Koloss Head munching day?

There's a WoB somewhere where someone asks Brandon what holidays are there in Mistborn, and he answers "Koloss Head-Munching Day" as a joke. It became a fandom joke. I have no idea how did it become Brandon's birthday, but that's where the name comes from.

Wob about it here!

Questioner

Is Koloss Head-Munching Day like Weasel Stomping Day?

Brandon Sanderson

Someone asked me way before I was famous, back when it was five or six people who read my books, like "Are there any holidays?" and I'm like "Yeah, Koloss Head-Munching Day!" And then the fans took it and ran with it. At the next signing, they said "What is it?" and I'm like "Uh, my birthday" and then it just became a thing.

Questioner 2

What is it? What does it mean?

Brandon Sanderson

It means it's the day that the koloss go have some heads to eat.

Questioner 2

What I want to know is how the koloss can make a decision on their own? To munch heads? Somebody has to tell them, right?

Brandon Sanderson

The thing about koloss is that they try to imitate and recapture being human. So they wear coin pouches and things like that, so they get it wrong. They know that holidays exist.

It's partially just a joke.

Footnote: Koloss Head-Munching Day/Brandon's birthday is December 19th. Weasel Stomping Day is a Weird Al song.
Orem signing (Dec. 21, 2017)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 0:17 AM, Just a Silvereye said:

There's a WoB somewhere where someone asks Brandon what holidays are there in Mistborn, and he answers "Koloss Head-Munching Day" as a joke. It became a fandom joke. I have no idea how did it become Brandon's birthday, but that's where the name comes from.

I knew there was a story in here somewhere!

Edited by KaladinWorldsinger