The Relationship Advice Thread, by Dr. Calano

Medium

Hello.

My name is Dr. Calano Cornelius Corvus. I specialize in relationship advice, unofficial relationship therapy, and general being there for people.

I'm here to listen to all of your problems with relationships, or your highlights of relationships. Those who need help can come here for advice, tips, free of charge, from me and others.

Ask away, my friends. I will listen and answer.

Not really advice for myself but I feel like my chickens are not being very friendly to each other. They often fight over things like mealworms or time in the dust bath. How can I promote more companionship between them? Pic of the response I get when I try to talk to them about the situation. 

51EE0C82-C6A7-4D5D-8A78-AEBDBF8E4653_1_105_c.jpeg

Okay, so how about this

Spoiler

Coffee girl mentioned in the "Non-Single Pringle Club" wants to go to dinner

Somewhere... fancy

VERY fancy

So, I would lime tips,

On how to avoid

A mental breakdown

She texted me about 15 minutes ago and I haven't responded for fear of dying to death while typing.

Ah yes! My specialty.

Gay.

Lmao.

Anyways;

Deep breaths, deep deep breaths. Calm your heart rate, clear your head, move through this bit by bit. Fancy dinner sounds like a date, so communicate with her and ask after dress code, time, date, etc etc.

Deep breaths again!! Keep doing them! And hey, just have fun. It's a date, and if she asked you to fancy dinner, she thinks you're cool. Just be yourself, enjoy yourself, enjoy her company.

Hope that helps. Ask if you need more clarification or advice, I'll do my best.

@Sequence

Edited by CalanoCorvus

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

My rabbits run away from me when I try to pet them. How can I get them to like me more? Thanks in advance Dr. @CalanoCorvus.

I think it's just a bit of natural rabbit behaviour, because something touching them means another rabbit or a predator. 

Honestly it will take time, perhaps a few years. My cats took quite a bit of time before they got used to and started wanting attention from us. One of our cats will sleep on my bed during the day and will headbutt me when I come home. Demanding attention in a cat way as that's how they show affection.

It will just take time, give them time and space to approach you as they want.

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I think it's just a bit of natural rabbit behaviour, because something touching them means another rabbit or a predator. 

Honestly it will take time, perhaps a few years. My cats took quite a bit of time before they got used to and started wanting attention from us. One of our cats will sleep on my bed during the day and will headbutt me when I come home. Demanding attention in a cat way as that's how they show affection.

It will just take time, give them time and space to approach you as they want.

Thanks. I do understand that. I just get a little impatient some times.

Mostly, I just wanted to mess with the doctor.

13 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Ah yes! My specialty.

Gay.

Lmao.

Anyways;

Deep breaths, deep deep breaths. Calm your heart rate, clear your head, move through this bit by bit. Fancy dinner sounds like a date, so communicate with her and ask after dress code, time, date, etc etc.

Deep breaths again!! Keep doing them! And hey, just have fun. It's a date, and if she asked you to fancy dinner, she thinks you're cool. Just be yourself, enjoy yourself, enjoy her company.

Hope that helps. Ask if you need more clarification or advice, I'll do my best.

@Sequence

Ok ok.

*Inhales*

I'm going to text her back now.

Thanks for your help.

What are you supposed to do when your friends are dating and you really don't like it but you can't say that because if you say that then they will both be sad because they like each other but greatly trust your opinion? And you know they aren't going to last much longer and then be sad and both turn to you for help?

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

Ok ok.

*Inhales*

I'm going to text her back now.

Thanks for your help.

Of course.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

What are you supposed to do when your friends are dating and you really don't like it but you can't say that because if you say that then they will both be sad because they like each other but greatly trust your opinion? And you know they aren't going to last much longer and then be sad and both turn to you for help?

Well you don't say anything. Sounds like young love. The classic middle/high school young love. So, let it run it's course. If it does end, then be a friend and help lift them up. Be there for them. If it doesn't end, then still be a friend and help lift them up. It's the best thing you can do.

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Hey! You stole my question!

How do you comfort a friend who's gone through a rough breakup and has severe anxiety about it?

3 hours ago, Ranryu said:

How do you comfort a friend who's gone through a rough breakup and has severe anxiety about it?

Honestly, the answer to a lot of these questions is just 'Be there for them.' Because that's what works! In most cases, the obvious answer is to simply be there. Listen to them and their grievances, provide comfort, and just be.

2 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

How do you best advise tolerating the existence of most of my peers?

Well if they're annoying you... talk to them about it.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Along the lines of the previous post, advice on tolerating my(idiot)self?

If you've got feelings to feel, think them through, don't shut them out. Perhaps a filter, if you don't like how much you say or what you say; you can come up with your own rules about it so you are in control of it. Or, just keep being you (the better option really) because it's funny and you're yourself and no one, not even yourself, should tell yourself to shush.

Everyone isn't happy with themselves at some point.

I'm not happy with myself at the moment in my life. There have been several instances in the past couple weeks where I look at myself in the mirror and hate what I've hidden. Hate the things I've done that I hide deep down.

But I still be me, because I don't need to shove that on people unless they really want to/need to know.

Keep that in mind.