25 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Are you guys?" Kaeli was already fingering her bowstring, itching for a bit of action.

I’ikeq nodded. Children, he thought, inwardly grimacing. It was hard to reconcile that with the fact that they were much more powerful than him.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

9 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

@Ookla the Nerdy

Avi feinted at the del'kthin, lunging toward it with her starlight-encased dagger. The creature retaliated by roaring and lunging at her, in turn. Avi dodged, rolling to the left to avoid it's venom filled claws. Then as it landed off balance, she spun, dismissed the starlight blade, and rammed the dagger directly into the creatures neck. It died with nothing more than a weak whine.

Avi pulled the dagger out of the monster. Instead of having to wipe it off, the creature's blood simply...melted away from the dagger. It was made of Etheriumite and alloys of other metals, and had magical properties, including the ability to clean itself. It was nice.

She slid the dagger into its sheath and turned to Il'anque. "Let's keep moving," she said. "We have another fifteen minutes before we reach the next part of the hike. If we're lucky."

"Wait." said Il'anque. "You're not just going to leave this thing here, are you? Do you know how useful this corpse is?" Il'anque began harvesting the venom off of the claws. "This stuff could save your life against one of the monsters higher up the mountain. The pelt acts as a focus to shadow magic, and the bone is probably a better weapon than half of the things in the armory. Surely you're not just going to ignore that!"

Just now, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Wait." said Il'anque. "You're not just going to leave this thing here, are you? Do you know how useful this corpse is?" Il'anque began harvesting the venom off of the claws. "This stuff could save your life against one of the monsters higher up the mountain. The pelt acts as a focus to shadow magic, and the bone is probably a better weapon than half of the things in the armory. Surely you're not just going to ignore that!"

Ast'avi stood there for a moment.

I knew travelling with her was a good choice.

Avi turned back and knelt next to the del'kthin. "I was honestly unaware of those properties. Let me know what I can do to help, but make it quick."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Ast'avi stood there for a moment.

I knew travelling with her was a good choice.

Avi turned back and knelt next to the del'kthin. "I was honestly unaware of those properties. Let me know what I can do to help, but make it quick."

Il'anque smiled. "This shouldn't take long. Do you know how to skin something like this? I can harvest the venom. We might have to leave the claws behind, though. I doubt we have enough time to get those."

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque smiled. "This shouldn't take long. Do you know how to skin something like this? I can harvest the venom. We might have to leave the claws behind, though. I doubt we have enough time to get those."

Avi nodded and pulled out her dagger. She began to take the hide off the creature.

Once she was finished, she rolled up the hide and put it in her pack. 

"Are you finished?" she asked Il'anque.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Avi nodded and pulled out her dagger. She began to take the hide off the creature.

Once she was finished, she rolled up the hide and put it in her pack. 

"Are you finished?" she asked Il'anque.

"Yes!" Il'anque held up two small bottles of a clear, viscous liquid. "This should last us until the top of the mountain. It doesn't dry very fast, so we can coat our weapons now." Il'aque also held up one of the spurs. "I managed to get this as well. It won't be too useful yet, but it'll make a great dagger once we can carve it."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Yes!" Il'anque held up two small bottles of a clear, viscous liquid. "This should last us until the top of the mountain. It doesn't dry very fast, so we can coat our weapons now." Il'aque also held up one of the spurs. "I managed to get this as well. It won't be too useful yet, but it'll make a great dagger once we can carve it."

Avi took one of the bottles. She tucked it away in a pouch.

"I'd rather save mine for later," she explained. "But the spur will be useful..."

Once they had gathered everything they needed, Avi pointed to a formation that glimmered in the moonlight. This planet only had one moon; Avi had found it strange when she first arrived, considering she had grown up on a world that was a moon of a larger world. The Figari collective was a wide place, filled with many worlds, both on a physical and a more arcane level.

The single moon shone on a growing latticework of metal ore and crystal. "Let's head to that formation," Avi said. "It makes a sheltered path up to the next layer of the hike."