Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

Willam nodded in understanding. "Responding in RP is hard. Unless you just put everything you would say OOC in quotes and have your character cheekily break the fourth wall every other sentence.

";)"

Knitting his hands together, Willam thought to add a disclaimer. "That being said, I wouldn't recommend this course of action to everyone. It somewhat takes the fun out of RPing, and is only useful if you don't particularly mind that. I'm the kind of person who has a character but doesn't do anything with them, and this forces me to, even if functionally nothing changes."

Willam's eyes had glossed over somewhere during that sentence, and he blinked, coming back to his senses. "My, my. Where did that come from? No matter... returning to the response:

"I'm not sure if I can agree with your first sentence there, as how it is framed changes rather a lot. I'm not sure what makes you think the Spiked would be so obvious about their TMI. I would say 'especially spiked!me' but, well, that wouldn't mean anything to you."

As Aylia sat at her desk, she couldn't shake the feeling of doubt that lingered in the back of her mind. She knew that she had to be careful in her investigations, to not let her emotions cloud her judgement. But it was hard, especially with the knowledge that she could be executed if she accused the wrong person of being a Spiked.

She couldn't help but think back to her conversations with Willam. He had always seemed a little suspicious to her, with his evasive answers and strange behavior. But was it just because she was feeling paranoid and anxious about the situation, or was there really something off about him?

Aylia sighed and rubbed her temples, feeling the weight of the situation bearing down on her. She knew that she had to trust her instincts, but it was hard to do when she was constantly second guessing herself. She just hoped that she would be able to find the Spiked before it was too late.

12 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

"I'm not sure if I can agree with your first sentence there, as how it is framed changes rather a lot. I'm not sure what makes you think the Spiked would be so obvious about their TMI. I would say 'especially spiked!me' but, well, that wouldn't mean anything to you."

That does mean something to me :P

After much contemplation, Aylia made the difficult decision to move Willam from her list of highest suspects. She knew that it might not be the most logical choice, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was making the wrong decision. 

This issue...seemed different. There were just too many conflicting pieces of information, but she was sure she would find other places to look.

Edit:

6 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Hey y’all Please forgive any upcoming absence. I am being sent to the emergency room. Happy new year.

Oh no! I hope you get better soon!

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

Double posting cause I intend to vote

Aylia stood at the front of the village, her heart pounding in her chest as she addressed the gathered crowd.

"I propose Sage Kangaroo as a candidate to be lynched," she declared, trying to keep her voice steady. "I have observed him lurking in the shadows, acting suspiciously and evading questioning."

He posted a single time and yet was active as of an hour ago and had read my PM an hour ago and yet not responded

Aylia could see the fear and mistrust in their eyes, and she knew that they were all thinking the same thing: that they couldn't afford to take any chances. But she stood firm, her gaze unwavering as she waited.

Donn Keihote's metal armor clanked with every step he took as he approached the town. He, being invincible, could safely wear metal, unlike everyone else, who was not invincible. Donn Keihote walked into town, wearing a worn vest and threadbare trousers. His chest was puffed out and his bearing grand, as though he were a noble, or even the Lord Mistborn.

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin
formatting

1 hour ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

AN12 just a very odd comparator

I'll trust your revision of my stated narrative. I mentioned Falcon's approach because it was on my mind after deleting the leftover PMs from it at the start of the game. Foolish animals, they should have known that anything not written in metal can be purged. 

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

but there's really no reason they can't all be villagers.

What's wrong with promoting some soft village clears? 

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Hey y’all Please forgive any upcoming absence. I am being sent to the emergency room. Happy new year.

May The Lord Ruler bless you with health!

Edit

@Magenta Albatross pretend you're on the evil team. Would you make PMs with everyone if one of your teammates was already doing it? 

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

Mauve is still a villager, especially with the newest post and trying to encourage me to get into the game. 

Lean V on Falcon for now, simply for effort. I don't encourage this but the way he's making his reads, well, readable, is good for the village and there's no use killing that before anything else. 

Dingo's shade on Falcon for that post is strange, but the conclusion is good with saying it's not worth voting over others. 

7 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

@Magenta Albatross pretend you're on the evil team. Would you make PMs with everyone if one of your teammates was already doing it? 

Now see, I'm not the person to try and make PMs with everyone in the first place. 

would I be someone to mass PM people if I had a teammate with the same tendencies though? Yeah, I would. There's a lot of manipulation that can happen behind the scenes, and depending on size of game/elim team it can be hard to coordinate enough with just one person. Not only that, but the different styles people would have to communicate, the different methods of gaining info, the different way of talking to people will appeal to different people. Someone who might not want to listen to me or open up to me might have a different reaction to a teammate. 

So the short answer is no.
But the long answer is that it depends on the person and regardless of the reason for doing so, there /is/ a strategic advantage from attacking from more than one side.

Agolac's memory wasn't the best (in fact, it was possibly the worst), but the name of Donn Keihote resonated somewhere in those unfathomable depths, and surely such a man could not be Spiked. It would just be unthinkable. Didn't change the fact that someone was likely to die today. And, well, it was becoming clear that not everyone in Tyrian Falls was the person they claimed to be. If Donn Keihote really was here, no mob would be able to vanquish him.

9 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Now see, I'm not the person to try and make PMs with everyone in the first place. 

would I be someone to mass PM people if I had a teammate with the same tendencies though? Yeah, I would. There's a lot of manipulation that can happen behind the scenes, and depending on size of game/elim team it can be hard to coordinate enough with just one person. Not only that, but the different styles people would have to communicate, the different methods of gaining info, the different way of talking to people will appeal to different people. Someone who might not want to listen to me or open up to me might have a different reaction to a teammate. 

So the short answer is no.
But the long answer is that it depends on the person and regardless of the reason for doing so, there /is/ a strategic advantage from attacking from more than one side.

*Sideeye*

7 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

"My issue is less that Dragonfly are not changing their vote and more to the fact that they aren't contributing to the discussion. They clearly could post as they did, but decided to do it in a non-contributory way. One of the Spiked-indication is they plonk down votes and try to go unnoticed WHILE posting, which is what it looks like Dragonfly is doing. For sure, WitLees [Chameleon] is also guilty of this and I did mention I was suspicious of them. But all the discussion around Aylia happened AFTER the last time WitLees spoke, which was my point [OOC: this is assuming they haven't been online since the last time they posted]."

Chameleon had been on after their vote, about 5 hours before I made mine iirc. Granted, Dragonfly had also been around without posting. And your main arguments didn't seem to be about non-contribution, only focused on the non-shifting votes. I agree that's something to look for, but there are many others who fit that category, including Pearl Chameleon, who I still think better fits the stable-vote-but-not-contributing category. And Magenta Albatross was still non-contributing (at least, they were until an hour ago).

7 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

"You misunderstand. I wasn't talking about it statistically. It just isn't optimum/orthodox for the Spiked team to do because more number of Spiked sharing info = more chances of confusing who is supposed to know what = more chances of a slip-up, which is why I mentioned there might be at least one villager among the three UNLESS the Spiked like gambits and taking risks. All these are observations to re-look in the future."

I understand that you weren't talking about it statistically, just that I was. It just feels like a trap to assume the Spiked won't do something unexpected. Following the optimal path is too much a paradox, because it becomes so predictable it becomes suboptimal.

I do like the slip-up chances as a reason for your read, though. I hadn't considered that.

8 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

"This is interesting. They haven't been in communication with me privately as well. However, unlike you, I did not reach out to them. But, I'd like to know if there were other private communications from them too."

Does this have any sway on your opinion on there being at least one Villager among Chameleon/Hyena/Ostrich?

I do vaguely agree with Crocodile, in that a Spiked would follow through with a promise. But this is largely because Villagers have that expectation to be helpful as well. Regardless, I would much prefer to hear from @Pearl Chameleon themselves, and I feel decently confident in my vote from their Hyena vote being unreferenced. They haven't been on for 18 hours, though, and my read of Hyena is wavering from the vote on Kangaroo.

There's also the point that I'd expect most people who would reach out to everybody, not to claim so in thread. But to be honest I haven't received other PMs that I myself haven't initiated, which means this is unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Can I ask why?

"I find this post to be in a strange disagreement with this post in a way that doesn't sit right with me. Also, I've cooled off on suspecting you and don't really feel like adding to any of the other trains I can think of."

Willam supposed that he couldn't simply leave that hanging. "@Onyx Flamingo, what made you vote Penguin in one post, then come back later and RP about what a villager Penguin is without referring back to anything else you've said?"

31 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Willam supposed that he couldn't simply leave that hanging. "@Onyx Flamingo, what made you vote Penguin in one post, then come back later and RP about what a villager Penguin is without referring back to anything else you've said?"

"Donn Keihote, if he is truly here, could not possibly be Spiked. But the man claiming to be him hasn't performed any great deeds, so I remain doubtful until I see evidence of his character. Or it's possible that I've forgotten something."

[OOC]: There is a conflict between my like of Penguin's name/character and my dislike for the lack of contribution/voting. So I tried to RP in a way that reflected that, and apparently failed.

Current GM vote count:

Saffron Iguana (2): Sunburst Toucan, Mint Heron
Melon Dingo (2): Coral Swan, Indigo Weasel
Azure Mouse (2): Mauve Crocodile, Sage Kangaroo
Chartreuse Penguin (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Onyx Flamingo (1): Cream Tuatara
Mint Heron (1): Salmon Meerkat
Ivory Dragonfly (1): Emerald Falcon
Pearl Chameleon (1): Melon Dingo
Sage Kangaroo (1): Charcoal Hyena
Magenta Albatross (1): Ivory Dragonfly
Charcoal Hyena (1): Pearl Chameleon

Are seven people alright with this distribution?

Pearl Chameleon

Of the three other two-votes, Mouse has contributed some at meaningful points, and Penguin is strictly inactive... and to be honest, that CR intrigues me.

And there's Crocodile and Hyena voting on the same person.

Intriguing.

Saffron Iguana, as they seem to fit the lack of involvement despite being present.