someone please remind Brandon of his own H rule. Honor was beggin to be in that tittle....

I move to ignore that and continue to use KoW, because we don't do TWoK we do WoK.

30 minutes ago, Yuliya said:

OMG, yes! I think it is laudable what Brandon does for authors, even if it may hurt his own sales. I had no idea Audible is that monopolistic

Yes I found this part interesting. I'm a big audio book listener and I knew they had pretty much cornered the market but I did not know they were paying creators so poorly. 

3 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Yes I found this part interesting. I'm a big audio book listener and I knew they had pretty much cornered the market but I did not know they were paying so poorly. 

I have an Audible subscription too and love the service. I hope they reconsider they pricing policy (40% for the creator is incredibly, almost scandalously, little)

10 hours ago, Yuliya said:

OMG, yes! I think it is laudable what Brandon does for authors, even if it may hurt his own sales. I had no idea Audible is that monopolistic

It's cool that he wants to use his clout to create change in the system, truly it is, but I worry that things like this may lead to reprisals from places like Amazon... 

1 hour ago, Nesh said:

It's cool that he wants to use his clout to create change in the system, truly it is, but I worry that things like this may lead to reprisals from places like Amazon... 

I worry about this as well.  I love that he's willing to flex his "successful content creator" muscles in defense of authors everywhere... but Amazon has a LOT more muscle.  Luckily, at least some of their decision-making process has to include public opinion, right?  *crosses fingers*

I'm a bit disappointed by this state of sanderson.

no, not that there's anything disappointing in there. it's been a good brandon year.

it's just that i already knew it all.

i was hoping for some new nuggets. other years it happened. instead, no big announcements, no new secret projects, no preview chapters. it's like waiting for a christmas gift, and then it's something you already have.

I have hoped that the collaborative novel with Stewart would already have a publication date... At least it still seems to be going forward. I have a real hunkering for an exploration/expedition type story in era 2. There is all that unknown land beyond the Roughs! There are  mysterious islands! In fact, before the details about TLM became known, I expected that Our Heroes would chase after the Set into the wilderness beyond the Roughs and that the final confrontation would happen in a secret base somewhere far outside the Basin. And honestly, I'd still would have preferred such a scenario to what we got.

I also really like the broadsheet stories about Nikki and Nazh. Allomancer Jak too, but Sanderson has his plate full and I'd rather he concentrate on Stormlight 5/Mistborn Era 3. Though I was disappointed that Handerwym wasn't revealed as a Ghostblood in TLM. You'd think that popularizing exploration, while learning juicy secrets anout the post-Catacendre world is something that Kelsier would want,  and Connector powers are potentially very versatile and valuable. Also, somebody who was able to work with Jak for so long can only be an excellent team-player...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That tentative name reveal for Stormlight 5 really did something to my brain.

Assuming the trend holds true, and the title is also an in-world document, The Knights of Wind and Truth sounds like the name of a memorial piece/biography for our favorite Windrunner and possibly entire bridge crew.