5 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Avi took one of the bottles. She tucked it away in a pouch.

"I'd rather save mine for later," she explained. "But the spur will be useful..."

Once they had gathered everything they needed, Avi pointed to a formation that glimmered in the moonlight. This planet only had one moon; Avi had found it strange when she first arrived, considering she had grown up on a world that was a moon of a larger world. The Figari collective was a wide place, filled with many worlds, both on a physical and a more arcane level.

The single moon shone on a growing latticework of metal ore and crystal. "Let's head to that formation," Avi said. "It makes a sheltered path up to the next layer of the hike."

Il'anque nodded. She was glad that Avi had worked out the route, because planning wasn't a very Il'anque thing to do. The sheltered path would hopefully stop monster attacks, so it probably wouldn't be worth it to coat the scimitars with poison now. Il'anque followed Avi up the slope.

"I have some food, in case we're stopping somewhere. I wouldn't recommend stopping in the caves, though. There are some pretty scary things that I'd rather not face in those."

Just now, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque nodded. She was glad that Avi had worked out the route, because planning wasn't a very Il'anque thing to do. The sheltered path would hopefully stop monster attacks, so it probably wouldn't be worth it to coat the scimitars with poison now. Il'anque followed Avi up the slope.

"I have some food, in case we're stopping somewhere. I wouldn't recommend stopping in the caves, though. There are some pretty scary things that I'd rather not face in those."

"Not the caves," Avi agreed.

She led Il'anque on a rocky path up to the crystal lattice. Structures like that all around the mountain gave it the image of a gigantic iridescent thorn bush. They passed an area filled with spikes of crystal jutting from the ground. Many of them were carved with runes or symbols. 

More shrines, Avi thought. There are a lot of them on this part of the mountain.

They made it to the start of the lattice pathway after a few minutes without any encounters with monsters. The arches of crystal and metal made a simple clear pathway up to the First Layer of the mountain.

"Once we pass through these arches, we'll be to the First Layer," she said. "Stay on your guard."

Let me know if I'm progressing the story too fast. Also, I'm kind of godmodding in that I'm assuming Il'anque follows Avi...I mean, it's assumed, but let me know if it's a problem.

Ele’maiya looked up at the Inverted Mountain in wonder. Such beauty…

But she had a job to do. Setting her jaw, she began walking. It was a steep climb, but she was accustomed to intense physical exercise after five years of training. 

Straining her eyes, she noticed a figure rounding the crest of a foothill in the distance - or perhaps it was two figures, she couldn’t quite tell. More acolytes, maybe?

She spun decisively on her heel and set off after the receding silhouettes.

I can already tell timezone is going to be a problem here…

Also, which group should Ele’maiya join?

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"Not the caves," Avi agreed.

She led Il'anque on a rocky path up to the crystal lattice. Structures like that all around the mountain gave it the image of a gigantic iridescent thorn bush. They passed an area filled with spikes of crystal jutting from the ground. Many of them were carved with runes or symbols. 

More shrines, Avi thought. There are a lot of them on this part of the mountain.

They made it to the start of the lattice pathway after a few minutes without any encounters with monsters. The arches of crystal and metal made a simple clear pathway up to the First Layer of the mountain.

"Once we pass through these arches, we'll be to the First Layer," she said. "Stay on your guard."

Il'anque nodded. The First Layer had a lot of monsters, so she wanted to be prepared. "I'd recommend applying the venom now. We probably will have to face things that can't be killed easily." Following her own advice, Il'anque applied the venom to her scimitars.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Mercury grins and her excitement bleeds into her blades which begin to hum softly with crackles of electricity.

"Time to get a move on!"

Oh dear gods, thought I’ikeq. Just what had he gotten himself into? Sighing, he started following the three of them up the hill.

@Ookla the Myopic @PyroPhile @Ookla the [Redacted]

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

21 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Caoimhe scooted away from the monster and shot another arrow at it. She took a couple of seconds to calm down. Maybe I should... I don't know.. not travel alone. She grabbed her arrows and started to climb again. 

As Ele’maiya got nearer to the figure, she began to make out the features of Caoimhe, a fellow acolyte. She had always seemed like one of the more sane ones, so Maiya increased her pace. “Hey, Caoimhe! Want to travel with me?”

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque nodded. The First Layer had a lot of monsters, so she wanted to be prepared. "I'd recommend applying the venom now. We probably will have to face things that can't be killed easily." Following her own advice, Il'anque applied the venom to her scimitars.

Avi nodded. She was...unsure about how useful the venom would be. Between her dagger and her magic, she thought she could handle herself. But it could be beneficial. She drew her dagger and  pulled out the vial of venom, and poured about a third of the venom into a compartment in the hilt. The venom would run through grooves in the metal and temporarily infuse the edges of the blade. Pouring the venom on the blade alone wouldn't work, as the dagger's self-cleaning properties would simply repel it. 

She slid the dagger back in its sheath. Then she turned to continue on the path. A flash of iridescence moved in the edge of her vision, and she tensed.

"I don't think we're alone here," Avi said to Il'anque.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

As Ele’maiya got nearer to the figure, she began to make out the features of Caoimhe, a fellow acolyte. She had always seemed like one of the more sane ones, so Maiya increased her pace. “Hey, Caoimhe! Want to travel with me?”

Caoimhe turned a little startled. "Um... sure." She was a little surprised that anyone actually wanted to travel with her.

Guys, I leave for work, and decide to go to bed without checking in here and you add 3 new pages?

Isek heard powerful breathing to his side, and out of the corner of his eye he spotted the outline of a large feline. It was almost invisible, and if he hadn't been listening he might have missed it. The creature was crouched down, waiting to pounce.

Not giving himself time to think Isek held out his hand, thick chains flying from his palm, wrapping around the creatures neck, where the links melted forming a sturdy collar. The beast stood in surprise, but Isek knew that it wouldn't be enough, concentrating he willed the collar to grow spikes pointing in, driving deep into the creatures neck.

It's roar of pain little more than a wet gurgle the creature fell over, red gore leaking out from the collar.

Isek pulled hard reabsorbing the metal into himself, and continued towards the mountain.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Avi nodded. She was...unsure about how useful the venom would be. Between her dagger and her magic, she thought she could handle herself. But it could be beneficial. She drew her dagger and  pulled out the vial of venom, and poured about a third of the venom into a compartment in the hilt. The venom would run through grooves in the metal and temporarily infuse the edges of the blade. Pouring the venom on the blade alone wouldn't work, as the dagger's self-cleaning properties would simply repel it. 

She slid the dagger back in its sheath. Then she turned to continue on the path. A flash of iridescence moved in the edge of her vision, and she tensed.

"I don't think we're alone here," Avi said to Il'anque.

Il'anque looked around, and caught the flash. It came from a vein of metal a few meters away. It wasn't another reaper, as they would, you know, make a noise.

As if on cure, the ground started rumbling. Il'anque held her scimitars up to guard. 

And then it happened. The monster burst out of the ground, all spindly legs and sharp pincers leading into a huge maw. A Din'al, the Eater of Metals. It burrowed under the ground, finding sustenance within the veins of the Inverted Mountain. but when it heard vibrations on the surface, it went for blood.

Il'anque parried one of its strikes with a scimitar, striking in with the other. Well, this journey certainly wasn't going to be boring.

Edited by Ookla the Nerdy

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque looked around, and caught the flash. It came from a vein of metal a few meters away. It wasn't another reaper, as they would, you know, make a noise.

As if on cure, the ground started rumbling. Il'anque held her scimitars up to guard. 

And then it happened. The monster burst out of the ground, all spindly legs and sharp pincers leading into a huge maw. A Din'al, the Eater of Metals. It burrowed under the ground, finding sustenance within the veins of the Inverted Mountain. but when it heard vibrations on the surface, it went for blood.

Il'anque parried one of its strikes with a scimitar, striking in with the other. Well, this journey certainly wasn't going to be boring.

Ast'avi drew a rune in the air, calling upon one of the spells she had learned during her long studies of Wizardry. A wave of frost blew over the Din'al, encasing several of its legs in ice. It let out a strange sound, a layered roar composed of screeches and rumbles. 

As it tried to dive at Il'anque again, stumbling because of its lost mobility, Avi pulled her dagger in its sheath and called on her Starmagic. She had been told that she was of one of the strongest celestial bloodlines in her city, before it was destroyed. She had hidden that from the world, taught herself Wizardry to disguise the spells that ran in her blood. The other acolytes were at least vaguely aware of her divine ancestry, but she didn't care. It was the ignorant people that she needed to hide from. 

Here, she could use both forms of magic to their fullest.

She encased her dagger in a blade of starlight, transforming it into a short sword. A swarm of solidified points of light formed in front of her, like a shimmering constellation. The pinpricks shot at the Din'al faster than any arrow, wounding it further.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Ast'avi drew a rune in the air, calling upon one of the spells she had learned during her long studies of Wizardry. A wave of frost blew over the Din'al, encasing several of its legs in ice. It let out a strange sound, a layered roar composed of screeches and rumbles. 

As it tried to dive at Il'anque again, stumbling because of its lost mobility, Avi pulled her dagger in its sheath and called on her Starmagic. She had been told that she was of one of the strongest celestial bloodlines in her city, before it was destroyed. She had hidden that from the world, taught herself Wizardry to disguise the spells that ran in her blood. The other acolytes were at least vaguely aware of her divine ancestry, but she didn't care. It was the ignorant people that she needed to hide from. 

Here, she could use both forms of magic to their fullest.

She encased her dagger in a blade of starlight, transforming it into a short sword. A swarm of solidified points of light formed in front of her, like a shimmering constellation. The pinpricks shot at the Din'al faster than any arrow, wounding it further.

Il'anque watched as Avi's constellation hit the Din'al. It was wounded, but it wasn't out yet. Indeed, even as Il'anque thought those words, the Din'al broke free and reared up, aiming for Avi.

I just need to find a- there!

Jumping into motion, Il'anque dashed for the beast. It tried to strike, but Il'anque slid under its wounded pincer. It was time to show what she could do. Il'anque stabbed upwards, piercing the Din'al - and delivering the poison. But this was a large beast. The venom would take time to set in. And as Il'anque tried to dodge out of the beast's range, it slashed her across the back.

No time to worry about that now. I can heal after we kill it.
If we kill it.

Isek looked up at the large creature fighting the other two acolytes.  He felt like he should know what it was, he had probably studied it, but nothing leaped out to him.

"Well, I should probably help them."

Isek crouched down, fish feet forming metal hooks that dig into the stone, while his legs morphed into large springs. He formed a winch and used his magic to spin it, compressing the springs, creating a massive buildup of tension.

Judging the distance, Isek aimed, feeling the enormous power beneath him. Then he let go, the springs released, and he was sent flying.

You guys can narrate the landing. @Ookla the Nerdy @Ookla the Perpetual

Edited by Ookla the Frustrated.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Oh dear gods, thought I’ikeq. Just what had he gotten himself into? Sighing, he started following the three of them up the hill.

@Ookla the Myopic @PyroPhile @Ookla the [Redacted]

Do y'all wanna have an RP time or get attacked by a beeg scawy monster?

Atren kept jogging up his own personal invisible stairs. So far, there hadn't been any monster that had so much as dented his concentration. A few ground creatures had taken half-hearted swings at him, but there'd been nothing they could do to stop him and they knew it. The flying creatures hadn't fared much better, ramming into his shields a few times before giving up to go chase somebody else.

It had been a few minutes since he had been attacked, and that made him wary. The scenery had changed, too, a sure indication that this portion of the hike was different. More difficult. There'd be harder monsters here.

As if on cue, a giant, flying, lizard-like creature appeared out of nowhere and hurled itself at Atren.

Kaeli was heading their journey, a blazing ball of flame hovering above the palm of her outstretched hand to light their way. So far a number of monsters had come a touch too close for her liking, but upon seeing their numbers most had fled pretty much immediately. The kinds wandering these lower hills wouldn't be very keen on hunting people - it wouldn't be until they got up a ways that something would take a chance at some mages for dinner.

"It's almost over, huh?" The thought of the end coming so soon was... strange.

@PyroPhile @Ookla the Myopic @Ookla the Omniscient