So, that's a weird idea I had. You see, I named my computer Sparchivist (yes, computers always have names, get on with it) because all my Sanderfan siblings called their computers Cosmere-related names, so in an effort to outdo them I called my computer after the Feruchemical properties that it's made of - memory and thought. When I told my father what I called my computer, he nicknamed him Sparky, which I immediately pointed out was a dog's name. Thus, Sparchivist the Feruchemical Dog was born.

Essentially, this is (as the title says) a cartoon from era 3 of Mistborn, probably made by Terris creators. Sparky is a private investigator - but it being a cartoon, you can probably imagine how ot goes. There's a lot of imagery of using Feruchemical powers, too.

Now, Sparky has two Feruchemical powers. We all know that there's only one way to makeΒ thatΒ possible (miscounting medalions for now)... But this is a children's show, so he was just experimented upon somewhere and magically got powers. Probably by Southerners or something, so that it'll sound extra mysterious. My personal view is that maybe it's an adaptation of a darker original comics where Sparky indeed was a Hemalurgic creation, or that there is a real dog with those powers who indeed was made via Hemalurgy. If so, he actually has the Blessing of Presence (Copper spike) and a spike for Archivist powers. He also has a zinc medallion.

Anyway, the cartoon version ought to have a theme song, so I wrote lyrics for it. I don't really have music for it yet, and it probably needs a little adding and fixing, but here it is:

Who is that, clearing out the fog?

Sparchivist, the Feruchemical Dog!

He will remove each and every clog,

Sparchivist the Feruchemical Dog!

Β 

Sparky was just a regular dog,

Running around and playing catch,

But weird experiments with lots of needles

Made his metals burn like a match.

Β 

Zinc for wisdom, to keep him thinking

Copper to recall every part

An aluminium hat, in case of a riot

So he went out, but it was just the start!

Β 

Because he's

Sparchivist the Feruchemical DogΒ 

Investigating crime all around,

Sparchivist the Feruchemical Dog

Will make sure the culprit's found!

Β 

With his powers and a v-shaped cape

He's as Terris as any dog could be

He was offered a piece of Lerasium

But said: "Allomancy Isn't for me!"

Β 

Because he's

Thinking faster than someone with steel,

When no one can solve it he will!

Β 

And if it seems a bit cheesy or cringe-worthy remember: this is a theme song for a cartoon. It should sound like that.

Edited by Trutharchivist

Interesting idea, I can almost imagine this becoming Scadrial's version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Question, does Sparchivist stand on two legs or on all fours? I'm imagining him being bipedal because it's just a cartoon.

Β 

Another question: what would be your version of the pilot episode?

Hmm... I actually thought he'd walk on all fours. For some reason I thought of the "Martha Speaks" series while writing this, and I believe she walks on all fours? But he'll still stand on his hind legs occasionally.

I didn't think through on the pilot episode, but it'd be something of a cross between Lilo meets Stitch and Watson meets Holmes. Something like, a kid finds Sparky and adopts him, while a bunch of mad scientists - who gave Sparky his powers - are looking for him. At some point the kid finds out Sparky isn't a regular dog and they somehow succeed in evading the mad scientists. This group will be the arc villains of at least season 1, with most of the episodes being something like Sherlock Holmes short stories or something.

• 1 year later...

Double posting because I had another idea about the first episode: maybe Sparchivist will try keeping a secret identity by storing in his zincminds all the time, and will have some sort of mask that he puts on when he does his investigative stuff.

And yeah, I still think he'll be quadrupedal. Still need to figure out the details of the plot, though...

I love cartoons, and this idea entertains me to no end.Β 

Do you have any ideas for the style of the drawing? I was imagining something made for 8 year olds, The theme song supporting my imagination of something kinda Cartoon Network-y, but I really what to know what you had in mind.

Edited by Pineap-spider

Honestly, not sure I've had anything in mind. I don't really draw, so I don't know.

I think if I saw it in different styles I might be able to pick one, but eh, it's not like anything like that is going to happen. So, you can imagine it in whatever style, I guess.Β 

Anyway, thank you!